Thread: Crash on startup

Default Crash on startup

So I have downloaded to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\crusades renaming hyrule to crusades since it didn't seem to be working. Everytime I start up, vanilla ME2 shows up then immediately crashes.

One problem I might note is when I installed Hyrule, Installer 2 would install #3 and #3 would install number 2.

Default Re: Crash on startup

Little bit of an update.

I managed to get the mod started but now it seems to crash after a few minutes in the program. It will happen in the main menu and on a game.

Hey,

I am also having this problem as well, I installed the mood using the file pathway above and I used the recommend Kingdom Mod Launcher app, but the game crashes at the log screen. How did you get your game to get to the main menu?

I am having the same problem I cant start the mod

I am now having the exact same problem, although I renamed it to americas instead of crusades.

Trying to launch through the AUI.bat does the exact same thing. I get the vanilla splash screen for a second and a half and then it crashes.

All I get is that it can't find kingdoms.exe. Does anybody have any clue what that means

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    All I get is that it can't find kingdoms.exe. Does anybody have any clue what that means
    I had that for a while too, you have to rename the Hyrule Total War mod to one of the Kingdoms campaigns, whichever one you don't particularly fancy, and make sure you rename to original file to "old" whatever. (old_americas) for instance.

See if you can run it through the launcher then. That's as far as I can get.

By the way, for anyone wanting to keep all the kingdoms campaigns intact, here is a handy guide for having Hyrule Total War show up in the launcher: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Launcher-guide!!

It didn't fix the problem of crashing though.