Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod Preview: Family Houses: Familiae Romanae

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Mod Preview: Family Houses: Familiae Romanae

Hello there! I recently played this mod randomly on steam, and ended up playing nearly 10hrs of it (might not seem like much to some people, but it's 100% of the time I put in Rome II this week). While I would actually love to finish a campaign with it, I've moved into the patch 10 beta to test it out, however, I thought I should shed some light on this mod as it is a suprising amount of fun and really evokes the feeling on Rome I, much more so than I thought it would.

Anyways, I just crafted this video as a bit of fun, and a small preview of the mod, incase you think you may be interested in it.

The link to the mod on steam is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=257055394

This has been updated to work with patch 12!

Click below for RonBurgandy, SilentResident and Idreaus' updated description and whats coming:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

am pleased to announce Idreas' Roman Houses mod is back up!

After several weeks of trying to fix the Roman expansion problem without luck, I decided to rebuild this mod from the old files made unusable due to patch 11 and after many hours poured into this, I finally have it back to where it was.

Just to be clear- This is Idreas' mod. Not mine. He built the mod from scratch, I just rebuilt it. SilentResident designed all of the custom UI parts to this mod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mod is designed from the 4 Roman factions from Rome: Total War. You can play as the Julii, Brutii, or Scipii

FEATURES
    - You are able to play with your friends in Co-op as the Roman houses.

- You will receive missions from both the Senate and the other houses

- Instead of a civil war where multiple stacks pop out of nowhere, when you reach too high of an imperium, all of the other factions will turn on you and you will have to face the other Roman factions.

- Rome gets huge. As the other factions, you are faced with the impending Roman Empire as more and more land is conquered by the families. If you play as a barbarian, Iberian, Greek or African faction, you will have to consolidate the region quickly in order to have enough strength to face the Roman Empire.

COMPATIBILITY
    -This mod should be compatible with most other mods

-This mod is not save-game compatible and is not compatible with DEI or Radious despite what the picture says. I apologize

-I will not be making this DEI compatible.

HANNIBAL AT THE GATES IS REQUIRED TO PLAY AS THE HOUSE OF SCIPII
    - I just found this out. Since Syracuse (which was turned into the Scipii) became playable with the release of HaG, CA has made it impossible to play as Syracuse (and thus, the Scipii) without the expansion. I apologize for the inconvenience

So if you don't own HaG, you can't play as the Scipii but this mod is still good as you can play as other factions and be able to face an extremely powerful Rome

I will also not be making SPQR playable. They receive bonuses so that they can field large armies with only one city.

Please let me know what you think and give me feedback on what could be improved or changed.

FUTURE PLANS
    -For those of you who do not like seeing green and blue Romans, I am working on an alternate version of this mod where the 3 families are all red so it looks like Rome is expanding as one entity

-I also want to give Carthage and maybe Egypt this same treatment

-My future plans for this mod depends heavily on user feedback

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Syracuse starts out with no buildings. This is an Assembly Kit bug.
    - Scipii and Brutii do not use legion names. I am working to resolve this issue.

Click below for Idreaus' original mod description:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Roman Republic.

Reminder: if you lag and it freezes after a turn, dont panic. thats just a mission that will pop, give it few second and you will be fine

-----------------------------------

Familiae Romanae [2 Turn Per Year included] [NEW CAMPAIGN REQUIRED] FOR RADIOUS AND VANILLA.

Introducing the Golden Nostalgia feeling we fans had back when the popular award winning Rome Total War was released. I have brought back the roman houses, the Senate and the Missions

This mod seperates the three Roman families (Junia, Julia and Cornelia) into three sub faction under the ruler of The Senate. Increasing the survival of the Roman republic to expand in various directions with a strong relationships between all the houses and the Senate, adding depth and immersive with the political and military aspect of the original game combined with Rome 2. Italy starts with a unmatched fortify starting point, giving other factions (carthage, greeks or the gauls) a challenge to take on Rome.

This mod works best for vanilla + additional mods or with Radious overhauls.

I did not change the AI behavior by any means, nor did i made "Rome" a overpowered faction. They are, extremely strong due to their broad unit variation, technology and historically speaking, they were advanced. Be aware that if you fight against them. you better wait till one of the Houses turns against the senate or the other houses.

If you are going to play as one of the roman families, i suggest you build a strong tie with the Senate. Unless the Senate is against you, then you better be ready for an intense CIVIL WAR that will completely turn the table, giving the advantage to the enemies of rome to take on you while you are taking on them and the romans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay campaign in depth:

~~HOUSES~~

-The House of Julia [Julii]:
    -The House of Junia [Brutii]
    -The House of Cornelia [Scipii]

~~THE SENATE AND ROMAN HOUSES MISSION REQUESTS~~

-Each faction will receive missions from their fellow romans and the senate.
    -Some will be to kill your own Politician (statesman) or assasinate a general.
    -some will be war expansion request or territory focus.
    -The senate WILL assist when necessary, if certain missions werent completed by you in time. they will do the job instead. The senate will also defend italy from rebellions and invasions.

~POLITICS~

-As you progress, the more powerful you get, the more the senate likes you, the more other houses will hate you. beware of your relations with the other houses, and the senate. A civil war can break any time. Also, the more missions you succeed from the houses or from senate missions. the better your relations will be.

~~MULTIPLAYER / CO-OP~~

-Players can now play both as romans, from different Houses.

~~MORE TO COME~~
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Fully compatible with present patch (9.1)
    - NOT saved game compatible, must start new campaign to benefit from this mod.
    - This mod can work along with other workshop mods as long they do not conflict Campaign/faction modification..
    - Compatible with Radious 100%. (Units won't be shown in custom battles, only in campaign)

PLEASE READ:

THIS MOD IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH:
    -Playable Factions and Custom Battle mod
    -Large Empires by Dresden.
    -Ancient Colors (all factions) by Epaminondas.
    -Faction Colours Remastered by Spec.
    -Divide et Impera
    -Turns Per Year mods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CREDITS/ADDITIONAL MODS INCLUDED:
    -Lux Aeterna [Side] Roman Faction Intro Video Mod by [GrudgeTheDutchman].
    -Ui mod color by G Ξ Я Ψ L λ
    -Thanks to SilentFairy for her awesome chocolates <3
    -Creative Assembly for providing the tools for modders!

RECOMMENDED MODS:
    -Realistic legionary tactics by Abel1717 and i.
    -Realistic Economy by Abel1717
    -Realistic land & navy battles by Abel1717
    Last edited by DarrenTotalWar; May 10, 2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: MOD HAS BEEN UPDATED

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Default Re: Mod Preview: Family Houses: Familiae Romanae

very good mod

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

It was buggy for me.....

I've noticed that Radious' units don't really seem to appear in the campaign, despite having the unit packs active.

Please make a non-steam link.

I remember when they used to make mods to get rid of this crap

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Shouldn't it be "Familiae Romana", instead of "Romanae" (neuter "Roman" plural, not feminine)?

Trying not to be "that guy"
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

I'm thinking this mod isn't compatible with mods such as Radious, in case you weren't quick enough to figure that one out.

This is actually one of the first unique, imaginative mods for Rome II I've seen. Bringing back the old family system; genius. That was one of the things that added a whole lot of life and replayability to the original game.

And DRIFTER... that they did, I agree. But the ultimate goal of a mod is to do something different to the base game. Something like this is very welcome for those who enjoy (and still enjoy) the original Rome I.

good4eL's Avatar Civis

What will you do with no food for Senate faction?

Do you plan to create a new campaign's map with more settlements and another provincial system? (Not as the lands of South of Italia and island of Sicily included in one province)

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

At least at the camphaign map I hear actual music in the background Not some girl whining and depressing tones as in original rome 2.

hi guys if any one downloaded this mod please upload that to no steam like mediafire

Quote Originally Posted by fmogaddam View Post
    hi guys if any one downloaded this mod please upload that to no steam like mediafire
    Under the banner of Jolly Roger I guess?

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Yeah sorry guys, I never actually tested it with Radious Mod, I just previewed it by itself.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    Under the banner of Jolly Roger I guess?
    2 years ago i'd of sneered at the guy for the same reason, but if it sends a message to win back it's members then let him sail for that booty.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

This mod and idea is great and I hope someday in future I will gonna play new roman campaign with this mod. Absolutely one needed mod to rome 2. Pity that It might be conflict with some radious files.

but hat rise for him, who did this mod.

I want to thanks everyone who supported me since the beta release of this mod ;3

I believe the radious compatibily became uncompatible after a update I did, not 100% sure but i'll double check.

Great mod!!! Finally!!!!!

Has anyone been able to upload it to mediafire whatsoever?

Bie, unfortunately I do not support non-steam downloads (usually that leads to people pirating the game) So don't expect it from me by any means.

Although if some else wants to supply that I have no rights to stop him :p so feel free to do so.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Idreaus View Post
    Bie, unfortunately I do not support non-steam downloads (usually that leads to people pirating the game) So don't expect it from me by any means.

Although if some else wants to supply that I have no rights to stop him :p so feel free to do so.
    No it does not. First of all theirs 2 choices. Steam Mod Manager & Standalone Mod Manger both can be used with the steam version of TWR2. Personally i prefer the standalone mod manager and i support the work of modders i do not like the steam mod manager and never have done thus i will never use it until it provides standalone downloads instead of being greedy.

Now i can understand everyone who has the game on steam wants mods to be exclusively uploaded to the steam servers but what that does is put a bad percentage of mods being more popular thus having a negative effect to everyone not just the pirates. Anyway call me stupid, dumb, worthless for saying this but mods should be available to everyone.

Just an opinion.
    Last edited by UselessPoster; March 17, 2014 at 05:09 PM.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast