Thread: Problem with the Black gate reinforcements

Default Problem with the Black gate reinforcements

I posted this in bug reports but no one seems to have an answer.

Here's the situation: I took the Black gate from Mordor and left small force as a garrison there. Now Mordor is besieging it from the outside(west) I came back with my main army to reinforce them but i can't seem to be able to attack the besiegers directly with main army, so I attacked with garrisoned forces and the main army came as reinforcements. Everything seems to be going as it should but battlemap is where things go little haywire.
    Here's a little diagram to help you understand what's going on. http://s25.postimg.org/6iuv52m9r/Untitled_1.jpg

Blue is for reinforcements green for garrison and red for enemy army. for some weird reason part of one stack comes in from behind and sides of enemy army and main body of the same stack is stuck at the point where they should be coming in from. now i don't know if any of you had the same problem but i'm guessing i'm not the only one. i understand that game mechanics don't allow me to pass around or through besieged gate which is actually a castle ingame but at least i should be allowed to reinforce my garrison from behind right? so what gives? to me this seems to be very important part of this mod so it shouldn't be so buggy.
    Last edited by gaaxure; March 11, 2014 at 09:35 PM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Problem with the Black gate reinforcements

Just out of interest: that stuck army... are they controlled by AI or are they pure reinforcements? i.e. Did you tick the "let the AI control them" option for them? Does it make any difference?

So your "main army" (the stuck one) is inside Mordor, right? To the east of the settlement? Meaning that they are not on an adjacent tile to the enemy. That explains why you can't attack with them but I would have thought that they wouldn't be in the battle at all, for the same reason: not adjacent to the enemy.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

This is deployment bug you can fix it only if you know how to use IWTE.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

are you playing VANILLA 3.2, MOS, DAC or MY submod?

they are pure reinforcements i can even control the ones that make it inside the battlefield. yes they are inside mordor technically they're northeast and i think that's what causing the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by gaaxure View Post
    they are pure reinforcements i can even control the ones that make it inside the battlefield. yes they are inside mordor technically they're northeast and i think that's what causing the bug.
    I meant what version of the mod you're playing.

You just have installed TATW 3.2 version or any sub-mod?

3.2 vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by gaaxure View Post
    3.2 vanilla
    this is a known issue. My sub-mod contains fix for it. But there is not a patch for 3.2 for this.