Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade as Sparta?

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Trade as Sparta?

How exactly do I establish trade agreements with other factions as Sparta? I'm trying to play a campaign, but my finances are severely crippled due to not being able to make trade agreements. It always tells me something along the lines of "you can't establish a path to this faction's capital" when I try to.

Some advice would really be helpful.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Re: Trade as Sparta?

You have to take Athens to get access to a port.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Let Epirus take Sparta and then take their home city (or vice versa). Recapture Sparta after your capital switches to one with a port.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Let Epirus take Sparta and then take their home city (or vice versa). Recapture Sparta after your capital switches to one with a port.
    Sadly in my experience if you did that the capital would move back to Sparta.

Either abandon Sparta (not advisable because you will lose also Statue of Zeus which is the most OP Wonder in the game [IMO]), or take Athens. (Or try to manage your economy with one trade agreement).

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Ive beeb playing with the DEI mod and sparta starts of with trade agreements in place with athens
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

@kamikazee786 - In Vanilla, Sparta also starts with trade agreement with Athens, problem is that you can't get more agreements. (You have no port in capital, so there is no possibility for sea trade), and the only land connected to your capital is Athenian Region, so you can only trade by land with whoever controls Athens. (In Rome 2, trade always originates from faction's capital).

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    @kamikazee786 - In Vanilla, Sparta also starts with trade agreement with Athens, problem is that you can't get more agreements. (You have no port in capital, so there is no possibility for sea trade), and the only land connected to your capital is Athenian Region, so you can only trade by land with whoever controls Athens. (In Rome 2, trade always originates from faction's capital).

This is one of my biggest gripes with the game, really.

And it's not just on a game level either, it's on an aesthetics level. I hate how, when I play as Rome, and I own all of Iberia and Africa, none of those trade between each other. All of the trade in the world is funneled into Rome, and none is represented in the other cities.

The roads are bare, the seas empty of trade lanes. It just looks boring and terrible.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Someone should do something about this Sparta nonsense! Trade should be available for every faction that has or captures a port. How can Baktria trade then? They don't have a port.

But Baktria has land connection through their province in several directions, Sparta has only one land connection to the Athens. As soon as you capture region with port, and it has "land connection" to your capital, you can now begin sea trade.

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    This is one of my biggest gripes with the game, really.

And it's not just on a game level either, it's on an aesthetics level. I hate how, when I play as Rome, and I own all of Iberia and Africa, none of those trade between each other. All of the trade in the world is funneled into Rome, and none is represented in the other cities.

The roads are bare, the seas empty of trade lanes. It just looks boring and terrible.
    It was always so great in Rome 1 when you controlled all the regions on the Aegean sea, there would be so much trade income from just trading between your own cities. There hasn't been trade within a faction for several games, has there?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

who plays as sparta anyways? such a lame faction...

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

Totally.

And, they wear funny shoes

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

This isn't about lame or not. It's about game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Someone should do something about this Sparta nonsense! Trade should be available for every faction that has or captures a port. How can Baktria trade then? They don't have a port.
    The difference with Baktria is that it can establish a land trade route from it's capital to the port, this is only possible as Sparta if you capture Athens.
    C.S. Lewis

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I do, and I really couldn't care any less what you or Gandhi up there think about it.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Furlong View Post
    It was always so great in Rome 1 when you controlled all the regions on the Aegean sea, there would be so much trade income from just trading between your own cities. There hasn't been trade within a faction for several games, has there?

I know, I loved that so much. I enjoyed looking to see what the different cities traded between one another, too.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I know, I loved that so much. I enjoyed looking to see what the different cities traded between one another, too.
    The trade in this game is bare bones, just like everything else. So much more could have been done. Pretty minimal effort on CA's part.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Sun Jetzu's Avatar Vicarius

Athens must burn to the gwound. Then you can trade. Hopefully they fix this later on.
    One Punch Man Series VS My Hero Academia Series - Who's Better?

Burn it to the ground and salt the fields, then attempt to build a prosperous port
    C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast