Thread: Don Quixote Glitch

Default Don Quixote Glitch

This is a minor problem, but it's a little annoying.

Whenever a Twili General steps through the Mirror Gate, his model animation glitches out and his arms and head begin constantly swinging in a circular, windmill-like pattern.

Default Re: Don Quixote Glitch

Edit: On some contemplation, I realized that when the mirror dies, the new commander of the stack keeps the mirror's spinning animation. This is probably a problem that can be fixed in the campaign scripts file, but I'm not sure what code to add.

Civis

It has happened something similar, but in my case is when I script a "spawn_army" code wrong [okay not wrong, but in this mod you have to do like 5 more steps to not make it glitched, if not it will make the spawned army do the spinning arm and head]. Maybe it has something to do with that, or something like a not considered situation. Right now i have not time to check it. Maybe later.

I explained [in like three wall text] how to use the spawn army code in this mod in this thread 6° post:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13611248

EDIT:
    I have not see the code yet, but I think it may be something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    spawn_army
    faction herooftime ...character Mirror...end
    give_everythingtofaction herooftime twili
    send_characteroffmap Mirror

spawn_army
    faction twili...character Mirror...end
    [PLAYER TURN]
    [ENDTURN]:
    reposition character Mirror...
    send_characteroffmap Mirror
    [wait for the next beginning]

Missing the things in red would make duplicates and nameless mirrors that may cause crash. missing the green one would leave a mirror of a misterious unused faction or certanly crash. Not spawning a extra unit with the mirror in the blue one causes glitched portrait. Trying to spawn any army without the blue one would make the exact glithed rotating head and arms, but i suspect it it caused by another thing. Maybe it is the fault of the purple one because these kind of commands needs the name of the character/general, and this with when repositioning maybe confuses the game and cannot locate the Mirror to take out of the campaign map with the command send_characteroffmap. Just a theory, but I´m not expert of scripting or anything, it is just my experience and my memory. BTW I wrote the command by memory, so they may be or are misspelled.
    Last edited by fernavliz; March 08, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

Lol, this happened to me when I was playing as the Gorons. It seemed to spawn a general at Gor Goronon, who then went rebel instantly, then the next turn he became a gerudo, but with that wierd animation glitch.