Thread: Any Plans For Uruk-Hai Scouts?

Icon1 Any Plans For Uruk-Hai Scouts?

One thing I noticed about this was the absence of the Uruk-Hai scouts, that were featured in the first LOTR film. They had only leather armour on and were extremely fast, covering a lot of ground.
    I believe Lurtz led them to find the ring for Saruman. The closest thing I saw of them in the game was the Uruk Cleavers.

Any plans for a 'light' unit type for Isengard? I think it'd help in the early game, to have a strong, fast but un-armoured unit.

Default Re: Any Plans For Uruk-Hai Scouts?

they have raiders whose armour is quite light

Yeah, but they seem more militarised than scouts... If you know what I mean.

I suppose I can see that but they are uruk hai they are the frontline other whelps do scouting
    plus I think the chest piece from the movie was blackish certainly a different shade than the reavers or cleavers

The Raiders are based off the scouts, save for the helmets. I think they decided to keep the helmets off so they aren't confused for regular infantry

I feel that the Raiders are too similar to the main professional armies that Isengard boasts. Wearing the black etc. I think that having a bunch of Uruk-Hai lightly armoured and can travel further than normal infantry on the campaign map would help out a lot in the game, and it's not really that ridiculous to think of. Especially in the early game, Isengard is very limited in what they can field at that time. I even think the Raiders a little too advanced for the early stage of Isengard; like they just jump out of nowhere and get the black plate mail armour.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The Raiders look as their movie role models;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Brevi has released a mod (from ages ago) that deals exactly with these units. My submod for MOS 1.6.1 also includes this.

Just imagine it is slatted leather armor with no oil for a dull finish. They only have 2 armor in game, so their statistics are appropriate for a raiding band.

Really this quarrel should be taken up with Peter Jackson, who had an unmounted raiding party in heavy armor outrun canoes traveling downstream... The artists of this mod took inspiration from the films, and Lurtz's band was clearly intended to be a raiding band so I think the transfer to this mod is appropriate.

You could just edit the export_descr_unit file, add the "very_hardy" trait to the unit, lower its armor value, and offset its move speed modifier to 1.2 or so.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Export_descr_unit.txt

Scharfrichter's Avatar Miles

The Uruk-Raiders are the scouts from the movie, just a different name

i miss the old dunlending units, isengard lacks seriously in spears, an the pikes are available very late

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0-3-1-by-Brevi
    This little submod changes the appearance of the isengard units. Although not compatible with this version of TATW, it is really easy to simply replace the necessary files. PM me if you need help with it.
    Last edited by Dutch-Balrog; March 17, 2014 at 03:28 AM.