View Poll Results: Apply general vote or not? SE-OotMM case.

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apply vote

4 44.44%
  • Do not apply

5 55.56%

Thread: YB II: Vote regarding vote.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

Default YB II: Vote regarding vote.

If you do not participate in YB II Hotseat, please do not vote!

As I said in the thread, I will allow everyone to vote to apply the result of the upcoming vote or not. If this sounds confusing, which I can imagine it does... :

There will be a vote about the sally from a city that contains defeated units. Currently I do not allow this in YBII, because the faction that can do this then has an advantage over the ones that can not because of turn order.

If you think we should apply the outcome of the upcoming vote , which can either support my decision or undo my decision, vote "Apply vote"
    If you think we should not apply the outcome of the upcoming vote for this case only (SE-OotMM) , vote "Do not apply"

From this point on I will act as admin according to the outcome of the general vote! So bear in mind, your vote here will only apply to the SE-OotMM case.

I will PM every player in YBII , you all have 24 hours from now to vote before I close it.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Default Re: YB II: Vote regarding vote.

SO is the SE argument, that a defeated unit in a settlement with other fine units should not affect the movement of the fine units to come out and attack a besieging army?

Yes, a valid argument. But I do not allow it, because if this happened to OotMM for example, he wouldn't even be able to sally because of the game engine.

The arguments can be made in the upcoming general vote thread. I just want you to vote for this specific case, if we follow my current admin decision and continue the game, or if we wait for the general vote to finish and then apply that rule to this case
    Last edited by Chieftain Khuzaymah; March 05, 2014 at 11:08 AM.

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

I've already seen this discussion on WTW community. Of course you should not allow it, it wouldn't be fair to those factions who come later on the turn order cause they can't do it, however if he disbands the defeated troops he should be able to sally.

Legourou's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Could someone clarify, for me, why it matters so much that defeated units cannot move following defeat by a player that comes after them in the turn order?

This rule seems a bit silly to me. Maybe I just don't understand it, though.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Legourou View Post
    Could someone clarify, for me, why it matters so much that defeated units cannot move following defeat by a player that comes after them in the turn order?

turn 1 : A who is before B in turn order defeats him , he sieges his settlement . Because of turn order B can't sally so he can't fight on turn 1 .
    turn 2: A gets to attack and get the best result to defeat him or retreat

Turn 1 : B defeats A , he sieges his settlement . because of turn order A can sally before B gets to attack the settlement allowing him to try and get the best result again.

so the earlier in turn order you are the clearer your advantage in this situation because the second option occurs if your earlier ...

Quote Originally Posted by Legourou View Post

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    turn 1 : A who is before B in turn order defeats him , he sieges his settlement . Because of turn order B can't sally so he can't fight on turn 1 .
    turn 2: A gets to attack and get the best result to defeat him or retreat

Turn 1 : B defeats A , he sieges his settlement . because of turn order A can sally before B gets to attack the settlement allowing him to try and get the best result again.

so the earlier in turn order you are the clearer your advantage in this situation because the second option occurs if your earlier ...
    And more basically...
    If A defeats B, B can not move his army when he opens his turn. If B defeats A, next turn A opens he can still move his army.

Legourou's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oh, I see.