hey people!

first off thanks a bunchfor the awesome mod! I still struggle with my suspension of disbelief kinda, concerning how the engine doesnt support WW1 warfare (yeah bet youve never ehard THAT criticism before), but given the absolute desolation that is WW1 games, Im still happy you made this.

BUT. as with any TW game that isnt heavily modded to exactly that purpose - its so easy it barely makes any sense playing it. I just started a french campagin with Bdizls minimod, beat two or three pretty crappy german armies (only the five starting 10.5 mm howitzers hit me for some) and steamrolled them within 35 turns, even though I preemptively stopped building troops and infrastructure entirely once I had three full early armies, because I saw the steamroll coming... Italy didnt do much either. its espeacially frustrating since the confrontation between France and Germany was of such epic tug-of-war no-one-seems-to-ever-win nature. no ones supposed to win in two or three minor battles there.

to sum it up - theres no challenge whatsoever. difficutly is maxed of course and I tried with and without the minimod. its so sad, I was happy to have a new Rome last fall, only to put it down after a few campaigns because of this exact reason. then there was a mod, difficile ludum, who made it a LOT more difficult, which was awesome, and then the mod died off, and well... I WANT something like that for TGW!

MP campaigns compensate at least for the traditionally hardcore abusable AI, but theres noone to play TGW with me, and it would probably be pretty boring anyway, since it would turn into artillery standoffs, like, well, world war one did, since it kinda was the smartest thing to do at the time.

so Im asking for advice. is there an existing submod or something that just, I dont know, gives the AI more and better troops? improves battle or campaign AI (of course not, I know..)? or is there an easy way to mod it myself? like, in vanilla one could modify the handicap pack and stuff..?

any idea would be very welcome!

thanks a bunch, have a good time,

constantinople