Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [WEF 3.0] OOC

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: [WEF 3.0] OOC

Bing
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; March 15, 2014 at 08:57 PM.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Barry, my character will be in the Senate unless I get a cabinet appointment. I'll make an aux so we can have more political characters, but is there a certain party that is a tad underrepresented at the moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Current Political Breakdown, of Politically Oriented Characters.
    High Federalist - 2
    Low Federalist - 5
    Democrat-Republican - 1
    Arch-Democrat - 1

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Alright folks, taking Perry's concerns into account + the military players joining up + since Kip told me he could issue his individualized letters to the state governors up tomorrow, would y'all be cool with moving the moratorium ahead one day to tomorrow instead of keeping it Monday?

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

Barry that green burns my eyes
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Vermonters don't play by the rules

Dan and Gunny, register already ya chumps! Glad to see Fred's here. Cels said that Haig retired from service, still awaiting an answer from Mutton, but that accounts for all of our commanders. I think as soon as Dan and Gunny arrive we'll have enough people to oversee the Legion and the militias. Dan will be SecWar too.
    Last edited by Kip; March 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM.

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Sorry for my absence, I've been quite ill (sinus problems - feel like somebody whacked me across the face with a two-by-four). I'll try and get a char going soon.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

High Federalist in charge of the constitution for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

"I feel as if I am fit for the task. I understand people have exaggerated my blunders, forgetting that every commander has made a mistake. I want to address these personally. At Collomsville I was racing to meet up with General McIntyre and the Middle-Department army. I was trying to constantly combine forces with the Middle Department to combat Howe but initially Haig and McIntyre would have none of it. I decided to take matters in my own hands and try to meet up with McIntyre and try to help him hold Philadelphia or wherever he chose to do battle. There was no time for timidity and actions had to be made quickly. He engaged me at Collomsville where I intended to hold out until I was made aware that McIntyre had absolutely no intention to help me. Outnumbered three to one and outgunned, what could one do? At this point, with no help coming from the men who chose to give up this city instead, I could not hold. I had to destroy the Brits' only avenue to pursue me. I was counting on Howe's impatience to reach Philadelphia to drive an attack towards me where the barricades would be on my side, but instead he was content to shell me. I was not going to waste men under that bombardment and so I had my men retreat. I was also afraid of having redcoats on the other side of the river and suspected that if the British did try to chase, my men conducting a fighting retreat would not be able to destroy the bridges in time for Howe's army to be blocked. Howe continued on to Philadelphia and I would cut off his supplies at New York. There would be no way to fight through Howe's army otherwise to try and link back up with retreating Middle-Department forces. They were content to fall back, and a united force was not in the cards."
    ​deepest sigh of all
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Just so everyone knows, I don't hate anyone personally ic, just playing Devil's advocate

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    ​deepest sigh of all
    Character bias, buddy.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Yep, I guess.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

@Perry, EB & Fred So, would you guys prefer to do Legionville in the traditional way (send in orders for every turn, for as many phases as needed) or semi-auto (send in one mega-set of orders for one phase to wrap everything up quickly)?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Personally I feel like I'd have more control if this was done over multiple phases.

I'm good with a single phase, it'll be easier on everyone anyway. Plus everything will need to be stalled if this takes upwards of a couple days as battles tend to do.

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

As Vice-President, I think I'm beginning to sympathise with Adams' famous quote - 'My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.'

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Quote Originally Posted by Watercress View Post
    As Vice-President, I think I'm beginning to sympathise with Adams' famous quote - 'My country has in its wisdom contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.'
    Well you technically can show up to the Senate & participate in their debates whenever you want as its President You guys should at least discuss Dan's takeover of the Battle of Legionville which, while making perfect sense OOC since Fred dropped his command, should require an explanation (due to going over Congress's head) IC.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Barry, I might be wrong, but I don't think the President can veto a senate diplomatic decision, only laws.

IIRC the President kinda can, the Senate ratified the Jay Treaty before Washington affixed his signature onto it I think. Then again Wilson couldn't get the Senate to bring the US into the League of Nations, so yeah. In this case, I think that (like with Poole's entry into Congress to directly address them) Kip can set a precedent for WEF-America with his actions - will he auto-approve the Senate decision so that from now on Presidents defo don't have the right to mess with Senatorial resolutions on foreign affairs? Approve it but publicly reserve the presidential right to countermand unsatisfactory Senate foreign policy decisions? Etc.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercress View Post
    Indeed, let's change that up! I welcome your commentary on any issue - I wrote up the bio to note that Poole values Lamberth's input (not that he'll necessarily listen all the time ) Let's make VP a primordial "Chief of the Cabinet".