Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [WEF 3.0] OOC

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default [WEF 3.0] OOC

WEF-related posts only, please. Remember, this is not a chat thread!

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Default [WEF 3.0] OOC

Delegate Richardson addresses the floor concerning the issue of american land claims with a piece of proposed legislation.

The North American Land Proposal

The United States is effectively guaranteed control of any land it is able to gain possession of in North America, besides the islands of St. Pierre and Monique which France retained possession of after the Seven Years War, as well as of any part of the continent of North America that is not acknowledged to belong to the Crown of France. Both parties pledge to honor the lands claims of these nations forever into the future with the United States guaranteeing full support of France's current land claims, and any lands they may acquire during the war, against all other nations, and France in turn pledge support for the United States land claims and guaranteeing to help preserve the country's liberty, Sovereignty, and Independence absolutely.
    Last edited by chesser2538; March 05, 2014 at 02:43 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Default Re: [WEF 3.0] The Continental Congress

ooc: i'm pretty sure we have no idea what lies west as no explorer (ie Lewis and Clark) has been out that way.

ooc :
    1- Besides what Celsius has said above, there are several inaccuracies with that map, such as having Havana independent from Spain. If you intended that, then I can say Spain would never accept such an offer.
    2- Why is Virginia independent? It's Vermont that is the Republic..
    3- Also, nobody knows what Spain is doing in terms of the war- They may not choose to support us.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

OOC
    The land has been explored, just not by Americans. So we do know what's out there just not exactly whats out there, though most of Canada and the Oregon Territory remain unexplored entirely.
    1. At this point the Louisiana territory actually belongs to Spain, France ceded it after the disastrous 7 years war.
    2. Most of Canada remains mostly unclaimed at this point.
    3. If Spain did aid us, which in real life they only ever did indirectly, a return of Florida would mostly likely be needed compensation.
    4. Jamaica and the Bahamas, which you put under the "Republic of Havana" a nonexistent entity, belong to Britain in actuality and they aren't like to part with either.
    5. West Virginia is part of the state of Virginia at this point, just as all the other southern states have western claims that they would eventually give up, besides Georgia whom demanded compensation for the Alabama-Mississippi territory.
    Sorry for the history lesson, but it was needed.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; March 05, 2014 at 08:52 AM.

Default [WEF 3.0] OOC

Dedicated thread for OOC chatter. This will prevent you from having to switch between the parent forum and the RP forum for conversations concerning the game.

The above posts were fine really, since they didn't constitute meta-gaming, but the IC post was only going to generate OOC comments and subsequently be ignored, so it felt an appropriate time to do this little bit of managing

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default Re: [WEF 3.0] OOC

Yep, the trans-Appalachian territories (particularly the Ohio/Michigan areas) should be a mishmash of claims between the 13 Colonies until the 1787 Northwest Ordinance. Also, Virginia should in no way be independent at this time, NY will be mad if you integrate Vermont this early, and the Havana Republic (besides being sure to get the Spanish to laugh at the Continental Congress) includes Jamaica & the Bahamas. That said, the American interior actually had been largely known by this time, just not more remote & far-off areas like Oregon.

Also, I'll leave Amaz's RP with the maroons in the ED thread to Kip, unless Jacb or Mutton want to take over with the maroons assigned to them I guess?
    Last edited by Barry Goldwater; March 05, 2014 at 09:33 AM.

I'm responding there as we speak!

Citizen

sorry if I got the map a little confused, I got virginia and vermont confused, and i thought it was havanna that had the revolt by the marooons. If someone could post the captures and territory holdings i can edit the map i made. I was trying to open up the teritories for an american claim. I didnt realize the difference in claims of france and spain.

...How about we leave stuff like claims and everything until after the war is won? As historically, anything regarding territory will likely be dealt with in a conference resulting in a war-ending treaty, not a motion of Congress. That and who knows what territories and the like may be subject to determination of control based on player actions.

Citizen

sounds good to me. That will probally work out later.

By the by, Congressional players, I just realized the Continental Congress instated one-year term limits on the presidency starting in 1781, but that before this limit was enforced the longest-serving POTCC was John Hancock - two years. In light of this, and since things seem to have calmed down a bit since Trenton/Collomsville + the race away from Philly, do you guys want to just keep plugging along or hold a new election for the presidency? Lamberth could get his day in the sun, same with Weaver or Wallace or any of the other Congress PCs, or alternatively Stanford could get a new term (Hancock did IRL, though they weren't consecutive). Either way, such an election would be a great way to start the Federalist-DR rivalry in preparation for a future WEF 1789/92/96. This would also be as good a time as any to lay down a formal term limit in the first place, so I don't forget about elections ever again

Citizen

here are a few options we could debate on.

Option 1
    Have a system where elected officials serve a single term of three years, with reelection to the same office forbidden for ten years. Limited tenure of office would ensure that authority circulates frequently, and would help to prevent corruption by bringing the most experienced politicians to the upper echelons of power

Option 2
    Have a system of unlimited re-election to office with elections being held every three years for delegates and every 6 years for the president.

Option 3
    Keep the system as it is

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

I propose we elect an El Presidente for life.
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Citizen

I'm not sure if that's a good idea for the country. After a while the other delegates would either get annoyed or ambitious, and neither would have good results(could you image George W Bush in office for life). Unlimited terms though could work.

Last edited by chesser2538; March 05, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

I wasn't serious you know.
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Citizen

Neither was I, just trying to lighten things up.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    By the by, Congressional players, I just realized the Continental Congress instated one-year term limits on the presidency starting in 1781, but that before this limit was enforced the longest-serving POTCC was John Hancock - two years. In light of this, and since things seem to have calmed down a bit since Trenton/Collomsville + the race away from Philly, do you guys want to just keep plugging along or hold a new election for the presidency? Lamberth could get his day in the sun, same with Weaver or Wallace or any of the other Congress PCs, or alternatively Stanford could get a new term (Hancock did IRL, though they weren't consecutive). Either way, such an election would be a great way to start the Federalist-DR rivalry in preparation for a future WEF 1789/92/96. This would also be as good a time as any to lay down a formal term limit in the first place, so I don't forget about elections ever again
    Sounds like fun, plus it'll give Congress some more exciting stuff to talk about(not that the state of affairs in Vermont isn't exciting ).

Have the French dispatched any warships with their new expeditionary force?

Not yet, the French doomfleet will arrive probably next year if the rolls are favorable.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast