Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Main thread (Windows 10 users should run the mod in windowed mode in order to work!)

Libertus

Default Re: EB Online | Multiplayer to another level

well is there any Fixes for that Lags Happen at ever Single Battle?

Outcast's Avatar Civis

I guess I'm late to the party

Well anyhow, my EB is heavily modded so as much as I would love to join you guys I really can't. Also, My poor Notebook can barely handle rome on high graphics

you made that sound like a fatality. You cant do a clean reinstal of EB and if you love you submods you can add them in a copy of EB. Quite a few of us have modest Notebooks but there is no special problems when going online.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Well rather late reply. First I think I would reply your PM but finally decided to reply directly here.

I highly appreciate your concern buddy. However currently I'm a bit busy for playing online games, not to say I'm not really good in online playing and actually played very few battles and long ago. Anyway your PM made me downloaded the mod (again) and install it . And don't worry I will think about having some fun online battles after playing the mod a bit.

There're some questions tho

1. The unit lists in the Multi player shortcut is completely differ than in Single Player shortcut. Are you using 2 separate folders and 2 unit_descr files!? I would like to edit it a bit for personally fun .
    2. About the naked units, what mode the online battle community are using, true naked or clothed?

Cheer

1) in the single player mode the rosters are messed up so you cant say they are factional. This would not make sense when going online. Furhtermore we have special multiplayer EDU that tries to make the rosters even more realistic. You can edit the EDU but make a backup of the one we are using since youll be incompatible if you are using a differen tone when goin online.
    2) Im using the naked ones but I dont think if you chose censored verision youll be incompatible (but I would go for nudity)

BTW playing campaign will not make you ready for MP anyway. The only way to be good is to start fighting.
    Last edited by Kranos; May 27, 2014 at 07:00 AM.

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

is everything ok to play now? enough players? and when? (in GMT)
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ential-Inquiry

The game has been ready to play in multiplayer since the original multiplayer EDU in vanilla EB. We're looking for anyone who is willing to participate in our summer tournaments. This will be our sixth (6th) year since the 2009 inaugural. We're still considering but it may be a single-elim bracket, randomly seeded. Prizes are yet to be determined. In the past there have been sigs. I'll see what I can conjure up. We're on the Org since that is EB's primary home, pardon the inconvenience if you don't have an account there.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

This sounds quite interesting. I'll find some time to create another instance of EB (mine is heavily modded) and join on hamachi when I can. Great initiative, great mod of RTW to use.

I too will create a clean install soon. Unfortunately I was not smart and did not make a clean copy so I will have to re-install the rtw I think.

i have for the first time managed to get to 122bc without fatal ctd. I have never gotten the Augustus reforms and I am close. So once this campaign is done I will get hamachi going and see how I do against some other eb veterans.

I think having never played another human (and being used to playing horrible ai) I will proly get schooled at first. I look forward to the challenge.

It is good to see that after all these years this game is still getting attention and newcommers as well as the return of many old timers. This has got to be the best computer game ever imo. I am still learning things about history after 7 years of play. I have never played a game for 7 years. Incredible.

Cool stuff!

Thanks for letting me know about this!

Hey is anybody up for some EB online I have been playing EB for a while but am totally new to online battles vs humans. It looks like a blast! I have watched some of the videos you guys have. Anyway I am available most weekday evenings around 9pm eastern time if anyone is interested Thanks!!! also I am new to hamachi / evolve so I may need help getting the bugs worked out until I get the hang of it but I want to play Thanks all

Default Re: EB Online | Multiplayer to another level (Hamachi network currently full!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SpwQ1gXiiQ

My guide to using Evolve for EBO since Hamachi is full (for now).
    Former Projects:

Default Re: EB Online | Multiplayer to another level (Hamachi network currently full!)

THE HAMACHI NETWORK IS CURRENTLY FULL

For those who still wont to play using hamachi will have to create a free 5 slots network or to join such a network previously created.You do that by going to Network>Create a new network. Set its ID and pasword and thats it. Provide this ID and password to the person you want to play with so he can join. For those who want to play or meet me at hamachi ILL create several "mini-networks" by demand.

ID: EB Online-Orphydian, EB Online-Orphydian2, EB Online-Orphydian3 etc.

Password: eb

I would suggest all of the players use this standard

A POTENTIAL EVOLUTION FOR EB ONLINE

As Vartan suggested above Evolve should be a more usefull software to play our batles even only for the no limit on their VPN capability with but before that we need to do some testings. So I urge to all of those who had their Hamachi working to instal it and try some batles using it.

Follow Vartans tutorial

Last edited by Kranos; July 04, 2014 at 04:26 AM.

Default Re: EB Online | Multiplayer to another level (Hamachi network currently full! A potential evolution for EB Online !)

Hey all, thanks for all the help and videos getting set up. I think I have hamachi and evolve set up correctly now. What is a good time to catch people online to get a game? I have been checking them tonight but nobody is really on. If anyone is interested I will normally check on hamachi and evolve around 9pm weekday evenings ok ty oh yeah I am on orphydians hamachi network cause its the only one I know that isnt full

Default Re: EB Online | Multiplayer to another level (Hamachi network currently full! A potential evolution for EB Online !)

anyone does RTR VII MP at all? I havent got EB installed atm

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    anyone does RTR VII MP at all? I havent got EB installed atm
    Hi Sarkiss. I would refer you to either the RTR VII subforum or the TWC multiplayer section: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...er-Battlefield

Is there something similar to EB Online for the RTR community? Do enough people play RTR? If it's big enough, at least a dozen or so players, I think it'd be warranted to make something like EBO for the RTR players. Let me know.
    Former Projects:

Updated the OP with instructions for steam users!

Default Re: EB Online | Multiplayer to another level (Do not redeem you Rome steam copy yet !!!)

Do not redeem you steam copy yet!

Do it!
    Last edited by Kranos; August 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

now we are more active on steam for both meeting and playing so there it would be a good ideea to join our group and get in touch with our members there whethever you have retail Rome, steam Rome or you redeemed your steam copy.

We also advise you to redeem your steam copies ASAP since the retail owners of Rome will not be compatible anymore with steam ones. Moreover those who couldnt make hamachi work to play on LAN (which is still functionable with the retail copies) dont have other chnace in playing on the old Gamespy servers.

Does everybody has that weird bug or whatever is called when loggin into online lobby? You have to click the Green button and then the red button to log in? And if you press the Green button twice it will froze the game? Another friend has it too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast