Thread: Faction/character specific One Ring bonuses

Default Faction/character specific One Ring bonuses

Here is the one thing that i utterly dislike about the mod: the horrible things that happen if you gain the one ring, and the pitiful bonuses it grants.

If, say, Saruman gets the one ring, what do you think would happen? being a Maiar, he would be able to exploit the powers of the one ring far better than, say, a skilled human practicioner, however mighty his will might be or otherwise. (Another source of argument would be to ask just what the hell kind of powers does the One Ring bestow upon a wearer, something that the books mildly allude to, yet never specifically mention). Eventually, he might even be able to attempt to overthrow Sauron. But the porblem in the game is that if Saruman gets the one ring, all he gets are some mild bonuses and the hatred of all the enemy factions. Its not even worth getting, is what im trying to say.

If Celeborn gets the one ring (and since galadriel is his ancillary) it can be assumed that Galadriel would get it, and go into her war aspect form. Again, if the elves of lorien get the ring, what happens? nothing, except some mild bonuses and delivery of the ring to Imladris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Default Re: Faction/character specific One Ring bonuses

Yeah this is probably the #1 area where TATW could be improved imo.

Saruman especially - his objective wasn't to destroy Rohan, it was to get the Ring for himself. Even when player controlled it feels like you've accepted being a pawn of Sauron.

You say the Ring Bearer gets minor bonuses but in my experience what usually happens is that character with the Ring gets a bunch of dread and bad traits such as Unjust, Corrupt, Harsh Ruler, etc. The one time I destroyed the Ring my Ring Bearer became Fully Dreaded and lost all loyalty.

Well, invisibility is not possible in this game engine, let alone the other possible effects that more powerful characters could get.

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

what are the actual bonuses?
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.