Thread: The Mod can affect the performance?

Icon9 The Mod can affect the performance?

Hello,I've got medieval 2 total war last mounth and I installed Third age 3.0 after 3.1 and 3.2 and now I play it:IT'S VERY FUNNY!!!
    But the performance is really low:In vanilla I have medium/high sometimes setings and huge scale units and the games works just fine,but in Third Age I have small scale and LOWEST settings possible and it is very laggy..
    Any advices? Thanks in advance!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: The Mod can affect the performance?

I know that scripts can affect the perfomance. Probably TATW units have higher quality than Med2. Also i guess G5 BAI script can affect perfomance on battlemap.

Thanku,but how can I remove it?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

You want to remove the mod? Well there is always an option to simply not playing it and going back to vanilla M2TW.
    If you mean how to delete those scripts, well, don't. Removing that will most likely up the mod.

I don't want th remove the mod,I love this mod mod but I canno't enjoy it because it is too laggy..I have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU and the video card ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series.When I tried to see if the the vanilla Med2 support and it support it ,But I dont know about Third Age..what do u think?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

TATW is more beautiful than M2 and thus more requiring, I presume battles is the issue here, not End Turn wait time? TATW don't have many scripts.
    If I was you I would lower the graphic settings to the lowest, and then with big unit size test step by step how much you can raise the graphic settings till you find a working setting

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Play with smaller unit sizes (TATW can allow very massive units). Also I seem to recall Rhun units have particularly high detail so if you are playing Rhun that could be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by krewg View Post
    I don't want th remove the mod,I love this mod mod but I canno't enjoy it because it is too laggy..I have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU and the video card ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series.When I tried to see if the the vanilla Med2 support and it support it ,But I dont know about Third Age..what do u think?
    The Radeon HD 3400 series
    cards are strictly low-cost
    replacements for integrated
    graphics cards, they are good for web
    browsing, word processing,
    viewing photos and video clips,
    but worthless for gaming, at least dedicated gaming .

If you have a Desktop PC and can afford a new better graphics card, that would be your best move if you want serious, and enjoyable gameplaying.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Ehh... Yeah, the Radeon HD 3400 is pretty useless for any type of game in general. Although because M2TW is a very old game, even my Radeon HD 7870 joker card is having trouble (also because the game engine only uses 25% at max of my CPU).

So all i can suggest for playing TATW without any lag, is upgrading your computer to at least a half-decent one, may cost about 300-400 Euros, so not that much if you only want to play stuff like TATW on it.

I have ASUS NVidia GTS 450 1 GB for almost 3 years now, it was around 160 Euro at that time. It works great for most of games, and it chews TATW + PCP for breakfast.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.