Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - Poll on Page 39

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - FACTIONS PREVIEW

Out of curiosity - will the Sisters be of the Seven, or are they still with the Old Gods?

And also, will there be a town on the Sisters, as it is described in the books (Sisterton), or will they only have castles, as not to OP them?

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Kasp View Post
    Out of curiosity - will the Sisters be of the Seven, or are they still with the Old Gods?

And also, will there be a town on the Sisters, as it is described in the books (Sisterton), or will they only have castles, as not to OP them?
    They will have a town (just a regular one, not a large one), and will also control Wolf's Den and Oldcastle, making them a powerful force. However, they have a weaker roster so the Northerners shouldn't have too much trouble holding them off.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

It is possible to enlarge islands and make room for more settlements actually it is pretty easy, if you need help with this just give me a shout and I can edit the .tgas
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

It could be done in five minutes in mspaint (Y)

I may boycott this without house Darry being included

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post

Don't worry, they'll play a big role. Actually one of the reasons they aren't a full faction was that I didn't want this to be too simmilar to F&B . That being said, I'm considering adding a script where they switch sides and join the First Men if the opportunity presents itself.

As for expanding the Arbor, I might wind up doing that, but for now I'm switching my focus towards making the rosters and, more importantly, finals . Still, you can expect an In-Progress Map Preview soon!

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - VIDEO MAP AND FACTIONS PREVIEW

The mod looks great, and as I told Admiral I will be promoting it on the FP, but here are a few suggestions:
    1) Possibly add the Tullies and the Darrys as well
    2) Make Wolf's Den a Large Town again, as it was always a large port city and should remain that way
    3) I'd give the Stormkings some lands off the Estermonts
    4) I'd return Flint's Finger under northern rule, I get the lore you made up and such but I just think it would be best if the north was ruled by northerners
    5) Give Banefort back to the Reynes as the Hoare's don't had ever any historical hold onto it. Give them Orkmont of course, since it's their obiouslly their starting castle
    6) Turn that castle that the Masseys held where is supposed to be Dragonstone rebel, into a Fortress and with a large Targaryen army of course (pretty much like the same as in KORAH)

Also, a new way to look at this mod is maybe just give each faction it's respective capital and turn anything else rebel, unless speciffically said in the books that those castles were under their rule (vessals) for example, the Oldtowns and their large amount of castle is OK since it said in the books that those castles are their vessals

These are all of course suggestions, and you can take them or not, your decision . But I can just say the mod looks great and I'm looking forward to it's release

Oh, and last and probably most importantly, WHERE EXACTLY ARE THE ANDAL INVADERS lol. What I'd probably do is make all starting factions First Men and no Andal influence at all, and then have the Andals invade, something sort of like the mongols.
    Last edited by Uriyaca; March 12, 2014 at 09:06 AM.

Why would Tully be important? They were minor lords in this period of Westeros history. In the mod, the Darrys have been assimilated by the Mootons of Maidenpool. I could see the reason with number 5 but as I understand it, the implementation of having the Mudds control Flint's Finger is to give the mod a feeling of having an actual history that is related to the current situation.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    Why would Tully be important? They were minor lords in this period of Westeros history. In the mod, the Darrys have been assimilated by the Mootons of Maidenpool. I could see the reason with number 5 but as I understand it, the implementation of having the Mudds control Flint's Finger is to give the mod a feeling of having an actual history that is related to the current situation.
    You probably meant 4
    Anyway, the queued post is done but I can't post it yet as the last FP Announcement was only posted 3 hours ago, and we need to wait at least 8 hours between ever post. So I will post it either later tonight or tommorow

Quote Originally Posted by Uriyaca View Post
    The mod looks great, and as I told Admiral I will be promoting it on the FP, but here are a few suggestions:
    1) Possibly add the Tullies and the Darrys as well
    2) Make Wolf's Den a Large Town again, as it was always a large port city and should remain that way
    3) I'd give the Stormkings some lands off the Estermonts
    4) I'd return Flint's Finger under northern rule, I get the lore you made up and such but I just think it would be best if the north was ruled by northerners
    5) Give Banefort back to the Reynes as the Hoare's don't had ever any historical hold onto it. Give them Orkmont of course, since it's their obiouslly their starting castle
    6) Turn that castle that the Masseys held where is supposed to be Dragonstone rebel, into a Fortress and with a large Targaryen army of course (pretty much like the same as in KORAH)

Also, a new way to look at this mod is maybe just give each faction it's respective capital and turn anything else rebel, unless speciffically said in the books that those castles were under their rule (vessals) for example, the Oldtowns and their large amount of castle is OK since it said in the books that those castles are their vessals

These are all of course suggestions, and you can take them or not, your decision . But I can just say the mod looks great and I'm looking forward to it's release

Oh, and last and probably most importantly, WHERE EXACTLY ARE THE ANDAL INVADERS lol. What I'd probably do is make all starting factions First Men and no Andal influence at all, and then have the Andals invade, something sort of like the mongols.
    Not sure about how important the Tullies were, but I think it's established in the books that their rise was after the Aegon's conquest

Wolf's Den is a castle - White Harbour was built around it after Manderlys took over.

Perhaps Flint's Finger should still be Northerner's - but what are Mudds? I think the idea of being a Northerner became evident after the extinction of First Men Houses in the South, or their convention to the Seven.

House Hoare were possible the Andal invaders, who took after Greyirons. It would make sense if they had help from other Andal Houses. It wasn't until later on that they accepted the Ironborn culture. But of course, in a sense you're right - there is no evidence in the book.

There were no Targaryens yet, nor Valyrians. Not for a long time.

No, I meant reason number five. I don't remember reading that the Hoares held Banefort. I don't, however, see the reason for number four. There would be no proper reason for the Barrow Kings or whichever Northern based faction to rule Flint's Finger other than "I want it." Also, this is the Age of Petty Kings, not the Andal Invasion. The Andals have been around for quite some time in this mod, but there are still many First Men kingdoms as well. The doom is over a century away so the Targaryens have not yet arrived at Dragonstone.

The Targaryens built Dragonstone a century or so before the Doom of Valyria. It was the westernmost outpost of the Valyrian Freehold.

Notice I said "The doom is over a century away."

I just watched the video, and it looks pretty cool
    One thing I noticed though - it's "Estermont", not "Eastermont"

Nice video good work. In my opinion Umbers, Dustins and Sisterman should get one or two settelments

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Nice preview I love Toho's map! However I think we need to smooth the coastlines and redraw the border for all factions to make them look rounder, especially around rivers things seem to mess up.. anyways I can fix that over a day if you send me the work in progress mod!

And as you said, this campaign will be a bloodbath
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Post updates in thread as well as on op plz

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Post updates in thread as well as on op plz
    I can if you want, but I always hated having to search through the thread for previews, especially when the threads get long . Still, I can start doing that if you guys want .

As for Valyria, this is hundreds (if not thousands) of years before the Freehold was even established. I also made an effort to give each House at least three settlements (with a few exceptions) as otherwise they would be too under-powered.

Lore-wise, House Hoare were Andals who conquered the Iron Islands, but later converted to the Drowned God. I have them Banefort because it is the natural starting-point for their invasion of the Iron Islands. I may include a script that gives it back to Reyne if the invasion is successful.

House Tully and Darry will be in it, and will play prominent roles, but they will not get their own factions as I am reserving the last slot for possibly including either the Faith Militant or some other group in a later release.

I had originally planned to give Flint's Finger to the Dustins, but I decided to give it to Mudd for a few reasons. Firstly, Mudd needed more killing power for their invasion of the Riverlands, and secondly I wanted Dustin focused entirely on the Starks, and outmatched just enough to need the Bolton's help in taking on the Starks. Besides, Hoare/Greyiron will probably take it eventually.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! The next seven days are going to be Finals Hell for me, but after that I'm free to resume work apace!

cisfe's Avatar Foederatus

As for Valyria, this is hundreds (if not thousands) of years before the Freehold was even established. I also made an effort to give each House at least three settlements (with a few exceptions) as otherwise they would be too under-powered.
    I think you would have to go an extra 1000 or so yrs for them not to be established and not have andals as major factors.

Spoiler from a dance with dragons

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "When did all this happen?" "Five hundred years before the Andals. A thousand, if the True History is to be believed. Only no one knows when the Andals crossed the narrow sea. The True History says four thousand years have passed since then, but some maesters claim that it was only two."

Thats a time frame for the Andals landing then there is a valyrian freehold reference time frame in a storm of swords, which would be before this reference. To go to the the extreme measures of salting the ground like Rome did Carthage there had to be a few wars and long ones at that.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The harpy of Ghis, Dany thought. Old Ghis had fallen five thousand years ago, if she remembered true; its legions shattered by the might of young Valyria, its brick walls pulled down, its streets and buildings turned to ash and cinder by dragonflame, its very fields sown with salt, sulfur, and skulls.

Danny is a pretty smart girl so her being 1,2 thousand years off would be quite a stretch in her POV. I cant imagine a "freehold" lasting some 5000 years in terms of real history but thats what the valyrians appeared to do ofc they also had dragons and magic .

For this mod lore they can just be off fighting the remnants of ghis in lands the first men know nothing about ..Because they certainly wouldn't have made it as far west as dragonstone bc i believe they defeated Rhoyne and the queen 1000 yrs or so before aegon's landing. I don't have a source on that.

On a side note i remember reading and completely agreeing with Tyrion when he wonder why they didn't go farther west then Dragonstone.

Anyways looking forward to this mod, and good luck with your finals.

Lol, thanks! One thing I like is that all of the historical time periods are very vauge (in the Middle Ages things were the same way), and nobody knows exactly when all of these things happened. As such, I'm leaving the time period vauge beyond simply saying that it is during the Andal conquest, and Valyria is not a player . Beyond that I'm hesitant to specify in more depth.