Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - Poll on Page 39

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - Poll on Page 39

Long before the rise of Valyria, Westeros was divided into countless Petty Kingdoms. In the south, the Reach is consumed by fire as countless Andal Kingdoms are drawn into an ever growing civil war. In Dorne, the deserts run red with blood and in the north four kingdoms struggle for supremacy, even as they face invaders from all sides. As chaos descends upon the lands of Westeros it remains to be seen which Kingdoms shall forge dynasties to last a thousand years, and which will fade into history.

DOWNLOAD: REDACTED

Hotfix 1.0.1 + 1.0.2
    : REDACTED

POLLS: Please come and vote on your favorite factions, as well as future content we can include:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...vorite-Faction
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-Future-Plans

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: This is a very convenient method for installing all M2TW mods, not just mine.
    1) Make a copy the "Launcher.exe" from your M2TW folder and rename it "kingdoms" (if you already have a "kingdoms" you should be fine).
    2) Put the Petty_Kings folder into your mods directory and DO NOT CHANGE THE FOLDER'S NAME.
    Assuming you have the "kingdoms.exe" and the correctly named "Petty_Kings" then you can simply double-click on AOPK.bat in the Petty_Kings folder and it will launch the mod.

(Alternatively if this doesn't work you can use a custom launcher or just rename the folder "americas" and launch that campaign)

HOTSEATING: If you have not already tried your luck at hotseating in Westeros, you're doing something wrong. You can join Hotseat games (and find out what hotseat games are and why they are AWESOME) here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...l-War-Hotseats

KNOWN BUGS: There are some remaining issues that persist, some having to do with M2TW memory problems, some not. They are:
    a) Selecting the "All" era in a custom battle causes CTD - This has to do with M2TW memory structure and it conflicting with our recruitment system. You can access all of a factions units on "Early", and the units plus mercenaries on "High" so you should be fine.
    b) Issues with conquering House Tarbeck - This is a recent issue that has come to our attention and we're looking into it, in the meantime we are pressing forward with the release, so keep an eye out for 1.1 as it will likely have some fixes.

If you encounter any major and replicable bugs please

PERMISSIONS: Anyone who wants to use my work please PM me and odds are I will grant permission. I can say, however, that any use of this work MUST require a previous Age of Petty Kings installation. This means that submods cannot use a separate download of the full mod. I will probably loosen this up eventually, but for now I don't want people downloading my work from somewhere else .

OTHER: I believe I have all the credits and permissions in this mod properly checked out, but on the off chance I made a mistake please PM me and I can correct it immediatly. A lot of people put their hard work into this and we all deserve credit.

Credits:
    AdmiralThrawn: Mapping/Faction Creation/Units/UI/Unit Cards
    HolyBob/IBSXYPNTS/Alertoverlord/Stannis the Mannis: Writing
    Toho/Stannis the Mannis: Origional Map Base
    Axis Sunsoar: Portraits/UI Work
    seradam/complete noob/irishviking5/o Realife o: strat work
    TheDisturbedGuy: Descriptions and Family Trees
    Hermod: Unit Info Cards/Unit Descriptions
    Korpskog: Assisting in Faction Creation
    Sexy Noob: KORAH UI
    The KORAH Team: Traits and Ancillaries
    Crociato78 : Models/Skins
    Arkay : Custom Settlements

Rusichi Total War Team - Some Models/skinns
    Niko - Banner Model
    Inarus: Music Mod (ORIGIONAL VERSION HERE) - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ame-of-Thrones

VIDEO PREVIEWS
    Gates of Dorne Battle:

Beta Preview:

Sellswords Preview:

Ironborn Rosters Preview:

Dornish Rosters Preview:

First Men Rosters Preview:

Andal Rosters Preview:

Provincial Levy System Preview:

Map/Factions Preview:

Here are the factions which will be included:

FACTIONS:

The North:
    The Starks - Ruling the NW and center of the North (Winterfell, Cerwin, Deepwood Motte)
    The Boltons - Ruling the eastern part of the north
    The Umbers - Ruling Last Heath, and the surrounding area
    The Dustins - Ruing the Barrowlands and Rills

The Riverlands:
    The Mudds - Ruling from Riverstone and the surrounding area
    The Blackwoods - Caught between Mudd and Bracken, ruling Riverrun and Raventree.
    The Brackens - Ruling the central Riverlands.
    The Mootons- Andal invaders ruling the inner Bay of Crabs.

The Crownlands:
    The Darklyns - Andal Invaders ruling most of the Breaklands from Duskendale.
    The Crabbs - Converted to the Andal Faith, but retain First Men culture, ruling Crackclaw Point.
    The Masseys - Rule Massey's Hook and Blackwater Bay.

The Vale:
    The Arryns - They rule the Eryie and a bit of the coast, but they have yet to hold sway over the whole Vale
    The Royces - Rule both the Northern and the Southern parts of the Vale.
    The Three Sisters - Rule the Three Sisters and Wolf's Den, getting ready to invade the North.

The Iron Islands:
    The Greyirons - They rule all of the Islands, but some of their forces have defected to House Hoare.
    The Hoares - Based on Pyke, they are an Andal house allied to the Greyjoys, and are invading the Iron Islands.

The Westerlands:
    The Lannisters - Ruling Lannisport/Casterly Rock, and Golden Tooth. They are the richest House, but are sandwitched between two big scary foes.
    The Reynes - They hold the northern coast and have an alliance with the Tarbecks to Crush the Lannisters.
    The Tarbecks - They rule the southern part of the Westerlands, including Silver Hill and Crackhall. They have a pact with the Reynes to crush the Lannisters.

The Reach:
    The Gardeners - They rule the banks of the Mander and by far the most powerful Kingdom in Westeros. They are also surrounded by enemies.
    The Hightowers - They rule the southern Reach, focused around Oldtown
    The Redwynes - Ruling the Arbor with a huge fleet.
    The Manderlys - They rule the Upper Mander around Tumbleton and are in rebellion against the Gardeners.

The Stormlands:
    The Durrandons - They rule most of the northern Stormlands.
    The Volmonts- Also known as the Vulture Kings, they would rule the Dornish Marches. Decent power, but very weak position, as they are caught between Gardner, Durrendon, Eastermont, and Yornwood.
    The Estermonts - They would rule most of Cape Wrath, Eastermont, and Tarth. One of the best navies in Westeros, but weak on land.

Dorne:
    The Martells - They rule the eastern coast, with one of the larger cities.
    The Ullers - They rule the Desert from Hellholt
    The Yornwoods - They rule the Mountain passes.
    Last edited by Inarus; November 12, 2014 at 07:37 AM.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Submod Idea: Age of Petty Kings

Looks nice! I'd definitely be interested in this.

Rival house for the Lannisters? Has to be the Reynes! Or Tarbecks. Or both!

Rival to the Stormlords... may be Swann? You could make Estermont independent, give them their island + Tarth. You could also have one of the Marcher Lords independent (Caron or Morrigen probably, Dondarrion didn't exist then), or spread House Yronwood's kingdom further north.

Good luck!!

PS, one "n" in that type of canon

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

you are on a roll mate with all of your mods first Angmar, then your unit one and now this one keep come
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Amazing idea.

The rivals for Lannisters could be the Casterlys maybe? I know it's pushing it, because they were based during the Age of Heroes, but still. Other than that, probably Reynes.

I wouldn't do Umbers - I'd just split their lands between Boltons and Starks, but I think there should be Northern Mountain clans, and Skagos as a faction (House Magnar)

House Crabb were in control of Cracklaw Point during that era as well. I assume they were Andal invaders since there is a legend of "Ser Clarence Crabb". They could be one of the rivals for Stormlands as well.

Dornish Marches should be a faction - with either Selmy, Caron or Swann in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    PS, one "n" in that type of canon
    Why, I have no idea what you mean . I like the idea of the Umbers ruling the northern part of the North (They were petty kings who joined the Starks after the two of them repulsed a wildling invasion). The real point of this is to make things harder on the Starks as it took them ages to get control of the North, and the Boltons were only one small part of that. I'm a bit conflicted on giving them Deepwood Motte, seeing as that is pretty far from Last Hearth, but otherwise I feel the Starks are a bit too OP. Maybe make the Glovers independent and give them Bear Island?

I like the Casterly idea, but they were probably all dead by then, sadly. As for the Reynes, I had planned to give the Hoares the entire northern coast (including Castemere). Still, I can probably make it work by saying that they didn't start in Castemere and were only given the fortress later when the northern coast was taken. Maybe even include some lore around it, like the defeated Reynes were allowed to take their army north after their defeat and conquer those lands under the condition that they swear fealty? In fact, what if the Casterly descendants control Castemere in the name of House Hoare? Or rule it as their own Kingdom for that matter? This would make things in the West rather crowded, but it is possible...

As you can probably see I really like the Caron and Eastermont ideas! I'm a bit more skeptical about the Crabbs, but I think the could work, plus now there can be some fighting over the Crownland and Blackwater Bay. I'm still not sure what to do about Dragonstone. The castle as we know it didn't exist yet (the Valyrians were still just shepherds), but maybe there can be a castle there called, say "Blackstone" or something (there is a volcano there after all).

As for the Northern Mountain Clans/Skagos, I'm still not sure which map I'll be using so they may not be included (There's not much up there after all).
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; March 03, 2014 at 05:11 AM.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I did some work on Age of Heroes which was similar to this.

Only problem I forsee with this is that you would likely have the same problems as fire and blood where it is almost impossible to plqy hotsewts due to number of turns!

Yeah, though maybe Hotseats could just carve out a smaller chunk of the map like they do in SS, or have people play as multiple factions in distant parts of Westeros (say: Redwyne, Mooton, Umber)?
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; March 03, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I have some cool ideas about how to make a mod like this, I will draw something up and post later! And Admiral, all over sudden you are all over the place with all these cool ideas, did you have some sort of revelation?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I would be happy to contribute some work to the project as it is something I have always wanted to do.

I really like the idea of Tarbecks and Reynes on the Lannisters, and also Hoares in there too.

And yeah, I agree about Umbers - and that Starks should have more of competition in the North. Woodfoots were in control of Bear Island before the Ironborn, so them and Deepwood Motte could be a faction (as House Glover)

Crabbs I like because we know the name of their castle (Whispers), and we're told that they were Kings

Basicly I agree with most that have been said about what factions/kingdoms should be in the mod. The things that could get tricky is adding The Clansman from the vale as its own faction as redrawing the mountains is trickyer then most people think. Also since Arryn is one of the major andal factions they would have made shortwork of resistance and seized the vale as a base for the conquest with some exceptions.

For this being made the easiest way possible we should use KORAH as a base since it has nice UI for Andal and The First Men and some cool religious units. Also that way we don't have to redo Mudd, Durranion, Stark, Bolton, Lannister, Gardener, Arryn, Martell or Yronwood.

Also I drew a map as an example of how the map could look with borders. We would only need to add a handful of settlements to make it playable. That would go pretty fast

Edit* My count was 27 factions...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map_regions.jpeg  
    Last edited by Korpskog; March 03, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

Well, at the moment it is around 29 factions, but We'll see. I agree that the Vale Tribes are tricky, so I might just merge them with the First Men resistance. As for said resistance, I'm thinking that it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the Arryns had trouble taking over the whole vale (just think about the terrain). I also like the idea of making Barrowtown its own faction. In that cast, I would probably give Stark Deepwood Motte, plus a new castle at Cerwin.

As for what to base it off, I'd love to use KORAH, but the map I'm getting from WRM (I'll re-work it to add more settlements/look older).

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    the map I'm getting from WRM (I'll re-work it to add more settlements/look older).
    Will have to polish it up a bit (quite a bit)

Have I missed something? I thought WRM basicly used the enhanced map... if that is the case it would still be easier to add content to YKORAH

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

0.3 yes is just enhanced, 0.4 is Toho's

Cool!

Yeah, I'd say it is pointless to wait for the 1.0 map to come out, and I want this to hold up past the 1.0 release so I'm willing to invest the time into making sure it has the best looking map available.

I was bored, so that's the map I did.
    I didn't include the Marsh Kings, as they're not on the list - so I wasn't sure about the exact borders of the Rills/Starks/Mudds

Also I think I made Ullers a bit big.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails map kopia.jpg  

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Very nice map! I think there's a few inaccuracies on there, but looks good!

You'll have to edit Darklyn's sigil for the mod; I guess just black and yellow would do.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Murfmurf View Post
    Very nice map! I think there's a few inaccuracies on there, but looks good!

You'll have to edit Darklyn's sigil for the mod; I guess just black and yellow would do.
    That or just the red/white shields. Otherwise it would look kinda terrible...

Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast