Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - Poll on Page 39

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - RECRUITING/MINI PREVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    I would say Houses Teague and/or Fisher should have some role in the Riverlands- from what I've seen they were both Kings of thverlands for some time.
    Interesting, I didn't know about these guys... I'd rather not go back over the work we have already done, and we're pretty much at the faction limit, so let's just say that they came to prominence later on (they were destroyed by the Stormkings etc, and this is way before that war).

House Teague ruled The Riverlands after the fall of House Mudd (which is around when KoRaH takes place). They aren't so prominent as to have their own kingdom at such an early point in time. House Fisher was also around after this mod takes place.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - RECRUITING/MINI PREVIEW

Teague and Fisher were after Mudd, and both didn't have the strength to hold the rivermen together

Edit: my bad, didn't load properly

Edit: Didn't you say you wanted this to be able to stand alongside WTW 1.0.... Making your own crannogmen would help this
    But you do seem to have quite a bit of work ahead so don't worry about it...oh and unit descriptions for those you sent me are almost done, so if you want me to do the same for this submod, same kind of style or different, just say so
    Last edited by Iron Aquilifer; March 09, 2014 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    Teague and Fisher were after Mudd, and both didn't have the strength to hold the rivermen together

Edit: my bad, didn't load properly

Edit: Didn't you say you wanted this to be able to stand alongside WTW 1.0.... Making your own crannogmen would help this
    But you do seem to have quite a bit of work ahead so don't worry about it...oh and unit descriptions for those you sent me are almost done, so if you want me to do the same for this submod, same kind of style or different, just say so
    Sounds good! If I can make some working crannogmen I'll give it a try, but for now I'm thinking there are two ways to differentiate this from 1.0:

1) 29 factions, this is a wholly different experience and will hopefully convince people to try it.

2) Different rosters. KORAH has allowed us to use their units, but I want to continue to overhaul the rosters to make them very different from 1.0. Specifically, more grungy and historical-looking (kinda like the Barrow Knights from TRO). I do plan on including TRO (minus the Gold Cloaks) in it, but for the initial release the rosters will probably be dominated by newly-made generics.

Default Re: [Submod] Age of Petty Kings - FACTIONS PREVIEW

New preview up! Expect more coming soon .

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I love the selection meny! Have you made all flags yourself? And grats on 1k posts, reping as soon as I have spread some more around xD
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    I love the selection meny! Have you made all flags yourself? And grats on 1k posts, reping as soon as I have spread some more around xD
    Thanks! I hate to ruin the perfect 1k, but yeah, I made them all (apart from the one you made ). My hope is to have almost everything in this mode be made either by me or by members of the group who have given permission to open-source their work. This will make is easier to submod as everything I make is open source.

this mod should be a great fun nice idea really good job. but still redwaynes are in my opinon a bad idea. They are to weak to play a bigger role in the war.

Really they are not that weak, im guessing they will have enough resources to launch an attack on either Hightower or Uller early in game. Also according to the latest mapsources there are 3 settlements on The Arbor which is more then enough.

I had an idea about The Barrowkings. According to the wiki House Dustin have a wooden castle in the town called The Barrow Hall. I think it would be cool to have it as its own region and make the two settlements border eachother. That way they can recruit something other then puny militia. Also I think the settlements should be halfprotected by a river.

And would House Dustin really be the Kings here? How about naming the faction House Barrow and make the dustins, stouts, ironhills and ryswells their bannermen? Maybe remove the crossed axes and simply have only a black crown upon yellow? just an idea

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

We are going to need one thing with this mod Every general must have Custom pictures as im sorry but i hate looking at that bland creepy Medieval 2 face

Really they are not that weak, im guessing they will have enough resources to launch an attack on either Hightower or Uller early in game. Also according to the latest mapsources there are 3 settlements on The Arbor which is more then enough.

I had an idea about The Barrowkings. According to the wiki House Dustin have a wooden castle in the town called The Barrow Hall. I think it would be cool to have it as its own region and make the two settlements border eachother. That way they can recruit something other then puny militia. Also I think the settlements should be halfprotected by a river.

And would House Dustin really be the Kings here? How about naming the faction House Barrow and make the dustins, stouts, ironhills and ryswells their bannermen? Maybe remove the crossed axes and simply have only a black crown upon yellow? just an idea
    Well since it's House Dustin that has the Crown in their sigil, I'd imagine they were Kings. If you removed the crossed axes, it would, I think, look too similar to House Mudd. House Stout is actually directly sworn to House Dustin.

True but it might aswell be that they trace ancestry to petty kings but there is no source anyways I think the faction needs to be buffed a little and they will be pretty fun to play!

Also since this is way back, I imagine there should be a lack of cities in the mod? For example Lannisport and Gulltown might only have been Large Towns by then while Oldtown should be a City? Same thing should do for Castles, maybe some of the minor castles should be degraded to Wooden Castles and some Wooden Castles to Motte and Bailes?
    Last edited by Korpskog; March 10, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Will gladly assist in some way with this. This was similar to my original plan for age of Kingdoms, look like you guys beat me to it!

Seems some fab content would be useful for some factions here (Redwyne, Hightower, Darry)

.... Darry is going to be a faction... right?

... Right.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Alertoverlord View Post
    We are going to need one thing with this mod Every general must have Custom pictures as im sorry but i hate looking at that bland creepy Medieval 2 face
    Well volunteered! PM me a few examples you have made?

True but it might aswell be that they trace ancestry to petty kings but there is no source anyways I think the faction needs to be buffed a little and they will be pretty fun to play!

Also since this is way back, I imagine there should be a lack of cities in the mod? For example Lannisport and Gulltown might only have been Large Towns by then while Oldtown should be a City? Same thing should do for Castles, maybe some of the minor castles should be degraded to Wooden Castles and some Wooden Castles to Motte and Bailes?
    I did an age of Heroes mod a while back with all settlements regressed and it worked nicely in SP< but would be a PITA for hotseats due to the total war footing most players take.

Maybe up population growth?

House Mooton will be kings of the eastern riverlands and rival against the crabbkings So House Darry not be kings

Yeah, I refrained from making Darry a faction, but they will still be in there . That being said, we would LOVE to use your F&B stuff! We are massively overhauling the rosters to be older/scrappier than the vanilla and 1.0 ones and we could use all the help we can get.

I do plan to use custom portraits, but that will be a big job so we will probably need a full time member for that.

I am also reducing the size of most cities. I might leave oldtown and Sunspear the way they are, as they were some of the oldest cities in Westeros, but everything else is being shrunk. The castles, on the other hand, I will leave as wooden castles are kinda boring and have limited recruitment. Also, some factions need bigger castles for balance reasons .

As for Dustin, they also hold Rills and Moat Cailin, and are the only northern faction (besides the Sisters) to have a navy. I might try giving them said castle, but if I can't get it looking good they should still be fine.

Finally, as for Redwyne, they control only 2 settlements, as otherwise the Arbor is WAY too crowded, but they still have the largest navy in Westeros, so that should make them quite powerful indeed. I might also create a new custom building for their "vineyards" which gives them a big gold boost, similar to Casterly Rock's gold mines. I made them independent because I think they would be a fun Greyjoy-like faction to play as, and giving the largest city in Westeros access to the largest navy in Westeros would be WAY too OP.
    Last edited by AdmiralThrawn; March 10, 2014 at 05:21 PM.

You really should make House Targaryen as an faction and just leave them on DragonStone chilling .
    Last edited by Alertoverlord; March 10, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alertoverlord View Post
    You really should make House Targaryen an a faction and just leave them on DragonStone chilling .
    Who are these "Targayrens" you speak of? It sounds like Valiryan, but Valyria is just a land of Goat Herders. And, as we all know, Dragons are just a myth...

Do you not know there are rumors that there is 2 Children Of The Forest near Old Town claiming that one day Three Dragons shall descend on Westeros and everyone shall bend the knee ? such nonsense .