Thread: wounded deeply appeal to modders

Default wounded deeply appeal to modders

I speak english not very well

I want to propose one issue indeed one faction, The Cisalpina Republic, or The Italians

I speak to name about many Italian players

During the napoleonico period Italy had an important role, not only militarily but also and above all culturally, in fact Napoleone taken cue from the ancient Rome...

I know that it is most difficult to create a game as you have made, but with simple sagacities if you will think it opportune you will be able to make happy very many gets passionate to you Italian of the napoleonico period...

Enough to change the color of the French, the blue with the green, decorations in gold with those in silver, to remove some French units, and one will be had faction in more, the Italians...

From historical sources...

The French -> The Italian (Cisalpina Republic) army:

National guard -> Italian real guard (identical)*
    Chasseurs -> Cacciatori or Chasseurs (identical)*
    Voltigeurs -> no
    Fusilers -> Velites or Fusilers (identical)*
    Grenadiers -> Grenadiers (identical)*
    Young guard -> no
    Middle guard -> Honor guards (identical)*
    Old guard -> no
    Chasseurs à Cheval -> Cacciatori a cavallo, Chasseurs à Cheval (identical)*
    French lancers -> no
    French hussars -> Italian hussars (identical)*
    French dragoons -> Italian dragons (identical)*
    French guard chasseur a cheval -> Italian guard chasseur a cheval (identical)*
    French red lancers -> no
    French polish lancers -> no
    French cuirassiers -> no
    French carabbiners -> Italian carabbiners (identical)*
    French grenadier a cheval -> no
    French General -> Italian General (identical)*
    6 pounders -> 6 pounders (identical)*
    12 pounders -> 12 pounders (identical)*
    howitzers -> howitzers (identical)*

* change colours, blue with green, gold with silver

thanks for the attention that you will want to come to an agreement to me
    Last edited by DVX; October 08, 2006 at 03:33 PM.
    Neque imbellem feroces progenerant aquilae columbam

Default Re: wounded deeply appeal to modders

I think that would be a great faction to add to this great mod as it would basicly mean just changeing a few colours and getting away with some French units. Plus my Italian friends needs someone to play us as

Quote Originally Posted by The_Richini
    I think that would be a great faction to add to this great mod as it would basicly mean just changeing a few colours and getting away with some French units. Plus my Italian friends needs someone to play us as

to ask is lawful, to answer is courtesy, me does not seem that the Belgian/Dutch are this super faction :hmmm:

unlikely to happen

problem 1: they were a french puppet which can be seen by just looking at the army list you posted. Having them as an independant faction that can oppose france in custom/MP games is a bit weird.
    problem 2: we're already burried in work with the waterloo pack and possibly an Austrian faction. With the MTW2 release so close it is unlikely any other factions will ever make it to NTW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Adherbal
    problem 1: they were a french puppet which can be seen by just looking at the army list you posted. Having them as an independant faction that can oppose france in custom/MP games is a bit weird.
    problem 2: we're already burried in work with the waterloo pack and possibly an Austrian faction. With the MTW2 release so close it is unlikely any other factions will ever make it to NTW2.

ok sin, but at least I had to try to us, in truth I would have preferred a Piemontese faction, but also of having an italian faction I was disposed to accept the Republic Cisalpina

thanks for reply

PS: I hope that in Napoleonic 3 there will be also the piemontesi, and if you will have some need I will send you all the illustrative material who I have, bye

from ur list, it jsut sounds like retexturing a bit and modifying the unit list, although its a lot of work to implement a new faction

As much as I adore the Italians in the Napoleonic wars, I would prefer to see the Austrians as a faction. In fact I would prefer to see the Poles before the Austrians but that is just me.
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

I personally like the order the factions where released in and I trust that given enough time, the Lordz will continue to expand and improve NTW, to the point where even crazy italians will be happy ^_^.

It is unfortunate that the technical limitations of working with the RTW engine prevent NTW from being all it could be, if the talent and determination of the Lordz was all that mattered.

It take hope from the fact that the arquebusiers in the MTW2 demo fired in ranks, and firmly believe (read: desperately hope) that the next itteration of the engine will alleviate many of the issues we have now and allow the Lordz to release content with increased ease and therefor, at a much greater rate.

Apparently MTW2 will also ship with an unsupported map editor, so one can only hope that in time, more tools would be released.

Well said Sir!
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

Mmmm, tah ^_^