Thread: Need help with Connacht

Default Need help with Connacht

Well, I started playing this faction after being fairly successful with the Picts. Wanted to give an Irish campaign a try. Thing is, I'm getting crushed right now. The other two factions on the island (Mumhan and Ui Neill) are kicking my ass, they're not fighting each other, just teaming up on me and it's starting to get desperate for me. My economy is in the negative because I can't afford any more than a half-stack army. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Default Re: Need help with Connacht

Quote Originally Posted by McCauley95 View Post
    Well, I started playing this faction after being fairly successful with the Picts. Wanted to give an Irish campaign a try. Thing is, I'm getting crushed right now. The other two factions on the island (Mumhan and Ui Neill) are kicking my ass, they're not fighting each other, just teaming up on me and it's starting to get desperate for me. My economy is in the negative because I can't afford any more than a half-stack army. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.
    Your n the middle of the two. Did you try first expanding eastward? it might be good for you econ to capture rebel settlements to the east at the games start

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: Need help with Connacht

Hang in there. Though I haven't played an Irish faction, I've found that tough situations don't last forever in this mod. However, your situation does sound worse than any I've ever been in. If you very occasionally invest in economic improvements you'll find that with along natural population growth, which also expands your economy, you can gradually build a bigger army and be able to overcome the odds.

If you already know these following things, apologies: If you have any spies or assassins, get them killed. That will free some money for another military unit or two. Make sure any merchants earn more than 200 per turn (that's how much they cost). If not, get them eliminated. Don't adopt new family members. Have a lot of family members or generals? Deaths in battle!

If after, say, ten years you're still in the same situation, then maybe a death or glory offensive into the heart of your enemies' territories might be your only option!

Most of all, good luck!