My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Ukraine and Crimea development thread

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    UN is US puppet
    ​Source?

UN is US puppet
    Which is why the UN supported the Iraq invasion and involvement in Syria. Oh wait.
    "Nobody is right, but historians are more right than others"

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sire Brenshar View Post
    Which is why the UN supported the Iraq invasion and involvement in Syria. Oh wait.
    Which is why you've never heard UN condemning the cold blooded attack in Iraq. UN has its basis in US so dont expect them to take the side of Russia in any matter. Or China

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins

Papay do you even understand how the UN works?

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    Papay do you even understand how the UN works?
    Would you like to make an experiment? Lets say that a Mexican revolution occurs and an unelected government comes to power, that is clearly anti-American. What would the stance of UN be?

a)Similar to the stance we see in Ukrainian revolution(that it is a step of progress)
    b)Condemnation of the revolution and authorization of US to invade Mexico

I bet my money to the second option

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Which is why you've never heard UN condemning the cold blooded attack in Iraq. UN has its basis in US so dont expect them to take the side of Russia in any matter. Or China
    I don't remember if the general assembly did, but the security council couldn't for the same reason it can't condemn Russia(and also the main reason I see the UN as a broken entity, that should be fixed). And if the UN somehow is a US puppet, does that mean that all it's members including Russia, is too? The first to condemn the UN as useless/controlled by opposing forces are those wanting to illegally invade another country. See US politicians during/before/after the Iraq invasion.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by ☩Lord Inquisitor Derpy Hooves☩ View Post
    ​Source?
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/jul...iaea-wikileaks

When they can do that, and the guy still sitting there, they can do allot more within the UN.

Also note that GW Bush wasnt to happy with the UN and assigned heavy handed John Bolton to change the inner-works of the UN mainly by blackmailing the org, as USA as main monetary contributor, threatened it would retract its funding. This apearently worked a great deal when we look at the personel changes going from the Hans Blix, John Ritter types to the Amano's.

Its a slow process and its not under complete controll, but the US has the most leverage in that NYC based org, and now not only vote wise.

Thx for also ing that up. FDR would be proud.
    Last edited by Thorn777; April 15, 2014 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

UN is US puppet
    Well the US certainly doesn't think so when it comes to Israel.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; April 15, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

UN is US puppet
    UN is a failed pseudo-neutral organization that had systematically failed to address most of the conflicts it had dealt with. I wouldn't call them a US puppet, but there is definitely an agenda in it's selective approach to such situations.

Would you like to make an experiment? Lets say that a Mexican revolution occurs and an unelected government comes to power, that is clearly anti-American. What would the stance of UN be?

a)Similar to the stance we see in Ukrainian revolution(that it is a step of progress)

FYour description of this hypothetical Mexican Revolution is rather vague. First off, how did that unelected government come to power? Is the entire government unelected (the Ukrainian legislature was elected)? Is the government acting as a transition government and holding power until new elections in a few months? What is the new government's policy?

As for your b option, the last time there was a Mexican Revolution (a hundred years ago), the only American invasion came as a result of Pancho Villa's raid on an American town. Even then, the US did not decide the leadership of Mexico following the Revolution, although the US certainly did influence it.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Did Langley get a hold of Russian helicopters and Russian armoured personnel carriers as well?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=043_1393770999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvUzeewwlI

So the Russian invasion of Crimea and the Eastern Ukraine, is actually, a false flag operation of the Americans. Well that's inventive. Do you have any evidence let alone proof?
    So Crimea with its age old heavy Russian military presence is eastern Ukraine now?

I think you need to get ur geography and logic straight. But I guess such suggestive posting is not about thruths at all. Rather the opposite as its an attempt to either delude others or one self.

Really pathetic. I greatly feel sorry for he thinking capacities shown here by some.
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

So a UN puppet by the US merely means it doesn't condemn US actions?

Well that's pretty alright then.

But wait there's more:

UN condemns the US for torture and surveillance.

UN condemns the US for Cuban blockade.

The Iraq crises was more unique in that this wasn't just a rogue US attack on Iraq out of the blue, it was after 2 years of failed resolutions a US response to what they saw as UN inaction over Iraq. It wasn't condemned, but it wasn't supported besides the US and UK.

The case for Syria went likewise, the US was (wanting to) act over UN inaction.

But its clear to everyone here anyways Papay, that you're only accusing the UN of being a puppet because they act against your views, which are anti-US anyways. The reality is merely however that the US has worldly support, while Russia and China act against most's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay

No, you are very wrong. The UN would never support that, even though there's a good chance the US would intervene similar to how Russia had (but they wouldn't be annexing territory either).

Why do I think so? Because the UN didn't support the US Iraq invasion. What evidence do you have for your opinion in contrast?
    Last edited by Sire Brenshar; April 15, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

Comes Limitis

In this day and age authority demands a pretence of ligitimacy. Of course you get issues not going its way.

UN promotes western-type regimes and western type of logic

As evidenced by?

What is 'western type of logic'?? Please explain.

If you mean people have the right to free expression and the right to pick their leaders then how is this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by nemgod View Post
    If you mean people have the right to free expression and the right to pick their leaders then how is this bad?
    Freedom of expression sucks

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Because "super-powers"like England and France still have a permanent sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    UN is a failed pseudo-neutral organization that had systematically failed to address most of the conflicts it had dealt with. I wouldn't call them a US puppet, but there is definitely an agenda in it's selective approach to such situations.
    How about no? The UN is the treaty organization empowered by the UN member nations. The later decide what the UN does and in all kinds of humanitarian missions the UN did tons of stuff, in diplomatic missions it depends on the muscle and goodwill of its members. The very basis as an international treaty organization means it's not the UN's fault if countries are dicks because the UN Charta is the simple agreement by such countries not to be dicks, to be policed and judged by the UN countries.

The UN is actually pretty successful in forcing countries who want to be dicks to at least try to find a sensible reason to do something. Without the UN Putin wouldn't have to invent this nonsense about ethnic Russians being in a humanitarian crisis threatened by Ukrainian government forces, he would just do what he wants and see when he hears a bang. How the 17th to 19th centuries worked, you know?
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Freedom of expression sucks
    ​The irony is, you are benefiting from the freedom of expression right now.