Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Archery ranges?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Archery ranges?

I would mod the accuracy (for all relevant units), as range and damage shouldn't be what at end should differ signficantly (if the weapons are compairable), but instead the ability to actually intentionally hit a target even if at maximum efficient range while mortal shouldn't.

See here under the "For modders"-box
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...)-with-Trailer

EDIT: Do you btw know what the range in the game is counted in? Is 300 the same as [ca] 300 years or meter?
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 08, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    So how should I mod the archery ranges in TATW? I'm not content with the current setup, because there is little difference between human rangers and elves who have at least hundreds of years of training.
    basically what everything said here was that if you strive for reality, you shouldn't mess with the range of the bows.
    you can, however, increase the lethality/accuracy of elven archers, nobody is saying a strong no to that. also, speed of reloading, if you can mod that.

the only difference between an elf with 3000 years worth of experience and a 16 yo boy, both using the same bow, would be the lethality, accuracy and speed of reloading. since elves were masters of archery and created bows with great skill, maybe you can increase the lethality some more. don't overbuff elves, or you might regret when playing against them.

MOS has a great way of dealing with elven bows and archers, you might want to take a look at that/those stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

- reloading speed: can be improved but it's at most 2x faster than the original setup, and that's still slower than horse archers' shots (which are not fired in volley)

- accuracy: not too useful when shooting stationary targets; in DaC they also have area attributes so accuracy matters even less.

- Lethality: can be raised but if it's increased too much, the shields and armors of high-end enemy units would become effectively useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12