Hello there.

For my first post, il want to make a personal description of most of the RTW mods or demo mods already released:
My HD file for all mods RTW is now a pretty 78 Go wide.

Files installed:

-Clean version of vanila R:TTW unpatched ( 1.0 ) to the usual C:program/activision/RTW
-Clean copy patched to 1.2
-Clean copy patched to 1.3
-Clean copy patched to 1.5
-copy of original TTW BI unpatched
-Copy of TTW BI patched to 1.6

Each are working perfectly.

The following mods are all in C:program/:

Based on RTW:

-RTR Platinum ( on 1.5, got ctd when both goes to custom battle and campaign. My opinion: i have tested the different versions of this great old mod on very clean versions of RTTW ( no oher mods installed ). Lots of marvellous skins, new factions, new map, etc... the game conversion is almost complete. what else... )

-Europa Barbarorum V.7.4 ( on 1.5, got ctd after the loading barbarorum screen and this: "script error in data/descr-events-images.txt at line 623, column 1. Unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player" Trying re-installing and re-write the concerned text file soon; Tested older versions of this great mod. Seems me the best on the classical period of Rome:TTW, especially for the barbarian factions. Great work done, but need a powerful PC - huge map and plenty of mighty armies, lot of new battlemaps including those with wonders )

-Iberia total War ( on 1.5, got ctd during campaign -playing the lusitanian- at 15 turn when clicking on an ambasador... This a great mod too. I have read Polybius and knew what the Iberian wars had strongly influenced the Roman way of fightning. New map ( West Europe, Wider, with a fringe of adriatic illyrian coast ), plenty of new units and new sounds. Test it if you don't have yet.

-T'sin empire Invasion ( on 1.0 or 1.2, works perfectly. Little boring: The only T'sin army is new - take the place of Pathians, all the rest is from vanila RTW. New movie Intro, but low-res. ).

-Citadel Total war ( on 1.5, demo version, custom battles and 4 factions available, works perfectly; Great promising mod. lot of new units including Culverins and big guns molded on the vanila ballistae, with their sounds and animations, like the arquebuse bearers pretty smoke but bow sound. Indeed, that's a good work.).

-Napoleonic II ( on 1.5, works perfectly. Well, what a christmas present that The Lorz made... Complete splendid skinned new units, new animations, maps, music... It's a complete other game, with a bunch of new tactics; Very enthusiastic for the final version which would have a strong interest long after the Medieval II release, ( as NTW I or Hellenic TW for MTW I ) and future developements like "Secession total war", as "american total war" dev. for original Medieval are promising. And what for an hypothetic "Nations:Total war", which take place in the XVIIIst century, especially covering the "war of seven years" (1756-1763) and which include an brand new "american total war", better suited for muskets of Medieval II engine? ).

-Legion III ( on 1.5 ( or BI 1.6? config not yet tested )- got ctd in campaign menu after the faction's choice - testing. Well, not a famous yet - Russian RTW mod, but a surprinsing one: Partly made by developers from the original TWR team, a tremendeous intro movie, ( HBO's Rome, and some Osprey and Warspite loading screens ) and including 30 specific Roman Legions units, a lot of specific Roman Legions units, new Gaul, German, Dacian, Greecs -lots of spartans-, Macedonian, carthaginian units, some coming from EB. some silly vanilla RTW deleted, but Pre_hellenistic vanilla Egyptian army still here. Apparnt improved AI from Darth_formations, re-balanced ratio force in favor of the barbarians, roman units more expensive, etc. With a lot of brand-new units for all the factions and new maps, it would have been a serious challenger vs EB and RTR sooner.)

-Chivalry total war ( on 1.3, patched to 0.44, works perfectly. One of the best mod for RTW ever. A perfect step between original Med I and coming Med II. New inteface design, icons, pics, brand-new units -but not so much, most have just different color skins-, a lot of new factions, new campaign map, battlemaps, historical battles, music... It was half-dead and released "unfinished" as soon as Med II was officially announced. Missing: Castles and medieval cities, siege weapons, tons of new scripts and new pics... But the result even now is great. A mod To have, definitely.).

-Rise of Persia v.1.0 ( on 1.3, works perfectly. Not tried in the present config but on another PC on clean installation. Few new units - just some greek and of course persian, a brand new map from adriatic to half-india; New factions and units every months. Very promising, but near-sister of Haegemonia - Pelopponesian and Persic-median wars. Herodotus and Thucydid universes, keep classic. ).

-Middle earth:total war V.0.7 ( on 1.1 and 1.2, more ctds on the second. The actual installation on 1.2 crashed en loading screen and was twice re-installed - once automatically, once manually... So i could'nt try the movie edition patch. I will re-installing the whole mod later.).

-LOTR:Total War: Downloaded but not yet tested.

-Warhammer total war ( on 1.5 - V.01 beta - got ctd on loading, re-installation prev but no regrets about that. I'm not a warhammer fan. )

-Greek extension mod ( on 1.5 - Works perfectly. Little mod, few new units ( Most greek, some Egyptian - more "Ptolemaic-like phalanxes". The rest is Vanila RTW.).

Based on BI:

-Invasio barbarorum ( on 1.6, works perfectly. Harsh, but great mod, as EB. Tons of brand new units and factions. Vanilla EB looks like "cheap" instead. But as in EB, units are too expensive. I have tried the Franks, and with huge experienced armies ( one or two iron chevrons ), forced to invade Constantine's Roman Gaul only to have more cities to keep my money left. And i was defeated on the north by 5 near huge armies of the Burgundy Faction, lost first now less-defended cities and after no more recruits but few mercenaries, forced to push into the south, against epic stone Roman Cities that are always rioting. Lost an entire army to re-take the same city three times, just when the Burgundy chaps comes out to "finish the job"... )

-Arthurian Total war ( got menu returns -not ctd- when clicking on "campaign", and after choice of troops in custom. Historical battles working fine. A very good mod with plenty of new units and factions. A perfect dark age to play. Impatient to re-installing it ).

-Troy Total War ( on 1.6, ctd after a few turns with Minoan faction, and a ctd now when choosing every faction or loading a game - Custom battles works but "sea bug" reported on first map; Great mod, half-born a few month ago, but with now a new website and new Gold version. Lot of new factions as primitive greek cities-states, and civs. minoans, hittites. 8 or more specific units each, 12 or more mercenaries, hero units, all finely skinned ).

-Blue lotus total war ( on 1.6, Works perfectly, and i don't have respected the install instructions... A fun mod, really. Some funny "beetlejuice" demon units, new camp map, banners, factions, and an obscure,ancient,legendary feeling. The Japanese and Chinese factions are for those who are desperatly waiting Ran no Jidai and Three Kingdom mods. And it was a beta. According to the latests screenshots, a future masterpiece ).

-Zhanguo Total war ( on 1.6, works perfectly. A great little mod - Only 5 factions playable, a little map ( East Chinese ), few specific units, but almost completely rebuilt chinese towns. It was conceived like an intro or demo to the "big" mod, Three Kingdoms, made by chinese fans and a team coming from biggest Chinese Lan video games. Good intro movie, new music and chinese intros to each factions. Must have the english patch to play. )

-Conclusion: In this "Copy-paste" system ( since i don't have tried JSGME yet ), there's a lot of bugs and crashes, most in the campaign game. Custom battle are less scripted than other menu features, so they are working usually fine. There's nothing sure about install a mod. each config. differs for every PC, because of different logs., antivirus, etc, and running on different graphic cards and master cards PC's. The mods that running perfectly on an unique installation folder RTw in activision, don't working now on separate copies which seeming correctly patched...

-Best mod? For the gameplay, RTR, for those are often plays in "very hard", and those who wants more history-accurate barb. units and the most epic campaign map, BE. For those who wants remembering old feelings of Medieval TW, Chivalry ( and future Ran no Jidai for Shogun:total war ). For those who wants something really different: NTW II. And at last, for those who are not history-accurate ayathollas, and juste have fun and exotism, or simply fresh air on RTW engine, Middle earth TW, Blue Lotus mod, or Troy TW.
Waiting for: haegemonia city States, Ran no Jidai, chivalry final ( dead? ), ROP final, Citadel final, Crusader total war, Three kingdoms ( Or Chinese:Total war ) and of course, MTW II. I have no seen interest to buy the alexander mod ( which patch RTW to 1.9 -please don't make a new mod on it! -The only one seems to be Legion III, initially modded on RTW 1.5 ).

-My config - Last of my Pc's: Compaq Presario 64 3200+, 1GO DDR, 200 Go HD. A lot of the mods working fine with max video options. It will be hard with MTW II, so i am waiting for the demo.

-To the experienced ( or beginners ) modders which could be interested in talking about new projects: I would like to bring ideas, historical scripts ( or even modifying descr-files and all sorts of .txt files ) and graphics ( 2D only -I have no time to learn 3Dsmax or poser, and i don't have them anyway, but i can make: Aquarels, numeric works, skins, textures, icons, loading screens, events and unit pics, etc... i will post some examples soon. ). My personal project is about a new mod for Med II in the period covered between this game and NTW II. I hope - and i am not the one - the game will be easier to modify: The mods getting a longer life and belonging the players interest again two years after the game release. How many new players have choose RTW only because of the astonishing mods available? That's final interest of CA - and SEGA.
Other new great mods ( not partial conversions or light mods like SPQR, Darth Formation, TWR gameplay, Vlad total war... ), any comments?...