Thread: How to mod a mod?

Default How to mod a mod?

I'm looking to do 2 things; 1. make levy archers recruitable in towns, 2. make it so I don't reset my recruitment queue every time a WC leaves his post even for one turn, and especially when he's there but I stupidly move in a second general who the AI decides to make governor. Also is there any way to hand pick governor from multiple generals in same settlement?

Default Re: How to mod a mod?

Also make it so that losing a siege doesn't automatically kill your ing general? He didn't fight, he slipped out the god damn side entrance and let the enemy have the settlement. this game.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Don't you think this is an odd place to ask this question?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Yeah, you can mod a mod to make your archers recruitable in town. Moving your army out of town without 110% Happiness rating is begging for the ai to take it back usually as rebel. No, you don't get to pick Governor except moving in the family member you want as its governor. otherwise it's game random generated. If you have bunch in a stack, only move in the one you want with the stack, else the game picks.

Generals have always had a backdoor to fight another day. Many don't make it. Autoresolve your battles?

No I play them all out. I didn't have him fight and I ran him out the side door to wait out the capture timer. Lost my capitol(Frankfurt, playing Holy Roman Empire and warring against France) and my faction heir in one battle, mad as I was I decided to keep playing and it's turning into my best game so far actually. Tried starving the troops out but a full stack came to break the siege, so I maneuvered around and took Antwerp and Rheims(which had a master theologian's guild apparently). Gave Antwerp to my allies the English to give them a foothold to help me fight, and a well timed crusade against excommunicated Genoa gave me a chance to quick hire a stack of crusader mercs, and since I don't need to march to the holy land they'll be able to come back and help my main force take Metz and Frankfurt.

There are ways. It may take e few tries to learn them. The vanilla ai is not known for its smarts. A few mods have tried to help it out and balance things some.

Ways to escape your generals from a lost siege? He was outside the walls and none of the enemies were near him. And I'm playing Stainless Steel 6.4.

Kanata's Avatar Laetus

What game are we talking about here?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    No, you don't get to pick Governor except moving in the family member you want as its governor. otherwise it's game random generated. If you have bunch in a stack, only move in the one you want with the stack, else the game picks.
    I thought piety would determine who is governor? Or at least the more piety the more "Admin" income you get in cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Saibot42 View Post
    Ways to escape your generals from a lost siege? He was outside the walls and none of the enemies were near him. And I'm playing Stainless Steel 6.4.
    Hardcoded. Army inside the settlement defending in siege battle is automatically destroyed if it loses, no matter what you do in battle... However, it happened to me once that what was left of such an army (inside the settlement, not reinforcing) instead of being destroyed it retreated to a ship on the shore nearby, I was like waaaaaaaaaaaat

Biarchus

Hmm... I allways found that it's the loyality that determines the governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzg View Post
    Hmm... I allways found that it's the loyality that determines the governor.
    I don't micromanage that close to know but I do have my doubts for the many settlements that have rebelled over the years. I don't play SS so there could be the way the files and scripts written to have some effect, too. BBB has a bunch of loyaly traits and triggers I commented out because of micromanagement I don't have time for.

Biarchus

Well... I observed the governor changing whenever a higher loyality general comes to the settlement That's both SS and Vanilla. I wouldn't bet on that it's 100% sure tho