Thread: What is going on?? Rebels are actually sieging my city???

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Default What is going on?? Rebels are actually sieging my city???

Wow. This has been a most interesting campaign! First Prince Charles deserted (Didn't even know faction heirs could do that), then this!
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Default Re: What is going on?? Rebels are actually sieging my city???

It seems like it would make sense that if a prince were to rebel, it would be because he wants to be king before his dad kicks off naturally, and that the logical move after rebellion would be to try to seize the capital rather than wandering around aimlessly, but I have to admit I've never actually seen this happen. Well, except in the tutorial Norman conquest campaign when Ambrose Adames lays siege to Caen in a scripted, off-turn move. Pretty cool.
    ೋღ☃ღೋ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~you are a beautiful strong Catholic monarch~ ~
    ~ ~who don’t need no communion with Rome~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Maklodes View Post
    It seems like it would make sense that if a prince were to rebel, it would be because he wants to be king before his dad kicks off naturally, and that the logical move after rebellion would be to try to seize the capital rather than wandering around aimlessly, but I have to admit I've never actually seen this happen. Well, except in the tutorial Norman conquest campaign when Ambrose Adames lays siege to Caen in a scripted, off-turn move. Pretty cool.
    Actually Charles was sieging Antwerp when he rebelled, so this is a seperate army.
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't remember being besieged by rebels in vanilla, however once I left a town empty, no garrison, it wasn't unhappy enough to revolt, and a rebel unit hiding in a forest, I had no idea it was there, came and took the empty town. It was in my very first campaign, as England, I was like WTF did just happen
    Last edited by Vipman; March 01, 2014 at 01:15 AM.

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

what does '''desertion'' means?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That one of your generals or captains turns rebel because your king has low authority, and general's low loyalty

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

I've had the rebels siege me a couple times its always a little more fun when they do.

Are you playing on a higher difficulty? I'm pretty sure desertions happen much more often on VH than they do on other levels. Same for rebels sieging cities. Rebels besieging cities is dependent on difficulty level, rebel army size vs. garrison size, and I'm pretty sure the kind of rebels they are. "Scandinavian Rebels" would be more likely to move around the province and attack your forces or settlement while "Brigands" are usually more static, but they can move against the settlement if they have good enough odds.

I've seen brigands attack settlements on H and VH campaign difficulties a few times. Only once have I ever seen them do it on Medium.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound-22 View Post
    Are you playing on a higher difficulty? I'm pretty sure desertions happen much more often on VH than they do on other levels. Same for rebels sieging cities. Rebels besieging cities is dependent on difficulty level, rebel army size vs. garrison size, and I'm pretty sure the kind of rebels they are. "Scandinavian Rebels" would be more likely to move around the province and attack your forces or settlement while "Brigands" are usually more static, but they can move against the settlement if they have good enough odds.

I've seen brigands attack settlements on H and VH campaign difficulties a few times. Only once have I ever seen them do it on Medium.
    Yeah I'm on VH. I just have never seen that before.