Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTR Project: Imperial Campaign v0.5 Released!

Default Re: RTR Project: Imperial Campaign v0.5 Released!

If you look closely, the game is really just vanilla but graphically upgraded plus a new map and new stats for units

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

lol havent played vanilla in years. mostly play roma surrectum or hegemonia.
    are you planning to add more units later in the development?maybe ask permission to use some of the RS units you like.
    cheers
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

We already are adding units. The units will be more of an RTR look, RS2 has it's own. I don't want to mix/match units because it doesn't look right.

ah ok. looking forward to see them.it wouth look awkward indeed if you mix them up.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Indeed. However it is tough at the moment because we don't have any talented 3d/2d artists on the team to make new units or even edit existing units, so relying on outside sources is our main way of getting what we need. So if anyone out there has some 3d/2d art skills, please let us know.

wish i had such talents,but the only thing i can do for you is beta test the project later in the year.

So is this intended to be a new version of the RTR series, or something stand-alone? I am literally just back into playing RTR and am thrilled to see any developments!

It's the first version of a new series for RTR.
    This version feels a lot like vanilla, but it has a graphical overhaul and realistic battle stats for the units.

Hi, I am trying some new mods and i was wondering which version is more complete/playable?
    RTR:Imperial Campaign 0.5 or FO 0.9?

FO is a lot more advanced in what it brings, but RTR is more complete as a mod.

Hello, I really like RTR and I wanted to try your new version, however I red that your mod has divided romans, something I don't really like, I know it's not a proper question but can i ask very vaguely when you plan to release a new version with a unique roman faction in? Do you think it will be in a few months or much more?

We don't know when we will have a release, as what we are doing is new. It is certainly a lot of work. However I can assure you, there will only be one Roman faction in the next release.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Beautiful, I hope you can overcome the Iberians!

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Beautiful, I hope you can overcome the Iberians!
    i`m getting there,pushed them back across the mountains and took a couple of coastal towns to keep them busy and out of gaul,destoyed macedon,selucids betrayed me and we are now fighting over the charming holiday resorts around naxos,
    ;-0

Oh nice, a Seleucid/Roman war, don't see a lot of those in RTW or it's mods

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Nice pictures.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Nice pictures.
    cheers,
    here`s a few more

just want to make a few observations,its a long time since iv`e played vanilla and i know this is the early version of the projected mod but it does seem a little harder due to the changed unit stats and the vastly expanded map.In a battle surrounded units will fight to the death more often than not,even militia hoplites.The enemy genera still almost always throws himself on your spears but i had a siege battle where two units of silver shield pikemen just did`nt know when to quit even though their general,elephants and the rest of their army were long gone,perhaps it was like this in vanilla,i can`t remember.According to a pop up message The Selucids are close to winning but i keep re-taking Hallicannus and Ephesus and they keep coming back.Am commiting more resources to this front pronto.
    Top marks to the animations guys on this version by the way,battles are a lot more cinematic.
    ;-)
    Last edited by johnswan; July 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added some general comments

This mod looks promising.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Also from the looks of the install instructions this is not yet mod foldered? Or does it override an other realism mod?
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast