Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RTR Project: Imperial Campaign v0.5 Released!

Default Re: RTR Project: Imperial Campaign v0.5 Released!

is there a way to use this mod without RSII environment?

my hardware is weaker.

Try doing the same thing you did with RTRPE II

ok I tried it, before copying I removed a same files and folders that you advised me in "RTR Platinum II patch" thread, but this time, every when I try to start a battle-----> CTD

Hmm I'm not sure what could be causing it. There was a lot added..

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure what could be causing it. There was a lot added..
    It's a pity.

so, I have no choice than return to your RTRPE II patch

0.6 Carthage is revised as

Are you going to develop Carthage in version 0.6

Yes, Carthage will revised in 1.0 0.6-0.9 are strictly betas for the team. 1.0 will be the next release.

nice to hear

Will wait

Hello here,

I'm glad to see this project is doing well. I have tried RTR VII recently and wanted to start an imperial campaign. It seems FO ans Extended Realism are down. Tried to install FO today, but the campaign would not launch.

Therefore, all my faith goes to your project. How much difference will there be btw FO and RTR IC ? I hope you'll keep the RTR VII features.

Please, do incorporate voices from EB if you can.

Thank you for your never ending work!

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    Hello here,

I'm glad to see this project is doing well. I have tried RTR VII recently and wanted to start an imperial campaign. It seems FO ans Extended Realism are down. Tried to install FO today, but the campaign would not launch.

Therefore, all my faith goes to your project. How much difference will there be btw FO and RTR IC ? I hope you'll keep the RTR VII features.

Please, do incorporate voices from EB if you can.

Thank you for your never ending work!
    First of all, thank you for your support.

Right now, as you can clearly see if you download the mod, we're clearly in development stage. The 0.5 version is, basically, a retextured vanilla, with better map, better looking units and better combat mechanics. We are, as we speak, adding new units to all factions, aswell as deleting the unhistorical ones. The final version will be VERY different from RTW vanilla, with new cultures, factions, stratmap models, etc...

In regards to your first question, I can't really say, since I've never played FO. However, we're not using much from them, so I would say that the final stage of the mod will be visually similar to RTRPE (the units' look), while, in term of mechanics, more like RTRVII. Yes, we're planning to maintain the main RTRVII features and expand upon them, making the game more challenging and rewarding for the player.

Finally, about the EB's voices, we will try to implement them if we can get the permission. However, be aware that EB's team is known by not giving many permissions to use their work.

I hope I could adress your points satisfactorily.

Oh yes you did. That's very kind of you.

I'll keep a close eye on the development here. I need to finish my campaigns on RTR VII to be a good critic of the works of yours.

All the best!

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

What difficulty should RTRP be played on?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Well, that is up to the player, really. The units are balanced for Medium, as usual, so, if you choose any higher, be prepared to face some tough elite units. Personally, I prefer to play in Hard/Hard (in Very Hard the AI troops receive so much bonus that I feel is unrealistic). I also am aware that some people in RS2 forums say that the Very Hard is bugged in campaign, making it easier than Hard. However that's not my experience and I can safely say that, at least in this mod, Very Hard is the hardest difficulty, both in battle and campaign.

Summming up, if you are a optimal player that likes an hardcore challenge, go Very Hard/Very Hard. If you want a challenging and fun campaign, play at Hard/Hard. If you prefer a laid back and relatively easy experience, Medium/Medium is the way for you.

Loving the mod, even with the vanilla factions, the balancing is very well done and the quality of the skins leaves me in anticipation of the next release! But I would just like to ask one thing regarding the superfactions, in particular that of the Celts. Are there any plans to have campaigns where you would only start off with particular provinces, such as only beginning with Galatia to represent a Galatian campaign?

Those are the exact plans my friend. Similar to RS2, we will be featuring swap campaigns

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

shoud the target line look like this?
    "D:\games\RTR PROJECT\RomeTW-BI.exe"-show_err -nm -mod
    can't get it to work?and deleted map;rwm and map heights hgt
    path not exist is the warning...

greetz
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Check the OP, it details the installation instructions for this version. This was our fist version and it was not modfoldered.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

have it working correct now.i forgot the "SPACE"and also copy/paste the data folder into the rtw data folder instead of the directory

nice mod i have to say,specialy this early in development.looks real good and is verry stable on my win8 pc.
    lots of resources on the map,only erea around rome shoud have salt imho.
    about the amount of units,i suspect there will be more in later versions of the mod...have military barracks and can recruit only 3types of infantry.

anyway nice work,and im looking forward to later versions
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast