Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOON's Hoplite and Legionairy Overhaul (overarm hoplite spear animations)

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: MOON's Hoplite and Legionairy Overhaul (overarm hoplite spear animations)

Radious battle mod compatibility would be very nice.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Default Re: MOON's Hoplite and Legionairy Overhaul (overarm hoplite spear animations)

Very nice work! Super cool stuff you got here. Thank you

Very nice work Moon!

I'm gonna ask you one thing my friend. Is it possible to release animations as seperate packs for such as Hoplites, Legionnaires and Phalangites. Because i loved your work so much but Phalangites imo (totally personal POV).

Thank you and keep up the good work. Even if you join larger projects please do not stop to improve your standalone mod.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; March 10, 2014 at 02:55 PM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Yes Moon, please hear us out about the separate hoplites .

please upload to a non-steam link
    >.<
    or any goos guy greg eilling to do the favor??

Quote Originally Posted by septboyboy View Post
    please upload to a non-steam link
    >.<
    or any goos guy greg eilling to do the favor??
    Moon doesn't seem to be around at the moment so I took the liberty of posting a non steam link myself. It's in the first page of this thread.

Igo's Avatar Libertus

Hoplite of Ilis,
    When I try to use your download link - it becomes a blank page, nothing like the mediafire pages Im use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Igo View Post
    Hoplite of Ilis,
    When I try to use your download link - it becomes a blank page, nothing like the mediafire pages Im use to.
    Really? I just clicked it and it takes me to a download page. Worked for another too. Strange.... Send an e-mail, then.
    Last edited by Hoplite of Ilis; March 13, 2014 at 05:52 AM.

quick qns, is this mod compatible with ToontotalWar's all in one?

I hope, Moon does not abandon this mod...

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I agree, he should release the overarm animation as a standalone. Pls do it.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I agree, he should release the overarm animation as a standalone. Pls do it.
    Thats what i am looking for exactly.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Would be great if this mod is included in Lines of Battle mod by Gunny, since it seems, imo,to embrace the philosophy of this mod: cohesion, formation, realism, history.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Would be great if this mod is included in Lines of Battle mod by Gunny, since it seems, imo,to embrace the philosophy of this mod: cohesion, formation, realism, history.
    I couldn't agree more!

This mod should be in vanilla shape for all modders to use freely. Where's Moon?.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    This mod should be in vanilla shape for all modders to use freely. Where's Moon?.....
    Yea where's he? I already updated the Hoplites and can't wait to use this mod as standalone!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

LEgio, reading the steampage of this mod, I've found a report with an issue I had: it seems that there's a conflict between this mod and other mods reskinning or adding hoplites. Same for me, I had some hoplites units without spear in their hand testing this mod days ago. This mod deserves more attention and I hope it will not remain "alone". It should be deeply used as a "must have" improvement to the battle mechanics of this game; as said I imagine it really on the same path of Lines of battle. Both working together, merged one into the other would give a great result.

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    LEgio, reading the steampage of this mod, I've found a report with an issue I had: it seems that there's a conflict between this mod and other mods reskinning or adding hoplites. Same for me, I had some hoplites units without spear in their hand testing this mod days ago. This mod deserves more attention and I hope it will not remain "alone". It should be deeply used as a "must have" improvement to the battle mechanics of this game; as said I imagine it really on the same path of Lines of battle. Both working together, merged one into the other would give a great result.
    That'd be splendid mate, but it requires some degree of cooperation and communication between the authors. But i totally agree with your thoughts,

if i use this roman formations mod with toons AIO mod, the romans do not throw their pilum. they put up their shields up and down...up..and down..yes they can fight but not pilums. if i remove the roman formations but keep the hoplites mod with toons AIO, romans throw their pilum perfectly...so some conflict between the roman formations mod and toon's AIO. If you cabn fix it please do as this is the only mod it seems with good roman formations

Thanks all!

Totally my bad that I didn't check this thread. I was waiting for patch 10 or 11, but now it seems that Im occupied with studying for exams, sorry. Also waiting for hannibal at gates to see if they add anything cool that I could work with (but it seems that it's not going to offer anything new ).

DEI will possibly have the phalangite concept in the future of their mod. I've already contributed some cool stuff like kneel with pilum in hollow square.

The hoplite phalanx needs a battle AI script for it's use (so that AI doesnt use the ability all the time) before DEI can incorporate it. Interlocking shields is another thing that can be done with simple adjustments to unit spacing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast