Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 0.8 Preview Thread

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 0.8 Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by danthemanbuddy View Post
    Will we be able to modify the unit caps if we play with 40 unit armies?
    Unit caps are for stack, so if you have two stacks they are naturally doubled, but if you edit your save file to have 40 units per stack you can at the limit double those requirements in the library of the stacks. It should be easy to do for everyone.

If you know how to modify a save file I'm sure you will be able to do this.

thanks for the answer Selea

omg this is awesome i am so exited now, thank you for all you hard work guys!

You guys should have made this game from the ground up. You know what you're doing!

Look forward to playing this! Thanks!

This is gona be so awesome, cant wait

Please make the Marcomanni a part of the Suebi faction, or at least delete the Marcomanni as a separate faction.
    If the Marcomanni exist as a separate faction, it would be best to divide the Suebi in allied tribes like the Semononi, Langobardi, Hermunduri, etc.

DRESDEN will the patch include the fix for the bug that is making the game crash when people press 'start battle' after setting out formations as discussed in depth on the bugs forum?

Cheers

First of all, fantastic stuff...but regarding not being able to retrain units, I'm assuming that applies to rome faction as well, or am I mistaken?

Cheers!

this looks wonderful! I may finally have reason to finally play a campaign beyond a few turns

@JohnChurchill So far I haven't encountered the bug in 0.8, but I can't promise yet.

@bebop77 Yes, you won't be able to upgrade pre-reform units to the next reform type currently.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    Britons have many very powerful units, but they will never begin to fight in formation or disciplined as Gauls, because they never did.
    I don't like the idea of this; the game is alternate reality... if I conquer half of Europe as Britannia and encounter Romans, Greeks etc then it would make sense that I would try and copy their tactics... perhaps form a legionary-type unit.

I don't like the historical-realism clamp that is put on this mod; I don't want you to add fantasy units, but simply give factions a chance to civilize and form organised armies..!

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Default [PREVIEW] Divide et Impera 0.8 Preview Thread

With the reforms, what happens to the technologies that we used to research to further our armies? Are they still there? Is something replacing them in the tree? Or do we now just have a lot fewer technologies to research?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Death from Anon View Post
    I don't like the idea of this; the game is alternate reality... if I conquer half of Europe as Britannia and encounter Romans, Greeks etc then it would make sense that I would try and copy their tactics... perhaps form a legionary-type unit.

I don't like the historical-realism clamp that is put on this mod; I don't want you to add fantasy units, but simply give factions a chance to civilize and form organised armies..!
    So why do you play this mod? We can't go with too much "if" scenarios, because this can give us some ridiculous stuff. Plus Britons had some time to adapt Roman fighting ways and they only shifted more into gueirella warfare, but did not adapt Roman tactics.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Looking good! Cannot wait to try this out

Quote Originally Posted by Crappy View Post
    With the reforms, what happens to the technologies that we used to research to further our armies? Are they still there? Is something replacing them in the tree? Or do we now just have a lot fewer technologies to research?
    They are still there. The upgraded barracks are still useful in each reform tier, as they will recruit the more elite units. Also, the technologies got a slight buff to compensate for losing the recruitment unlocks. The barracks stats are also changed for some factions.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    So why do you play this mod? We can't go with too much "if" scenarios, because this can give us some ridiculous stuff. Plus Britons had some time to adapt Roman fighting ways and they only shifted more into gueirella warfare, but did not adapt Roman tactics.
    He was voicing his personal opinion. No need to be a dick and jump down his throat really.

I for one agree with him. I'd like to see me able to reform my army to how I want and shake off the this is all you can use feel that you get in Total War. AoR units are also a way to go about it.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    They are still there. The upgraded barracks are still useful in each reform tier, as they will recruit the more elite units. Also, the technologies got a slight buff to compensate for losing the recruitment unlocks. The barracks stats are also changed for some factions.
    I've never unlocked the top tier Roman units... game ends before I get there.

When will this be released? I need to know so that I don't start a campaign with the old mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
    When will this be released? I need to know so that I don't start a campaign with the old mod.
    I was about to ask this as well - I'm itching to start a campaign but I don't want to start one too soon before the update...

We are still in the testing phase. While we are aiming for a release this week, we can't pinpoint the release date yet. It all depends on how testing goes and when/if CA releases patch 10.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast