Thread: Campaign in co-op mode, desynchronization problems ??

Laetus

Default Campaign in co-op mode, desynchronization problems ??

Someone give the campaign in co-op mode? It is that I've tried it with a partner and unsynchronized when passing the first innings. We have come to try only the mod of the DEI (6 parts) and yet unsynchronized. The factions were macedonia and Carthage, you sound? or nobody has problems in this game mode

Default Re: Campaign in co-op mode, desynchronization problems ??

Yes, not only DeI tho, but if you have issues like that, just try to give your savegame to your partner and it should be ok !

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by EpicFrench View Post
    Yes, not only DeI tho, but if you have issues like that, just try to give your savegame to your partner and it should be ok !

Yes, the problem is that even in the turn 1 already unsynchronized, not be already if it will be by the factions, as cartago that same unsynchronized more even

This is a CA problem, not DeI or mods ones...what I do is save during my turn and my mate do the same on his one. so if One savegame is ed up, we just have to reload the other one

Lil Advice: Never make a "quick save" because they will always get you into troubles of desyncs. (you know those saves before a battle starts)

Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    This is a CA problem, not DeI or mods ones...what I do is save during my turn and my mate do the same on his one. so if One savegame is ed up, we just have to reload the other one

Lil Advice: Never make a "quick save" because they will always get you into troubles of desyncs. (you know those saves before a battle starts)
    Is clear that you haven't just read the post above yours... Also, is perfectly that this is not the MOD, but if asked if it gave more problems with factions that I've mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeProject View Post
    I have read the "Welcome" post and I found this:
    * Cross-language desync:

This occurs when two people are playing a campaign, but are on different languages. The desync occurs on the first turn of the client, and will not notify the user. This is why you might not see any issues until a few turns into the game. The only way around this is to make sure that both the client and the host are playing the game in the same language.
    I do not think that it is because of this... but I will start there.The case is with 12 patch not giving so many problems, but with 13 up to the first turn unsynchronized

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by piro View Post
    Is clear that you haven't just read the post above yours... Also, is perfectly that this is not the MOD, but if asked if it gave more problems with factions that I've mentioned above.
    I have read the "Welcome" post and I found this:
    I do not think that it is because of this... but I will start there.The case is with 12 patch not giving so many problems, but with 13 up to the first turn unsynchronized
    It is possible that MP Campaigns with DeI desync more often than vanilla campaigns at least that is what I experienced. I recommend especially for MP Campaigns to use the standalone version and not the steam version.

I didnt post the link as a solution Just to show that many people have desyncs problems like you (or me).

I am pretty sure Tenerife Boy read the whole post because what he/she saying is true. Exchanging saves is the only semi-fix which is working sometimes. In my experience even that doenst help always.

The amount of desyncs increased starting with patch 12. There are different types of desyncs, i again suggest to read some threads in the posted sub forum. Besides that there is not much to say about desyncs. They are in the game and shogun2 had huge problems with it, but got it fixed to a degree to which the game is enjoyable. There is only hope that this will happen to Rome2 too.

Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day