Divide et Impera - 0.8 Release Preview
We hope to have 0.8 out for release very soon. Here is a preview for everyone to enjoy
- Reforms finally come to Divide et Impera! These reforms are unique to the mod and will provide an entirely new mechanic for recruitment.
- Over 100 new units including German, British, Celtic, Roman and Auxiliaries.
- Redone textures and rosters for Carthage, Rome and the Barbarian factions.
- An updated Campaign start with the return of faction intros, new starting armies and some completely removed factions.
- Army limits for units rather than global campaign limits (Player only).
- Improved Campaign AI, including better recruitment.
- Many bug fixes and other various tweaks.
- Thanks to Litharion and Patricius for their Sub-mod contributions.
Faction Overhaul Previews
- The Germanic Tribes (Suebi)
- The British Tribes (Iceni)
- The Gallic and Celtic Tribes 1 and 2
- The Romans
- The Carthaginians
- Current cultures with Reforms: Rome, Carthage, Celtic, Gallic, Iberian, German, and Hellenic.
- Reforms are based on two factors: Imperium Level and Turn Number. This is our baseline to get Reforms working and in the game. We may add more complicated triggers in the future.
- When a Reform for a faction occurs, new units will be available to recruit and the older versions will no longer be recruitable.
- The AI has different requirements for Reforms, they only require a certain turn number.
- Number of reforms - Rome: 3, Greeks - 2, Carthage - 1, Barbarians - 1.
- When a Reform occurs, the player will receive a message. For now, these are fairly generic due to limitations in the db files. Eventually we hope to have much more specific and historical Reform explanations.
- Romans have the most developed Reforms system, as per history and their importance in the game. Because of this, we have added multiple new units for Rome spread across all 4 Reform levels. Thanks to Patricius for letting us use some of his units from the Real Roman Army mod.
- Preview of Rome's Reform tiers:
- Greek factions (including Successor States) have the second most complex Reforms with 2. While the Successor states start with Pikes, the Greeks must hit their first reform tier to gain pike options.
- Preview of Greek Reform tiers:
- Each Barbarian faction (other than British) have 1 reform that has changes depending on culture.