Thread: Rather cool update on progress....

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default Rather cool update on progress....

Here y'are. I've been talking about the advances made in buildings and recruitment, generals/characters etc....

Auntie Mak hasn't said no, so I will show these shots - MASSIVE landmark for us, as designing the base system from scratch has killed poor Makmak.

Every little step is great, this is massive.

EAST EMPIRE...

BRAZEN CITY, Telmior Capital...

ATAKASH PROVICNE INFO INGAME

We have party balloons for happy places...!!

If she tells me off, then I will feel very bad, but please leave messages for her if you like the obscene effort she has put into this....

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Rather cool update on progress....

Looking good as usually!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Awesomeee!!!

I like them, and it sure beats finding or creating images for each individual building level and culture so good design call Mak.

Can't say I am a fan of those terrain textures in the first image though, they hurt my eyes.
    Last edited by alreadyded; March 03, 2014 at 02:39 AM.

BarnicleBill1
    Looking good as usually!
    Ta. Auntie Mak's done a great job...as ever

Stath's
    Awesomeee!!!
    Thanks for the enthusiastic support!

alreadyded
    I like them, and it sure beats finding or creating images for each individual building level and culture so good design call Mak.

Good. We made the decision to use icons mostly because of the factions contained within groupings - if you look at the weirder one, then you have 3 elf factions, Rhysthari and others....making buildings is impossible, so will be dealt with by other means to make them still individual. Besides that, it's somehow nicer. When we gave up and went back to recreating everything from scratch, it went quickly into shape; we also used Arardan's ideas for buildings in many places, so there's only one military building...you need supporting resources and buildings to manage to build various troops. The odd stuff (Mythics and Avatars etc) needed hidden resources too...so if you have Ferakine/cat-people and conquer abroad, you will still be able to integrate and make them in some places you capture, but not all. It's rather elegant, especially resource gathering and import/export of resources and goods made from them. When you conquer it takes time to be able to recruit properly (certainly powerful units) anyway.

I'm not entirely sure what's happening with differing cultures, regarding these, but I've had a very good idea on it.

Can't say I am a fan of those terrain textures in the first image though, they hurt my eyes.
    It's odd, as these look cool ingame, as do all of them, but they're very colour-rich. Again, not all. Ice is stunning, as is the Ildiri texture for the Kingdom of Herons.

oelewapper's Avatar Libertus

nice, I really like the idea of the icons, and they're well designed too! I'm so looking forward to this

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Looks great! Are you going to keep the vanilla settlements on the campaign map or used the models that are used in mods like TATW and Stainless Steel?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I love those icons for building, that is a great idea.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

oelewapper
    nice, I really like the idea of the icons, and they're well designed too! I'm so looking forward to this
    Good. We're going to try to use a border to represent the culture of the people who are able to build those ones. Might work may not, but we have 24 factions, seven cultures and ten religions, so any way of doing it has flaws that this partially bypasses-ish.

Mak made them using other stuff which we'll happily mention along the way. I have the joy of making the borders....

Ciciro
    Very succinct. Thanks

lax15
    Looks great! Are you going to keep the vanilla settlements on the campaign map or used the models that are used in mods like TATW and Stainless Steel?
    No. We're going to (mostly) make our own As much as is possible...

Glad you like it. I have some shots of prototype settlements for 3 places. Not sure where. Some will be reskins, some will have to be fully unique.

Shankbot de Bodemloze
    I love those icons for building, that is a great idea.

It's really the only way I think, and I'm very pleased it's working......was having nightmares over it...now portraits....ugh.

Can you look at the top few threads in the dev place? See if you can add or help?

Sol_Man's Avatar Laetus

It looks absolutely grand! I especially love the area bubbles, it really adds something in my opinion. I really love the amount of effort you guys put into this!

Making your own settlement models is even better! I didn't want to get my hopes high with all the other work that you guys are doing.

Sol_Man
    It looks absolutely grand! I especially love the area bubbles, it really adds something in my opinion. I really love the amount of effort you guys put into this!
    Thanks. That side is limited somewhat, but we'll do what we can for immersion overall.

It really isn't worth doing this at all if we end up just sticking anything in. If it was a massively well known thing, it would need less in some ways. Besides, people are nice about it, and it's best to live up to peoples' trust or hopes there.

lax15
    Making your own settlement models is even better! I didn't want to get my hopes high with all the other work that you guys are doing.
    Well, they're not that hard to make at all, in lots of ways. Battlemap ones are a different story, but we'll do what we can on them too; that's entirely down to Mak on unique ones, but the reskinning of existing mdels is no probs, just time consuming and slightly tedious, like battle banners. It's made more difficult by limitations on basic things, like cultures etc. This is probaby the hardest area to get round. If we had one culture per faction we could whatever we wanted, but we don't and work-arounds have to be found.

Again, though, support always helps and makes you look at what you're doing differently....

Great update!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thanks Nelduin. How's the Silmarillion thing going? (Anyone who doesn't know; they've done a Silmarillion mod to Lord of the Rings TW, on Rome 1's stuff)

I am finishing the last of the Minimod units. Two I think you'll be interested in are the Federation ones....

EUGENICIDE MARTYRS

CONCILIATOR KNIGHTS - sadly the dust mechanic has covered them up mostly.

Horses are placeholders...they'll be gone in a few days' time, replaced by MUCH more Federation-y ones.

Feds just have the PANDEMONIUMS to go.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Those are some mean looking, and awesome, units. Can't wait till this campaign is released.