Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Unity & Assassin's Creed Rogue

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Assassin's Creed V (No, the location/era has not been announced yet)

My bet is Victorian England. The pic seems to have an industrial revolution worker class feel to it.

I really liked AC4, got me back into the series after the booring pretentious 3rd installment, although there was plenty room for improvement.

The combat is going to be odd though, considering that in the latter part of the 18th century there is no excuse arming 2/3rds of the goons with swords any more. Unless they are like hooligans or something.

Also jack the ripper. Considering his victims where members of the the assassin orders long standing allies: Whores. He might be a major antagonist.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Assassin's Creed V (No, the location/era has not been announced yet)

A few 'leaked' screens in this link.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reve...ins-1547111652

French Revolution and/or Napoleon it seems.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Very very interesting.

And two games? I did not hear about this...I might have a fanboy heart attack.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Vive la France!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Kind of disappointed to be honest, would have prefered London.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Blog Entries

Don't worry Mhaedros. This doesn't necessarily mean there is no London. There could be more cities.

And we still have the second game to look forward to.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Victorian London would have been much better. Better atmosphere and location and a sufficient enough change from the past two games.

Although, I have always said that the French Revolution was probably equally perfect for an Assassin's Creed story as Victorian London. I remember being pissed off when they announced 3 because I thought they'd ruined their chance of having it set in Paris during the Revolution.
    I just hope that it's not just a reskin of the previous two games but with bigger cities.

There was an earlier rumour that the next game would be both Paris and London. Would make sense if it was around the Napoleonic wars which it seems it probably will be. Shame though because I think London will be a boring location in any era but the Victorian. What's interesting for me though is the game title. I'm seeing Unity and I'm thinking Assassins/Templar alliance? The idea has been hinted at in previous games.

Blog Entries

Unity makes me think of Connor trying to bridge the gap between him and his father/Templars. Maybe this will somehow be a legacy of that? Who knows.

I would not be surprised if they allied with eachother at least at some point in their history. Even the worst of enemies can always find someone to unite against...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity

If it had been set in Roman times, they totally could have called it "Assassin's Creed Vnity"

I guess they came to the conclusion that that would be a really cheap thing to do.
    Anyway, French Revolution kind of had an AC game coming for it, eventually. Simply too much potential for Templar vs. Assassins stories there. Also take note of the fact that one of the glyph puzzles in AC II revealed Napoleon to be in possession of a Piece of Eden, so it's probably going to show up if the Napoleonic Wars are covered, too.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    And we still have the second game to look forward to.
    Is there a source anywhere saying they're both on the major systems? It's more than likely just a handheld one

According to the link Shneckie posted above, it's one game for the new consoles and one for the previous generation consoles.

Blog Entries

Kotaku says their sources believe its a PS4/XB1 game and the a PS3/360 game, both likely also being on PC.

I kind of wish one would be handheld because I actually did enjoy Liberation quite a bit, though I did play it on the console.

I don't know. I guess we will see when we get an official announcement. I'm just happy we finally have something.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I would not have bought it if it was in London to be honest. I hated Victoria 2 because of its setting and I would have hated this for its setting as well.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Victorian London would have been the best. It's perfect for an Assassin's Creed game. Huge city, full of hundreds of iconic buildings and tonnes of fictional and real life events and characters and it's different enough from the last two games to feel worth it.

Revolutionary Paris would have been my second choice IF they hadn't made 3. Black Flag was amazing so I won't speak ill of it but there's the danger that this will just turn into a more urban version of 3.
    The French Revolution should have come before American Revolution. It was an infinitely more interesting period but it's just not going to have the same impact now.

Comes Domesticorum

Hundreds of iconic buildings is a bit of an exaggeration, lol.

I hope they portray L'Empereur as sort of a ruthless hero. He is one of my favorite historical characters.

However I am also very disappointed. This setting is way too similar to the last two games. I was hoping for something different.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I can't say I'm disappointed with the setting, can't wait to storm the Bastille . I don't think it'll be too similar to III or IV, especially with historical buildings like the Palace of Versailles or Notre Dame.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Can't say I'm too fussed either. Just glad it didn't turn out to be the Russian Civil War which I don't find very interesting.