Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Unity & Assassin's Creed Rogue

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I'm hoping it's more about freedom than the Anglo interpretations of the revolution as bad, extreme, etc.

The Anglo interpretation of the revolution isn't that it was bad. At least that hasn't been the interpretation by the English since the Revolution.
    Though I think anybody with any common sense can look back and see that it WAS bad because it was something that had the opportunity to be great but got hijacked numerous times by violent groups of people, resulting in one of France's worst periods ever and then a large period of probably the largest wars the world had ever seen then.
    It might have started with the best intentions but it's still pretty bad.

Comes Domesticorum

I like how you talk about the wars that Britain and her monarchist allies started as though they were France's fault.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I like how you talk about the wars that Britain and her monarchist allies started as though they were France's fault.

Well, the first batch of wars during the Revolution were all actually started by France.
    I'm not saying that they wouldn't have declared war on France eventually but they didn't start it.

France declared war on Austria in 1792 (I think) and the following year, declared war on Britain and the Netherlands. So I would say that France started those wars.

In fact, Britain didn't really have much to say about or do with the lead up to the Revolutionary wars at all.

Comes Domesticorum

OK Rory, whatever you say.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Best to not look at this thread untill november, when there is actual talk about the game instead of other gibberish

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Happy Birthday to our favourite AC character
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Can't wait, multiplayer seems promising. I've always wanted a coop mode in AC, the previous MP options were just bad, the game lost its charm due to this over saturated design with blue lights pointing out stuff everywhere...

the game lost its charm due to this over saturated design with blue lights pointing out stuff everywhere...
    A lot of games are doing that these days, everybody has some Assassin's, Detective's, Vampire or Digital visions, sights etc. Basically the game handhelds you, so you don't hurt your brain by thinking.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I never found Eagle Vision useful at all apart from when an objective pretty much required it.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Ubisoft - next gen starts here
    Oh please

Not all that impressed with video, but I do hope the player can command crowds in the game.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Release date for pc?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

A month after the consoles one would assume. That's the Ubi standard anyway.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Release date for console?

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

End of october probably.

Also, next gen has always been an empty term. If people choose to believe it, good for them. No different than the "new" gilette

Blog Entries

People don't watch videos to the end anymore, do they?

28th of October

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I've been liking the Assassins less and less.

Altair was cool but arrogant with little character or emotion and killed the people trying to stop the crusades.
    Ezio was awesome and helped eliminate corruption.
    Connor was constantly angry and murdered people for working as tax collectors. His Templar father was way more likeable.
    Edward was a thieving pirate and killed people for money.

Now the new assassin will be a murdering supporter of the French butch- errr revolution.

I think that Ubisoft's idea of the assassins is going from "people who want to educate the masses and bring peace through enlightenment" to "people should be able to kill for any reason and do anything they want except spy on people using ancient technology."

I'm getting the sudden urge to petition Ubisoft for Templars Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    An enlightened dictator that invaded the territories of other, less enlightened dictators, often with a surprising amount of popular support.
    Pretty certain one of the earlier AC's established him as basically being a third party. Which actually would be nice, everything being so dualistic gets rather boring and uninspired.
    There were some reasons for popular support, but it was certainly not universal. Spain got tired of him very quickly. All Russians hated him as much as they later hated Hitler.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deepstrike101 View Post
    I've been liking the Assassins less and less.

Altair was cool but arrogant with little character or emotion and killed the people trying to stop the crusades.
    Ezio was awesome and helped eliminate corruption.
    Connor was constantly angry and murdered people for working as tax collectors. His Templar father was way more likeable.
    Edward was a thieving pirate and killed people for money.

Now the new assassin will be a murdering supporter of the French butch- errr revolution.

I think that Ubisoft's idea of the assassins is going from "people who want to educate the masses and bring peace through enlightenment" to "people should be able to kill for any reason and do anything they want except spy on people using ancient technology."

I'm getting the sudden urge to petition Ubisoft for Templars Creed.
    Ezio also killed hundreds to get to one man in Cappadocia...People always seem to forget that.

The last trailer was really sad to see.. So much depth of field to hide the ugly textures, so much textures issues (ok the game is not finished, but devs are supposed to make trailers showing things already finished to make it look better), so much aliasing, atrocious shadows...
    The game has not been announced for old gen consoles but it looks like an XBOX 360 game from the top to the bottom. PC gamers, it is time to worry.

Anyway, everything we've seen so far is Arno killing soldiers of the Garde Nationale of Paris, the number one revolutionary force or even generals of the Revolution. Quite interesting considering he is supposed to help the revolution.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40