Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. If from the faction selection screen you can make any factions appear from any culture group. You can check from faction_to_faction_groups_junction an change faction_group_key for example change rom_macedon from rom_faction_group_successors to rom_faction_group_greek and now Macedon will appear in the same group as Athens, Sparta, Epirus and Syracuse.

You can remove the playbility actually. I usually do from start_pos_factions (table_launcher, not form_launcher).
    Le me indeed, but when I once remove all the factions from a group the game crushed .-.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Why do you want to remove a faction from a group ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

because in my mod I need only 6 factions, and I don't want the others be playable, but when I tried to remove Baktria/Seleucid/Ptolemaic/Macedon the game crushed(I only removed the sign from playable true or false)..

One other things, do you think that when I remove, completely, a faction, do I have to remove their aggreements with other factions like alliance/client state and so on?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

If they are still in the game but just not playable you only need to make them unplayable, nothing else. The easiest way to do is View > Form Launcher > starting_positions

Below the Honour box you see Playable box which is ticked. Just untick it (Is Major box too if you want).

If it crashed that means there's probably something else that you did before that.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

well..there were no problem before I removed the playability of Lusitani, that is from default the only one Iberian faction, when I removed it if I click on Grand Campaign(vanilla game) the game Crashed To Desktop .-. do I have to unclick on Major too?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    well..there were no problem before I removed the playability of Lusitani, that is from default the only one Iberian faction, when I removed it if I click on Grand Campaign(vanilla game) the game Crashed To Desktop .-. do I have to unclick on Major too?
    I'm not sure but I disabled both.

ok I'll try

Edit: No .-. nothing I need to able a mod "unlock all factions" to make the game not crash -.-"

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Ah, you trying to make unplayable factions to be playable ? You need to do some other stuff actualy. This is the tutorial using pfm but the same thing works with assembly kit.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Is-Not-Enough

Disabling a faction is much different than enabling a faction.

Ah, you trying to make unplayable factions to be playable ? You need to do some other stuff actualy. This is the tutorial using pfm but the same thing works with assembly kit.

Disabling a faction is much different than enabling a faction.
    nono, I'm trying to make unplayable factions that are playable xD

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I guess you issue is probably cause by other table you edited.

In any case I just made a quick test, disabling all playable factions and enabling Armenia.

Only 3 tables edited and all from View > Table Launcher.

1. Disabling all playable factions and enable Armenia : startpos_factions
    2. Creating political party for Armenia : political_party and faction_political_parties_junctions tables.

well I only change regions' owners so I touched other tables than this 3..

I guess you issue is probably cause by other table you edited.

In any case I just made a quick test, disabling all playable factions and enabling Armenia.

Only 3 tables edited and all from View > Table Launcher.

1. Disabling all playable factions and enable Armenia : startpos_factions
    2. Creating political party for Armenia : political_party and faction_political_parties_junctions tables.

Maybe I found the problem but I will not able to see if I'm right or not untill tonight xD
    I did not do implement the last thing you did because the faction that I was like to make playable is Cheruschi, that I have already "active" the cultures but not the map and description so I have to have active the "all factions" mod..
    Maybe is due to this?! :/

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Yes. You need political parties entries to make unplayable factions to be playable. Without all factions playable mod you can still load the game but it will crash when you want to start a new campaign, right ? It will crash before you even go into faction selection screen.To enable the unplayables, map and description is not important (to run) but you will need to add the 2 political tables entries for the faction/s.
    Last edited by LestaT; September 08, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Yes it crashed at that point!!!!!!!!!! D:
    So even if I want to add a new faction that has already active the political parties(like a greek state) I need to do what you did too?
    Really thanks mate.
    Really thanks.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Any factions you want to make playable EXCEPT those which are part of paid DLC like the Greek CUlture Packs, The Nomadic packs and factions that comes with HatG and CiG. It wont work.

Any factions you want to make playable EXCEPT those which are part of paid DLC like the Greek CUlture Packs, The Nomadic packs and factions that comes with HatG and CiG. It wont work.
    I don't really know what am I doing wrong..
    politcal parties https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Y...it?usp=sharing
    faction_political_parties https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Yf31D-Go9CRmlyUFUzMmxhMTQ/edit?usp=sharing

(how can you post the image here? I can not to get it :/)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

You can printscreen and upload to some igamegodting sire (imgurl for example). Anyway this is going off topic already. Maybe this thread is more suitable for unlocking factions.

It's for PFM but the principle is the same.

You can printscreen and upload to some igamegodting sire (imgurl for example). Anyway this is going off topic already. Maybe this thread is more suitable for unlocking factions.

It's for PFM but the principle is the same.
    thanks

I'm trying to just change the model for a general, specifically Agrippa in the new campaign. Can't figure out where / how to do that for, I'm at a total loss. All I wanna do is change the variantmesh it uses for a starting general -- why is this so hard to figure out???
    Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSiS View Post
    I'm trying to just change the model for a general, specifically Agrippa in the new campaign. Can't figure out where / how to do that for, I'm at a total loss. All I wanna do is change the variantmesh it uses for a starting general -- why is this so hard to figure out???
    Can anyone help me?
    I haven't found that entry in TWeak myself. You can do it manually (PFM) in the complied startpos under: compressed_data\campaign_env\campaign_model\world\faction_array\faction\character_array\character\character_details\character_details_art_set_info. The last of the five entries defines the varianthmeshmodel for the General/Admiral unit.

Hope it was of any help?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast