Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Did you deleted Etruscan character and units from startpos ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: How to Change Region Ownership and Add/Remove Armies using the Assembly Kit

Yes and I have changed the building(to roman cultures) too for the carthaginian settlements

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

When you give Etruscan region to Rome (in startpos_regions) did you disabled the Etruscan capital too (I think Velathri) ? There's a column which say capital and each faction should only have 1 capital (Rome by default only have Roma set to true).
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Yes yes I did, maybe I did not for another factions..I'll check it
    So the problem should not be the imperium level?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Nope. The only thing you need to check is only 1 capital per faction (startpos_regions) and factions which their regions has been replaced must not have a character in that settlement anymore (startpos_factions). You can still generate BoB with Rome having the original Carthaginian settlement and run the game fine.

We probably should make a thread of know error like the old games. Pretty much difficult though with -show_err console (like RTW) or error log like M2TW but if everyone can chip in their experience then we probably will have enough list to go by.
    Last edited by LestaT; September 03, 2014 at 04:45 AM.

Sure? Did I don't have to change all the settlements' buildings?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    Sure? Did I don't have to change all the settlements' buildings?
    If you want to make Rome starts with correct building, yes you have to do it but it is not necessary to generate BoB. The game will still play fine though when the game start Rome will have to build everything again.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    If you want to make Rome starts with correct building, yes you have to do it but it is not necessary to generate BoB. The game will still play fine though when the game start Rome will have to build everything again.
    Okok ^^
    Still thanks in advice!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

If it's still not working then it probably be another issue of different table you have modded. Best way is to delete the assembly and redownload new again and start from scratch, but make sure to make copies of raw_data and working_data just in case you need to redo stuff again (and not wanting to redownload).

If it's still not working then it probably be another issue of different table you have modded. Best way is to delete the assembly and redownload new again and start from scratch, but make sure to make copies of raw_data and working_data just in case you need to redo stuff again (and not wanting to redownload).
    There's a way to use a working startpos I have already created?

"Timed out. Couldn't locate launcher and game processes."

this is the error that BOB gave me when I do the final part of the "mod" when bob does "Process start post (main_rome)"

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Do you have steam rub when you process ? If you have run it on (it can be in offline mode) then BoB could not locate the launcher. BoB needs to run the game for it to process completely.

nono I run steam online when I use AK or BoB.. but it's strange because even if BoB display this if I have done all correctly the Startpos.esf file is created ahahha

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Does it contains your changes ? If yes you can ignore the error which is probably cause by another issue (better report it at official forum). Sometimes the startpos is generated but it is empty. There are times when I generate there' no error and BoB process successfully but actually the new startpos was not generated. Only the mod pack. Still have no idea what cause that though.

okok good, I will report it ^^
    Thanks for all!

Miles

Got a big problem after using this method here, I changed starting settlements / deleted many factions, in fact for Epeiros, Rome, Carthage, Macedon, Seleucid, Ptolemies and Parthia.
    Now all the settlements look like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309842552
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309842534
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309842512

How can I fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    Got a big problem after using this method here, I changed starting settlements / deleted many factions, in fact for Epeiros, Rome, Carthage, Macedon, Seleucid, Ptolemies and Parthia.
    Now all the settlements look like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309842552
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309842534
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=309842512

How can I fix this issue?
    You have to do the most boring part of the mod..
    in start_pos_settlements
    you have to modify the entry adapting them to the equal of faction's possessor ^^

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by melwasul View Post
    You have to do the most boring part of the mod..
    in start_pos_settlements
    you have to modify the entry adapting them to the equal of faction's possessor ^^
    Can you give me a little explanation what is meant by "modify the entry adapting them to the equal of faction's possessor"? It's my first day modding around Rome 2 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This tutorial will show you how to change starting region ownerships using the Assembly Kit. It will also show how to add and remove armies and characters.

Starting the Process

1. Download the Assembly Kit tools from Steam.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. Navigate to your steam\common\Total War Rome II\assembly_kit\binaries folder. Do not start the Tools through Steam. If you do start them through Steam, make sure to delete the text file that is created in the binaries folder (steam.txt or something similar).

3. Inside the directory (assembly_kit\binaries) you will find a program called TWeak.AssemblyKit. Run this program.

4. Once Tweak starts, click Tools - DAVE - DAtabase Visual Editor. Click Yes when prompted to connect to the database.

Changing Region Ownership

1. Now, click View - Table Launcher.

2. Find start_pos_regions and double-click it. It will open a new window that contains the table.

3. For this tutorial, we will be giving the Etruscan lands away to Carthage and Rome. Who needs those pesky Etruscans anyway? In the start_pos_regions table, find the regions you want to change. You can sort by region name if you change the Sort by: Underlying to Sort by: Display Text. This can be helpful in finding the regions.

4. For our example, the regions are Alalia (Corsica), Velathri (Etruria), and Ariminum (Picenum). We want to change the "owning_faction" column from rom_etruscan to either rom_rome or rom_carthage.

5. Make sure to also change the "faction_capital" column for Velathri from true to false. Anytime you make a region ownership change, make sure that the faction who receives the region has only one faction capital set. In this case, we have to change Velathri so that Rome doesn't have 2 faction capitals.

6. Click "Apply" in the top right corner of the table. The program will now apply the changes.

7. Now that you have changed region ownership, you will want to change the buildings in that region also. If the new owner of the region is the same culture as the old owner, then you can skip this step. For example, since both Etruscans and Romans use the rom_Roman building chains, you don't have to change the buildings in Velathri or Ariminum. However, since Carthage uses the Hellenistic buildings, you will need to change Corsica's buildings.

8. To change buildings, go to Table Launcher and double click start_pos_settlements. In that table, find the settlement you want to change. For our example, we want to change the row that starts with settlement:rom_corsica_et_sardinia_corsica:alalia.

9. Each settlement's entry has multiple building entries. These include primary_building (the main city building), port_building (if its a port), and then 5 building entries for the various slots. You will want to change all of these entries to the new culture type (most settlements only start with primary_building and building1).

10. To change the buildings, select the name and scroll down to find the same type for another culture. For our example, we want to change rom_Roman_city_minor_fish_1 to rom_Hellenic_city_minor_fish_1 and the port entry to rom_Hellenic_port_minor_food_2. Now, click Apply in the top right to save the changes.

*Note: In some cases you may not find an exact correlation for a building type you are changing. In that case, you can change it to something similar in the other culture.

that's what You have missed xD

Miles

Thanks for quoting this, but I've done that already, changed every settlement with different culture to the same building of the other culture. Sadly I don't understand what I have done wrong.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast