Thread: editing the AOR of the mod.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default editing the AOR of the mod.

Is it at all possible to edit the aor of the mod? i believe the file that would need to be edited is the export descr buildings.txt file. The thing i want to do is basically remove all of the byzantine units that are in the 1500 campaign as it is historically anachronistic. The byzantine empire was already destroyed 50 years earlier and it makes no sense that the ottomans would recruit units that were basically destroyed with the conquest of Constantinople. I also want to add the recruitment of ottoman units, such as the sipahis, sipahi lancers, dismounted sipahi lancers, ottoman infantry, serdengecti (not sure if im saying that right), osmanli piyade, and etc to the entire balkan region. Please could someone help me with this endeavor?
    Last edited by Joseon194; February 24, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Default Re: editing the AOR of the mod.

Put a ; in front of every line you don't want the game to read.

recruit_pool "Byzantine Unit" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1

->

; recruit_pool "Byzantine Unit" 1 0.67 4 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1

See what hidden_resource is required for the recruitment of the units you want and add that hidden_resource to the regions you want to be able to recruit those units from in data\world\maps\base -> descr_regions.txt

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

descr_regions.txtexport_descr_buildings.txt hey if its not too much trouble, could you check over the two files? I did what you said and I can't start the mod now. It just goes to the splash screen and then ctds.

*nevermind
    Last edited by Joseon194; February 25, 2014 at 05:12 AM.

Does "*nevermind" mean you got it working? The log will tell you what the problem is.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

yea i figured it out ^^

howyouknow215's Avatar Libertus

Hey sorry to bug you but do you think you could help me turn off the AOR? The main reason I installed this mod was for the samurai because my pc's too weak to run shogun 2 I'd really appreciate it!