Thread: Disable survival script?

Default Disable survival script?

Couldn't find this in any other thread, and couldn't find where this was in the game files. Anyways, is there a way to disable the survival script? Hope it's save game compatible, but even if not I'd prefer to get rid of it. Where is it located, and which lines do I need to delete? Thanks for any info/help.

Besides wanting to get rid of useless factions that can't die or re-expand, it also screws with the factions around them. In my game as Rome, Pergamon has been chased onto Chalkis (the island next to Athens) for many many years. This caused the Greeks to keep 2-3 stacks in the area, trying to attack every turn and getting peace forced on them for several dozen turns before it stopped. The Greeks are still a powerhouse of course, having taken Pergamon's territory from Macedon, but I'd rather have the game flow naturally. Especially if I was talking about say, Boii or Dacia being reduced to a last city, and 2-3 factions were wasting stacks for dozens of turns in the middle of the map.

Default Re: Disable survival script?

but I'd rather have the game flow naturally
    In my experience, there is no such thing as a natural flow in RTW. I "cheat" at times taking AI regions and giving them to another weak AI, just to balance things out. Despite diplomacy and AI being terribly broken, its still one of my favorite games and i just accept its faults.

I'd imagine you just have to scroll through the script and delete the survival part.

To disable it I believe it is in the important folder in the RS install.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Now I'm thinking it would be amusing to keep some pet factions around, unable to do anything but sit there and watch me rule the world.

Like a faction on the edge of death, I force them to accept a settlement on a lone island, and then take all other settlements so they can never harm anyone.

You could even try to make a "wall" to block off areas if there's a region you can give to such a faction, and the AI will never move past it as they can't conquer the settlement.
    Last edited by Alavaria; February 27, 2014 at 01:53 PM.