Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Edward in Gaul 1340 A.D (Hundred Years War Mod for Caesar in Gaul Campaign)

Default [WIP] Edward in Gaul 1340 A.D (Hundred Years War Mod for Caesar in Gaul Campaign)

Set in 1340 A.D., this mod will hope to provide a historical, well-rounded early 100 Years War experience.
    Currently in the very early stages.

Mod Team
    - 'Gunny, GrudgeNL, Dresden

Mod Information
    - The mod will begin in 1340 A.D., when the territorial lines had been drawn and battle was inevitable.
    - It will feature a redone campaign map with the historical factions of the time (see below).
    - We will attempt to recreate the political and territorial situation as best we can given the map constraints.
    - Completely reworked campaign systems (buildings, characters, tech/politics, etc.)
    - Totally new unit rosters and militaries.
    - All new models by GrudgeNL, including medieval weapons, armor and (possibly) animations. Here is an example of a warhammer:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Preliminary Campaign Map

Possible Playable Factions (subject to change):

Kingdom of England - King Edward III - When Charles IV of France died in 1328, the nearest male in line to the throne was Edward III of England. Edward had inherited his right through his mother Isabella, the sister of the dead king; but the question arose of whether she should be able to transmit a right that she, as a woman, did not possess as only men could be monarch. An assembly of the French aristocracy decided that the nearest heir through male ancestry was Charles IV's first cousin, Philip, Count of Valois, and that he should be crowned Philip VI. The establishment of a legal succession to the French crown was central to the war and Edward III and succeeding generations of English monarchs lay claim to it.

Kingdom of France - King Philip VI - After some initial reluctance, the seventeen-year-old Edward III (in his capacity as duke of Aquitaine) paid homage to Philip VI in 1329. Gascony formed the ancestral core of the English, which had been incorporated into Aquitaine. Gascony was not the only issue, loyalties in the low countries were split. In Flanders the towns were dependent on supplies of English wool, whereas the aristocracy supported the French king. Another element was one of Edward's influential advisers, Robert III of Artois. Robert was an exile from the French court, having fallen out with Philip VI over an inheritance claim. In November 1336 Philip issued an ultimatum to the seneschal of Gascony threatening that if Robert of Artois was not extradited to France then great peril and dissension would follow . When Philip confiscated the English king's lands in Gascony and the county of Ponthieu the following year, he laid emphasis on the case of Robert of Artois as one of the contributing causes.

Bretagne: Montfort and Blois - The War of the Breton Succession was a conflict between the Counts of Blois and the Montforts of Brittany for control of the Duchy of Brittany. It was fought between 1341 and 1364. It formed an integral part of the early Hundred Years' War due to the involvement of the French and English governments in the conflict; the French supported the Blois whilst the English backed Montfort.

Duchy of Burgundy - Although not as large of a player early in the Hundred Years War, this faction would become a prominent force. The death of Duke Odo IV in 1349 left the survival of the duchy dependent upon the survival of the young duke, a child of two-and-a-half, and the last of the direct line of descent from Duke Robert I.

Holy Roman Empire - A large conglomerate of multiple territories and ethnicities, the HRE had many client states and political entanglements involved in the Hundred Years War.

House of Savoy - What would eventually become the Duchy of Savoy, this family held varying territories. They eventually spanned well into Italy and the Alps.

House of Luxembourg - Led by John the Blind, Count of Luxembourg and King of Bohemia, this faction allied with France and was a vassal of the Holy Roman Empire.

Genoa - A major trading port and economic power for centuries, Genoa was a major player on the Italian political scene. Even though the Black Death would severely hamper its rise, Genoa eventually adopted a system of government similar to Venice and would continue being an important trade center.

Other Minor Factions - HRE Vassals (Brabant, Flanders, Hainaut, Moselle), French vassals (Perch, Bourbon, Auvergne, Narbona, Roergue, Auch), English vassal of Gascony, and others such as Navarre, Dauphine, Provence, and Milan.

Feedback and Help
    - Feedback and ideas are always appreciated. We will be posting more as we complete it.
    - We will be posting any positions open for other modders who may be interested in helping once we get things organized properly.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 24, 2014 at 03:19 PM.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Re: [WIP] Edward in Gaul 1340 A.D (Hundred Years War Mod for Caesar in Gaul Campaign)

Congratulations on the announcement, very ambitious, very exciting!

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [WIP] Edward in Gaul 1340 A.D (Hundred Years War Mod for Caesar in Gaul Campaign)

This sounds awesome! Good luck with it! Any rough ideas about the unit rosters and things like that?

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Director

The current idea is similarish to Medieval 2's rosters, but roster design is still being heavily worked on and suggestions are quite welcome.

Hey, do you guys some want more help? I already have some assets in my mod, more than just knights. They are free to use and if you can give me some good sources, I can easily adapt the assets to the appropriate era.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Hey, do you guys some want more help? I already have some assets in my mod, more than just knights. They are free to use and if you can give me some good sources, I can easily adapt the assets to the appropriate era.
    Yes, absolutely I know we can use the help as we move forward, its going to be a large overhaul.

Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

Looks very interesting Guys can not wait to play it once you guys get the ball rolling best luck to you +rep
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

VINC.XXIII's Avatar Retired

Would be awesome

Just: ""Haute Burgonge (Burgundy)""

""Duché de Bourgogne"" was and is the correct term. Duchy of...
    The sceal with the CoA at 1340(Eudes IV of Bourgogne)

Upper Burgondy was another fief not really related to the fief you want to depict in your mod
    A map that can also help

The ""Duché"" was under French suzerainty, while the ""Comté"" was an imperial fief. In despite both were held by the capetian couple Countess Jeanne and Duke Eudes IV. The result was the Dukes of Bourgogne were both vassals of France as vassals of HRE.

Good luck with this mod, perhaps I will buy Rome2...humm
    The Third Samnite War, a Total War: Rome 2 mod on pre-roman Italy

Patronized by phoenix[illusion]
    [/SPOILER]

Laetus

2 questions.

> Will I need the Gaul DLC to play this when it eventually comes out?

> Will you include the Teutonic Order/Knights? That would spice things up a little.

Keen overall though I always preferred Medieval over Roman times.

Can't wait to recreate the Battle of Agincourt. Its always great to see ambitious modders out there.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Brilliant idea,I really do wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGetBuck123 View Post
    2 questions.

> Will I need the Gaul DLC to play this when it eventually comes out?

> Will you include the Teutonic Order/Knights? That would spice things up a little.
    As to the 1st I am certain you will need the Gaul DLC,as to the 2nd that would make no sense whatsoever.

Will you be reflecting the nature of war at this time by giving the French maybe higher unit sizes to make up for the ridiculously powerful Longbow?

And are you sure having Gascony as a vassal faction is a good idea?
    Last edited by Jezza93; February 24, 2014 at 03:48 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Excellent, the first medieval campaign mod for Rome II. I'll look forward to this.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Great, looking forward to it
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Dresden you just forced me to buy Caesar in Gaul ( which I will when this mod gets released )

Cant wait for this.

+rep

My desktop goes out for a few days and I miss the awesome news. I'll try and see if what I can pull up with regards to rosters in the future.

No one ever looks in WIP ha, other wise this would have a thousand replies by now

Ciciro's Avatar Can't make up his mind

I'm looking forward to this.
    Eupator Dionysius

Nelduin's Avatar a.k.a ALG & echuu

Excellent! Thread subscribed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast