Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA euro 2016

Default Re: UEFA euro 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    WC 2010, Serbia vs Germany.

Thats what international friendlies do to you - injuries Our best player of the last week has gone off with a torn groin. Yippie Yeah!
    Haha I remember that game. It was hilarious to beat Germans and lose against Australians. However I don't think it's quite possible to be attacked with knife by Serbian drunken fan firstly because few fans could afford to pay trip to SA. Secondly Serbia won, drunken fan didn't have reason to attack you, unless a) he is brain dead b) you did something extremely stupid and provoked him. Thirdly how do you know he's Serbian?
    I call for bias.
    Last edited by Petrucci; March 06, 2014 at 05:33 AM.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Haha I remember that game. It was hilarious to beat Germans and lose against Australians. However I don't think it's quite possible to be attacked with knife by Serbian drunken fan firstly because few fans could afford to pay trip to SA. Secondly Serbia won, drunken fan didn't have reason to attack you, unless a) he is brain dead b) you did something extremely stupid and provoked him. Thirdly how do you know he's Serbian?
    I call for bias.
    1. Who said anything about traveling to SA? It would've been insanely overpriced vacation during the Vuvuzela-World Cup.

2. Oh I just forgot to ask him about his reasons. Pardon me. Crowd troubles only arrives when the team is loosing? You should ask Treva here.

3. I don't know. Perhabs because he wore a Serbia-kit and spoke "a presumably balkanese language."

Biton's season is over. Absolutly gutted. What a pitiful season.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; March 06, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

1. Who said anything about traveling to SA? It would've been insanely overpriced vacation during the Vuvuzela-World Cup.

2. Oh I just forgot to ask him about his reasons. Pardon me. Crowd troubles only arrives when the team is loosing? You should ask Treva here.

3. I don't know. Perhabs because he wore a Serbia-kit and spoke "a presumably balkanese language."

Biton's season is over. Absolutly gutted. What a pitiful season.
    WC 2010, Serbia vs Germany.
    2. Most of the time, or unless you are doing something really indeliberately. Else he had no reason to attack you.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Aye, because it's so much more logical that two european supporters would travel to South Africa to watch some overrated, tired matches than to clash in a european city after a fiesty match.

Nice that yer so empathic man.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

and few months later same serbian team loses in Belgrade 3-1 to Estonia (sorry serbians, but i will going to rub this in your face for loooong time)
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Aye, because it's so much more logical that two european supporters would travel to South Africa to watch some overrated, tired matches than to clash in a european city after a fiesty match.

Nice that yer so empathic man.
    True I was a bit harsh on you. I thought you are using opportunity to talk non-senses about my country, like this dude did. Looks like I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meelis13 View Post
    and few months later same serbian team loses in Belgrade 3-1 to Estonia (sorry serbians, but i will going to rub this in your face for loooong time)
    We have some serious ups and downs . We managed to lose against teams like Armenia who never beaten any Europeans and Kazakhstan who never beat anyone So sorry mate, but you are just not so special
    Last edited by Petrucci; March 09, 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Citizen

We have some serious ups and downs . We managed to lose against teams like Armenia who never beaten any Europeans and Kazakhstan who never beat anyone So sorry mate, but you are just not so special
    FALSE! Armenia has beaten european sides and strong ones on top of that. According to wikipedia (i know, but its rarely wrong about football), Armenia's largest wins are vs Andorra (not impressive), vs Slovakia (away, september 6th, 2011) and vs Denmark (also away, june 11th, 2013). All with score 4-0. plus 2-1 away win over Czech republic in 6th september 2013 and 2-1 win over Bulgaria in 11th october 2013.

thats all within 3 years, so i deem your claim, that Armenia has never beaten european side, false. They have and not the weak ones (czechs and danes arent weak)

FALSE! Armenia has beaten european sides and strong ones on top of that. According to wikipedia (i know, but its rarely wrong about football), Armenia's largest wins are vs Andorra (not impressive), vs Slovakia (away, september 6th, 2011) and vs Denmark (also away, june 11th, 2013). All with score 4-0. plus 2-1 away win over Czech republic in 6th september 2013 and 2-1 win over Bulgaria in 11th october 2013.

thats all within 3 years, so i deem your claim, that Armenia has never beaten european side, false. They have and not the weak ones (czechs and danes arent weak)
    You needed 3 days for that?
    We didn't lose,but draw against them on 13.10.2007 . Stupid team can't do anything right

Citizen

We didn't lose,but draw against them on 13.10.2007 . Stupid team can't do anything right
    touchè.

nah, the reality was i just wasnt checking this topic for few days

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

We drew against them too and it ended up costing us a trip to WC 2006.

I think it's some sort of Balkan footballing thing where you are not a full member unless you fail to beat Armenia
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    We drew against them too and it ended up costing us a trip to WC 2006.

I think it's some sort of Balkan footballing thing where you are not a full member unless you fail to beat Armenia
    And only true Balkanians can accomplish the ultimate task , unaccomplish to beat Armeina.

Citizen

Seems like very interesting rumour has been surfaced by "Telegraph" few days ago. As Skonto stadium in Riga, home stadium of Latvian national football team isnt up to new standards (it would take 300 000 euros to fix it- small money in football in general, but question is more of in time), Telegraph speculates that latvian team home games will take place in A Le Coq arena (Tallinn, Estonia) instead.
    It probably wont happen, but its interesting to see it even being speculated

spain-france final

or france - brazil

Citizen

I will bump this topic just to ask your prediction: which of european stars that wont play in 2014 WC will play well in Euro 2016?

I predict we will see Reus (injury) and Ibrahimovic (Sweden failed to qualify) doing great things in euro 2016.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I'm highly skeptical about the new 24 team and hosting formats. Repeatedly traveling across one country can be tiring, now imagine having a game in Lisbon today and one in Baku 5 days from now.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    I'm highly skeptical about the new 24 team and hosting formats. Repeatedly traveling across one country can be tiring, now imagine having a game in Lisbon today and one in Baku 5 days from now.
    I'm actually optimistic about the changes. I think 24 teams generally corresponds to Europe's tournament-level talent. Here are the teams of UEFA ranked by coefficient; if we were to be lazy and qualify the top 23 teams by coefficient (France is already qualified naturally) you can see an example of a 24-team EURO field. Not a bad group. I feel like this field will give us a few more surprise teams but also allow more of the better teams to qualify.

It is expensive and difficult to host big tournaments, especially now that EURO is expanding to 24 teams. Realistically the only countries that can host such tournaments with relative ease are the the usual suspects in the west. I feel like the multiple-hosts format makes it easier to spread the tournament around the continent as well as reducing the cost of hosting. Macedonia had no chance to host a EURO before, but now it is one of 17 bids (of which 12 will be successful) to get games. If I recall correctly, you're Romanian (?), and I think Romania is probably going to get games for 2020. Lisbon => Baku is the most extreme example and I doubt they would organize it in such a way.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

(czechs and danes arent weak)
    Not so sure. Our national team has had abysmal performances for many years now with few and mostly irrelevant exceptions. It's nowhere near the classic 80-90's era, but I think it's improving now.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I can say same (for reason- im Estonian). For Estonia, every opponent is beatable (though in England's and Switzerland's case its going to be very hard- but as we showed vs dutch, its possible). But of course, that is only the case, if team managed to wake up from wc 2014 qualifiers letdown. Personally i am really happy about San Marino- been wanting that draw for over a decade now (as it really should be a easy game in which i expect lot of goals).

I do feel sorry for latvians though- they got really tough group, especially if Iceland can keep up good form.
    Don't celebrate too soon, we (Slovenia) have a competent coach now, don't expect to win a game against us. Switzerland is a nasty 2nd seed though, they took world cup finalists to extra time.

I have never known a time when the England team is expected to do so little, even so they managed to come below our minor expectations in the world cup and I honestly think we will struggle in this group, cannot see us topping the group with switzerland in it and there are plenty of other tough games