Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA euro 2016

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

Default UEFA euro 2016

Today draw for UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers took place. As you may already know, 24 teams in total are qualifying for UEFA Euro 2016 (including France as host)- 2 best from each group+best 3rd placed team will qualify directly and 4 rest will become clear in play-offs. Qualifiers will be part of new concept- game week.
    Groups are following:

A-Group

Netherlands
    Czech Republic
    Turkey
    Latvia
    Iceland
    Kazakhstan

B-Group

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Belgium
    Israel
    Wales
    Cyprus
    Andorra

C-Group

Spain
    Ukraine
    Slovakia
    Belarus
    Macedonia
    Luxembourg

D-group

Germany
    Ireland
    Poland
    Scotland
    Georgia
    Gibraltar

E-group

England
    Switzerland
    Slovenia
    Estonia
    Lithuania
    San Marino

F-Group

Greece
    Hungary
    Romania
    Finland
    Northern Ireland
    Faroe Islands

G-group

Russia
    Sweden
    Austria
    Montenegro
    Moldova
    Liechtenstein

H-group

Italy
    Croatia
    Norway
    Bulgaria
    Azerbaijan
    Malta

I-group (5 teams only)
    Portugal
    Denmark
    Serbia
    Armenia
    Albania

So, what do you think of groups- who will qualify, who will not? I will also try to update table after every gameweek
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Default Re: UEFA euro 2016

First impressions I'm very happy with England's group but I'm not too keen on the 24 team format that they've changed it into, much prefer to keep the 16 team format as the group stages are far more interesting with 2 teams definitely going home at the end of them.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
    First impressions I'm very happy with England's group but I'm not too keen on the 24 team format that they've changed it into, much prefer to keep the 16 team format as the group stages are far more interesting with 2 teams definitely going home at the end of them.
    I can say same (for reason- im Estonian). For Estonia, every opponent is beatable (though in England's and Switzerland's case its going to be very hard- but as we showed vs dutch, its possible). But of course, that is only the case, if team managed to wake up from wc 2014 qualifiers letdown. Personally i am really happy about San Marino- been wanting that draw for over a decade now (as it really should be a easy game in which i expect lot of goals).

I do feel sorry for latvians though- they got really tough group, especially if Iceland can keep up good form.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Wow, for the time in like ever Romania gets the easiest group possible.

Overall all groups look very balanced, with the exception of Spain and Germany. But that is to be expected.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Group D is the group of death IMO. Group B is the easisest on, no competition for Belgium in group phase.
    Serbia got medium difficulty group,it will be fun.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Group D will be a stroll for Germany and Poland and Scotland are not teams they used to be. Group A o nthe hand looks tougher, with the Netherlands, a resurging Turkey, Iceland (who almost made it to the WC) and the Czechs - who despite poor form are always dangerous.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Nah the group of death is the last one I group... You put Portugal, serbia, and Denmark... i have no doubt Portugal is the favorite, but Serbia, and Denmark, are not easy teams.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Nah the group of death is the last one I group... You put Portugal, serbia, and Denmark... i have no doubt Portugal is the favorite, but Serbia, and Denmark, are not easy teams.
    Serbia has rather poor form lately, thus i'd favour Danes here. But you are right- Serbia aint easy to beat

True, but it has good potential. If we manage to consolidate our team we could preform really good in I group.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

I wouldn't underestimate Armenia - remember that they beat Denmark 4-0 in Copenhagen in 2014 WC qualifying. Albania also has a good squad with some promising young players. It should be an interesting group, plus you have the Serbia-Albania rivalry.

I'm quite happy with Macedonia's group, Ukraine and Slovakia are quite weak so we could try to challenge them (probably won't, but still).
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Quote Originally Posted by Meelis13 View Post
    A-Group

Netherlands
    Czech Republic
    Turkey
    Latvia
    Iceland
    Kazakhstan

B-Group

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Belgium

Israel
    Wales
    Cyprus
    Andorra

C-Group

Spain
    Ukraine
    Slovakia
    Belarus
    Macedonia
    Luxembourg

D-group

Germany
    Ireland
    Poland
    Scotland
    Georgia
    Gibraltar

E-group

England
    Switzerland
    Slovenia
    Estonia
    Lithuania
    San Marino

F-Group

Greece
    Hungary
    Romania
    Finland
    Northern Ireland
    Faroe Islands

G-group

Russia
    Sweden
    Austria
    Montenegro
    Moldova
    Liechtenstein

H-group

Italy
    Croatia
    Norway
    Bulgaria
    Azerbaijan
    Malta

I-group (5 teams only)
    Portugal
    Denmark

Serbia
    Armenia
    Albania

So, what do you think of groups- who will qualify, who will not? I will also try to update table after every gameweek
    Methinks the ones with red will qualify.
    Last edited by white-wolf; February 25, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

^ Switch Austria with Sweden and Slovakia with Ukraine and i'll agree.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Erebus Pasha's Avatar vezir-i âzam

Turkey should be sick of the site of the Dutch by now white wolf.

Easy group for England - if we don't qualify after playing against that lot then some serious questions have to be asked.

Which clown picked out Serbia and Albania to play each other? Poland and Germany might be tasty as well.

www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/
    Under the patronage of the Noble Savage.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Pasha View Post
    Which clown picked out Serbia and Albania to play each other? Poland and Germany might be tasty as well.
    I'm afraid there isn't any rivalry between Germany & Poland anymore and competitivly, they're both destined to qualify. Scotland & Ireland to brawl over the 3rd.

You still get the retards that prolong the hostility but it's the place where most of their players earn their €, with a few polish-born/descending players being part of the german national team and most polish fans I've met are fine with it. Other case than the irish armchair Up-da-RA brigade that supports Man Utd/Liverpool I've experienced.
    Last edited by Cold_Mac; March 01, 2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus Pasha View Post
    Easy group for England - if we don't qualify after playing against that lot then some serious questions have to be asked.
    Switzerland aint going to be easy opponent, even for England. And if that is the attitude England team faces Slovenia and Estonia (which i doubt) then it can very well happen, that England finishes 4th- both Estonia and Slovenia have shown in recent years what underestimating them can cause.
    So dont say its impossible for England to not reach Euro 2016 as it isnt. While true, chances for that are very slim, it is still possibility

For once Bosnia seems like a an almost clear favorite , I don't watch football but if those guys qualify they will be my fav underdog .
    Which clown picked out Serbia and Albania
    Maybe after that incident in Italy , UEFA/FIFA are testing Serbia's football union , to see if they can control their fans.Since in the WC qualifiers they were in the group with Croatia and Macedonia (and surprisingly there was more problems in Macedonia)Because if they can't handle Albania and Croatia than they can say goodbye to international competition.

It might not be the best idea for all concerned parties to "test" serbia's fans. No doubt the majority are alright and a non-issue, but the troublesome quarter seem very troublesome and I wouldn't trust their FA.

Might just be personal prejudice. The only dangerous physical (football & non-football) confrontation I ever encountered was when a drunken serbian fan attacked me with a knife during the 2010 WC. And they won that delightful game 1:0.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.

What are you talking about Cold_Mac ? At what game has the drunken Serbian fan attacked you with knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    What are you talking about Cold_Mac ? At what game has the drunken Serbian fan attacked you with knife?
    WC 2010, Serbia vs Germany.

Thats what international friendlies do to you - injuries Our best player of the last week has gone off with a torn groin. Yippie Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    It might not be the best idea for all concerned parties to "test" serbia's fans. No doubt the majority are alright and a non-issue, but the troublesome quarter seem very troublesome and I wouldn't trust their FA.

Might just be personal prejudice. The only dangerous physical (football & non-football) confrontation I ever encountered was when a drunken serbian fan attacked me with a knife during the 2010 WC. And they won that delightful game 1:0.
    I'm not surprised at all .
    Common 2010 WC 1:0 , if you followed Serbia's football team then you ought to know , it's their only significant victory .

Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast