Thread: Sins and Atrocities

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Default Sins and Atrocities

Hi there,

sometimes I really like to skim through threads on the official CK2 forums and read about peoples experiences with the game. There is the strangescreenshots thread, post your own empire
    and of course the hall of fame. However I haven´t found a thread dedicated only to the evil a player has done or experienced in the game.

So I´m opening this thread for everyone to post about his or hers darkest deeds, grimmest revenge or shocking experience in the cruel and Machiavellan world of CK2.

My own little story of a recent event. (I´ve added information about the characters in the thumbnail).

It´s Anno Domini 1169, the 5th year of the reign of King Henry III of House Karling. Sad news, Marie d´Anjou, duchess of Anjou and ruler of the county Anjou just died, giving birth
    to her second child, a boy named Tigau. As his older sibling is a girl, the infant becomes the new Duke of Anjou. Henry, who has been waiting for an oppurtinity to expand his dynasty
    into the other dukedoms of his kingdom, sends messengers with great gifts for the young duke. Among the messengers is Bishop Hamelin of Aumale, the kings renowned diplomat.
    He is here to ask for the dukes older sister, Ioulanda of Anjou, hand with Prince Henry, King Henry´s III 2nd son. The Nobles of the Court are delighted, as Duke Hubert of Brittany
    had been laying his greedy eyes on Anjou for a long time. A marriage with the royal family would mean guaranteed protection against the barbarians from the end of the earth.
    In a few days the details of the betrothal are sorted out and celebrations commence.

In the deep of the night, where the light of the festivities does not reveal the secrets of dark minds, Bishop Hamelin treads towards his true purpose. He is here to meet with
    Foulques of Jargeau, the regent of Anjou. When Foulques steps out of the shadows, Hamelin hesitates for a moment. There are many dark rumors about this man. His father was
    a low knight, valued by the former Duke for his skill with the sword as well as with coin and his scholarship, rarely found in such men. But where his father had been virtuos, diligent and
    brave, Furques was a deceitful coward, who could care less about justice and would have sold his own sister, if the poor thing hadn´t died already. But his quick mind and silver tongue
    had earned him the trust of the duke´s mother. But now she was dead and without her Furques would be unprotected from various wronged nobles. Only too eager had he accepted the
    kings offer when it was delivered. Finally, Hamelin takes a step forward. Words are mumbled, gold exchanges the owner, a short shimmer in a pair of eyes.

The next morning the silence of the castle is broken by shrill cries. The little lord makes everyones ears ring with cries of fear. Furques is up, rallying the whole castle. His feinted worry
    for the well being of the infant doesn´t deceive Hamelin over his disquiet for his own skin. The Bishop decides he had enough of celebrations and takes leave for the nearby village, to
    hold mass for the people there. As the sun goes down , hamelin stays up, looking at the castle and praying. In the morning his prayers are interrupted by the ring of churchbells.
    Their sad sound can only mean one thing, the duke has died. Bishop Hamelin closes his eyes.

This world is too cruel for children....

Feel free to post your own stories!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bishop Hamelin.jpg   Ioulanda.jpg   Duke Tibaud.jpg   Duchess Aude.jpg   Foulques.jpg  

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Sins and Atrocities

You killed my father, prepare to die. (I dont want you snitching)

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

It's always great to kill off all of your children until you get the heir with the best traits, or when the Pope won't give you a divorce, so as it goes: "until death do us part". Sometimes you need to speed up the process
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

All of Ireland was mine, finally after 100 years of strife and brutal civil war we were nearly a single united nation. Then news reached my court, my trusted Earl of Ulster, my Marshall, best friend and brother-in-law had risen against me.
    To so many of the rebel lords of the south had i shown mercy. To the Catholic heretics i'd shown mercy. To half-a-hundred lesser revolters I'd shown clemancy. But not this time.

As his castle's and homes burned i took my brutal revenge.
    I threw his wife into the dungeons where she died after decades of imprisonment. Every one of his supporters was beheaded or stripped of their lands. Those who still supported the Papacy i burnt. He had five children, only one of age. The youngest four i executed, the eldest, a boy, I spared.
    I threw the Earl into the dungeon and stripped him of his ranks. Disinherited and paupered I now engaged his son to my 14 year old daughter- matrillinarly.
    For the ex-Earl- I made him my court jester.
    He lived anouther 25 years, serving my court for entertainment. While his son. Now MY son, sat next to me at my table and was forced to laugh at his father's folly and treason lest his own head be struck from his shoulders. Thus after his death did his family line die out, extinguished root and stem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.