Thread: I need your helps, Pls have a look on my thread

Default I need your helps, Pls have a look on my thread

Hi everybody, First of all, I would like to say thank to the forum and all people who had give me the RoT mod. I downloaded the mod , everything was very good. But there are some small problems that I truly need your helps. I used to play three kingdoms mod of Rome total war. But this is a new mod that combines with medieval 2. Therefore, I don’t know how to made few adjustments (lack of skills L) . By the way, my English skills are still not good ^^!

Pls download the file word, I try to present here, but i don't know why it i cannot post it ??
    Pls help me, i'm crazying about this mod, thank all you ^^!

Default Re: I need your helps, Pls have a look on my thread

Hi everybody, First of all, I would like to say thank to the forum and all people who had give me the RoT mod. I downloaded the mod , everything was very good. But there are some small problems that I truly need your helps. I used to play three kingdoms mod of Rome total war. But this is a new mod that combines with medieval 2. Therefore, I don’t know how to made few adjustments (lack of skills L) . By the way, my English skills are still not good ^^!
    1)
    Here, you see on 1st , the picture, the avatar of Zhang fei, it is not him, pls tell me how I can change the picture as I used to play three kingdoms total war in Rome total war.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Overall, I would highly suggest visiting the Medieval II Mod Workshop for tutorials and resources on various aspects of modding your game files. Many of the things you asked for help on are very complicated and you can seriously mess up your game if you make mistakes. I know that English is not your first language, however the Mod Workshop will be your best bet

1) Unit Info Picture: In order to change the info picture that is displayed for a unit, you must change the .tga file for that unit. The file for Zhang Fei's buqu is JiangJun_ZhangFei_info. This file is located in your Three_Kingdoms/data/ui/unit_info/france folder. You will have to provide your own picture for the change you want. The picture you wish to use should have dimensions of 191x280 and must be in .tga format.

2) Unit Size: Please refer to this thread, specifically my post. The hard coded max number per unit is 254 --> 250 soldiers plus 3 officers and the army leader. Cavalry and siege units usually cannot not achieve these numbers.

3) Shu Officers: Our mod aims for historical accuracy, so that is why Ma Chao, Zhao Yun, and others do not start with Liu Bei at the beginning of the game. If you have all of the patches for this mod, if you start as Liu Bei you will be given the option to undertake a series of mission that lead him to Shu. During those missions, you will acquire the Five Tiger Generals and other characters. However, if you want to have Ma Chao, Zhao Yun, and other characters start with Liu Bei, then you must make modifications to your descr_strat file. I'm not going to explain in great detail, but what you must do is move the specific character's entries in descr_strat so that they are listed under france. In addition to this, you will need to set new starting coordinates for them and give them units that are available to france.

4) Unit Availability: This is a very complicated process, and involves modifying both the export_descr_unit and battle_models.modeldb files. You will have to refer to a tutorial found in the Medieval II Mod Workshop.

5) Reinforcements: An army is only allowed 20(?) units on the field at a time. If you go into battle with a full stack of 20 units, then your reinforcements will be delayed and can not take the field until room has been made by routing or retreating units.

6) Sound Files: This is a complicated process as well, and again I must refer you to a tutorial in the Medieval II Mod Workshop.

7) Attributes: Here is the Wiki entry for the export_descr_unit file. All of the attributes available to units are listed there. A warning, however, that not all attributes can be given to any unit.

You are very welcome, and I hope you have a nice day as well!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thank for all your answers, they are very useful for me. ^^!. I completely understand 6/7 answers.
    For the question 5th, maybe you did not understand what I mentioned. I mean that how all your army can join the battle. For example, my general with 1 general unit and 19 other units (1). I use (1) to attack my enemy. There are other my units and generals (2) near (1). How can the other units (2) join the battle ( they will be controlled by the computer). There was always a delayed message when open the battle.
    In rome total war, I remembered, at the same situation, my general unit with 19 units (1) and other my units and generals (2) can join the battle together. 20 units (1) were controlled by me, the others were controlled by the computer (automatic attacking the enemy). I remembered that, I just need to change a file called preferences file (in the folder of rome total war).
    TERRAIN_QUALITY:HIGH
    EFFECT_QUALITY:HIGH
    VEGETATION_QUALITY:HIGH
    KEYSET:0
    UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE (change false>>true)
    CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA_SMOOTHING:TRUE
    CHAT_MSG_DURATION:10
    USE_QUICKCHAT:FALSE

But in medieval 2, I don’t know how to do that, is there any preferences file like rome total war?
    Thank you ^^! And good night, In my country, it is 2am now ^^!,

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

In your Medieval II Total War folder, you will find a file called medieval2.preference.cfg . Under the [game] section, you will see an entry like this: unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1 . If it is a 1, it is set to 'true'; if it is a 0, it is set to 'false.'

Another thing I thought of, was the pre-battle screen (where you can decide to fight, auto-resolve, or flee). If you have reinforcements, and you want to control them, you have to un-check the box next to your reinforcing general's portrait. There is always a chance that reinforcements can be delayed but, to be honest, I don't know what those conditions are.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thank you a lot, Now, I understand how to adjust my game ^^!,

once again, thank you and all people. wish the best thing for all you guys ^^!.
    i'm just a new member but all you guys help me so much ^^
    I love this forum so much,
    Thank you and have a nice day ^^

Hi, I am a newbie. I love game about Romance of the Three kingdoms. Thank you very much, RoTK team. That mod is awesome.
    I played Koei game RoTK 12 and I like RoTK 12 officer's portrait. I think those portrait express characteristics of character very closely.
    Eg. Cao Ang - Cao Cao'son. His poitrait is scene when he give his horse for his father.

So I want to change uint_info pic to RoTK 12 officer poitrait like this :

So I also want to change officer's poitrait too. I found officer's portrait at data/ui/custom_portrait,but there are so many folder has name A001,A002... hard to find what folder contain Cao Cao or orther officer's portrait .
    And one problem is, not famous officer like Sima Liang or Liu Ye use same tga file zhongyuan_bow unit info:

Would you tell me how those file works. These is any description file like descr_character_portrait.text or descr_character_unitinfo.tex
    Thank and best regard!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The road to picture happiness is a long one

I will use Siam Lang as an example:
    open data\text\names.txt and look for his name
    you will find this entry - {J-0119-SimaLang}Sima Lang
    If Sima is present from the start of the game look into ...\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt, otherwise look in campaign_script.txt
    Search for the entry in brackets - J-0119-SimaLang
    You will find this line with the name of the portrait: character J-0119-SimaLang, named character, male, age 32, ,x 128, y 105, portrait A088, battle_model wenren
    A little bit lower is the first 'unit' line with the name of his buqu: unit JiangJun_ZhongYuan_Da exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    You will find the portrait folder in the ...\data\ui\custom_portraits folder
    The buqu picture (buqu name plus info at the end) will be in this folder: ...\data\ui\unit_info - simply do a search with that name in the unit_info folder. You will find several pictures and it gets a bit difficult - go back to the file where you found Sima Lang's buqu and scroll up until you come to his faction's name (england). The buqu for him will be in that faction's folder (data\ui\unit_info\england)

The description for the buqu you will find in data\text\export_units.txt, simply search for the name of the buqu (JiangJun_ZhongYuan_Da). There will be three lines: name of buqu, long description, short description.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 14, 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Thank for your advice. My problem is I thought all script files stored in data folder.
    Create own game is more exciting than playing game.