Thread: help for the rebellion

Default help for the rebellion

i have a quenstion.
    i play with kingdom of italy kingdom of napoli and kingdon of sicily and when I try to rebel to switch from monarchy to republic does not ask me if I want to ally myself with the rebels or remain loyal to the government. how to solve the problem?
    Thank you.

Default Re: help for the rebellion

Quote Originally Posted by lince View Post
    i play with kingdom of italy kingdom of napoli and kingdon of sicily and when I try to rebel to switch from monarchy to republic does not ask me if I want to ally myself with the rebels or remain loyal to the government.
    The question is: Are there any rebel forces that you could side with? If not, than probably no units have been allocated to the rebels, as of yet. If this is going to be fixed with the upcoming version, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundil View Post
    The question is: Are there any rebel forces that you could side with? If not, than probably no units have been allocated to the rebels, as of yet. If this is going to be fixed with the upcoming version, idk.
    thanks for the reply, I tried with the main factions and during the revolution the panel gives you the ability to choose whether to ally with the rebels or remain loyal to the monarchy, with the minor factions instead you see a panel that tells you only the revolution , without giving you the possibility to choose whether to remain loyal to the monarchy or ally to the revolution. So in the next pathc there will be the possibility of siding with the revolutionaries or the loyalists for minor factions?
    Thank you.

Are there any rebel forces that you could side with?
    So, I tryed with Kingdom of Italy and with Sicily. Yes, you get the rebells, but not a revolution to chose the government type.
    The way that allows you to change the government type by causing unhappiness on purpose and disbanding your troups is ridiculous and unrealistic anyway. And one of the main goals of NTW3 is to strive after realism.

And one of the main goals of NTW3 is to strive after realism.
    a good reason then it should be allowed the opportunity to side with the revolutionaries, at least in the kingdom of Naples, since in this period saw a revolution before and immediately after a counter as mentioned here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthenopean_Republic .
    from the kingdom of Naples passed to the Neapolitan Republic, and soon after by the Neapolitan Republic again in the kingdom of Naples. these events should be made ​​possible if this mod follows the historicity.

instead of a possible revolution in england is historical?
    revolutions really happened in the realms of southern Italy are not possible. instead in england you can switch from kingdom to republic? I'm sorry but I do not seem very historical.

I see, but that's outside the mod's timeframe (1805-1812/15). I don't know, whether it's possible to let a revolution occur in other (minor) nations than those (major ones) that are playable originally, or if this is hardcoded.

I see, but that's outside the mod's timeframe (1805-1812/15). I don't know, whether it's possible to let a revolution occur in other (minor) nations than those (major ones) that are playable originally, or if this is hardcoded.
    thank's for the reply. the last question:
    do you know if there is a way, as in empire, to pass a minor faction in a faction primary? and if so, how you do?
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by lince View Post
    do you know if there is a way, as in empire, to pass a minor faction in a faction primary? and if so, how you do?
    Idk, I haven't tryed it myself. But there are some tutorials (about startpos editing etc) and tools in the modding workshop.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

CA provided very limited & basic diplomatic options for NTW, the main emphasis is on fighting the battles. Civ V on the other hand has some advanced diplomatic options, but the battles are sorely lacking
    The Rebel units were put in place by CA to slow down the rapid advance of players and keep them from steam rolling across the map. You would often face a rebel force that was much larger than the original army defending that region complete with 12 pdr cannons & heavy cav. We've made the rebel units smaller but still a force that can not be ignored. The new Area of Recruitment (AoR) in v4 will slow down the rapid advance and make the resupply of fresh troops a priority for campaign armies.

You will still encounter size able rebel armies when invading the regions of major factions.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; May 07, 2015 at 03:18 PM.

I find increasing lacking the so called great idea CA's NTW. Especially in the diplomatic side of things and of governments. In that case ETW had and has more options. Also in my present campaign playing spain, I wanted to get rid of King Carlos III and get the "Prince of Peace" Manuel Godoy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Godoy. as a better diplomat to barter peace with France. But nothing on that plan. Besides the death of King Carlos III, and get some unhistoric person. Though he's a better dipolmat, but war with France is too deep now.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    I find increasing lacking the so called great idea CA's NTW. Especially in the diplomatic side of things and of governments.
    As mentioned in my post above yours, diplomacy is not a strong point with NTW. CA just programmed the basic necessities for campaigners.
    Now if they could hire Sid Meier to program the diplomacy (as he did for Civ 5) then you'd really have something
    Last edited by Lord Davn; May 08, 2015 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    As mentioned in my post above yours, diplomacy is not a strong point with NTW. CA just programmed the basic necessities for campaigners. Now if they could hire Sid Meier to program the diplomacy (as he did for Civ 5) then you'd really have something
    Indeed, or even some Europa Universalis IV, mixed with Victoria 2 and Crusader Kings.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

yes, take the tactical battles of Europa Universalis IV, mixed with the diplomacy mechanism of NTW!