Thread: [Submod] Legions

Icon1 [Submod] Legions

ROMAN LEGION MOD

If you enjoyed the unique region specific legions of Roma Surrectum and the texture mod from kazeil Romans then this mod is for you. This mod will add 20 unique legions to rome. Each legion will be region specific and will differ in appearance from one another. Each legion will have customized shields, hamate or segmenteta, and other uniform items taken from actual examples. The customization will be more complex than just tweaking the unit color db chart or just adding shields to cloned units as all other Roman mods do. There will be three upgradable variations of each legion: legionary, Legionary Cohort and Imperial Legionary. You can follow the progression of your units from pre-marian and, republican legions, marian legionaries , then on to Augustin and imperial era legions. Custom banners for each legion and first cohort with eagle. Some units will be equipped with cold weather gear depending on their location. This mod will include variations of Kaziel textures and a few others as well. There will be total of 124 new units: 20 legions with 3 upgrade versions, 20 first cohorts with 3 upgrades as well, Republicans legionaries, Roman Marines and Marine auxilla(on ships only).

Other Features:
    Longer tech research (sorry no imperial units before you leave italia)
    Generic core units such as hastati generic legions, cav etc.. use kaziels textures
    DO NOT RUN ANY OTHER MOD WITH KAZIELS TEXTURES WITH LEGIONS
    Numbered legion textures are enhanced versions of kaziels work.
    Custom Marine legionary on all ships
    Formations

IMPORTANT

"To play this mod with DEI you need to download the file DEI&LEGIONS from the link, then extract and replace the files on \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data folder (make sure you keep a back up of your original DEI FILES so you don't need to download them again in case something "funky" goes on).

D.E.I LEGIONS
    Download Link:

http://www.filedropper.com/deilegions_4

After downloading make sure you subscribe to the 5 Legions files on steam and tick them on your mod manager (as well as ticking the DEI ones too)
    Legions 1 of 5 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...scn=1392775724
    Legions 2 of 5 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=227601893
    Legions 3 of 5 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=227601940
    Legions 4 of 5 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=227601855
    Legions 5 of 5 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=227601832

The link for the TWC is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...AN-LEGIONS-MOD

This is not my work, this mod was designed and developed by ITLEONARD all credit goes to him, I am just posting it here because I think is a great addition to DEI

Note: As far as I know you need to use steam to use this mod, however I may upload the pack files I use through mediafire, if the community request it. (I never uploaded anything with mediafire before, but can't be that hard)

Cheers mates & Enjoy
    Last edited by andrewdrakelive; March 22, 2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: changed link for the DEI&LEGIONS file

Default Re: [Submod] Legions

Please don't post other people's work.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Deaken View Post
    He thought it would be a great addition and he even gave full credit to the Author, whats the problem?

I asked permission from the author and he agreed, I don't see how promoting his work is a problem

The problem is the author isn't here to provide any support for future patches. He's already created a post in the main mod forum where he has several regularly updated links for both vanilla and DeI users. So, unless andrewdrakelive plans on updating this post regularly with changelogs and links(which he may), people are going to be downloading incorrect patches. The author's posts on both this website and Steam are already inundated with people having issues with a really simple installation. It would just be better and simpler if the author themselves posted and controlled their mods.

Another reason is it sets a bad precedent. There's already numerous mods on Steam available for download that users uploaded on their own accord without the author's knowledge. If the modder wanted their work on a particular site they would add it there. To be honest, I really don't care all that much. It just gets annoying seeing several posts on different sites for mods that don't belong to the poster, especially when the comment sections are filled with people having issues and the author isn't even available to assist. I know itlenorad gave the ok for this post so it's over. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Deaken; February 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

The problem is the author isn't here to provide any support for future patches. He's already created a post in the main mod forum where he has several regularly updated links for both vanilla and DeI users. So, unless andrewdrakelive plans on updating this post regularly with changelogs and links(which he may), people are going to be downloading incorrect patches. The author's posts on both this website and Steam are already inundated with people having issues with a really simple installation. It would just be better and simpler if the author themselves posted and controlled their mods.

Another reason is it sets a bad precedent. There's already numerous mods on Steam available for download that users uploaded on their own accord without the author's knowledge. If the modder wanted their work on a particular site they would add it there. To be honest, I really don't care all that much. It just gets annoying seeing several posts on different sites for mods that don't belong to the poster, especially when the comment sections are filled with people having issues and the author isn't even available to assist. I know itlenorad gave the ok for this post so it's over. Enjoy.
    Ah, yes thanks for informing, but there is not really a problem here as you said, because the Author gave permission.

I don't mean to be picky but there is no need to have DeI in 4 parts when your not uploading it to steam. Now I would fix this for my self but sadly PFM stopped working for me since I moved my Rome2 installment to my SSD while having the assembly kit on my HDD and I cant move it to my SSD since I'm at the 30% minimum space on it

Can anyone do this for me?

EDIT: Nvm I'm getting crashes fighting as Rome in the campaign so I won't even bother. Also the creator of this mod did a very good job.
    Last edited by Denco; February 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Hey thank you for posting this here its exactly what I was looking for but could you please update the download for there is now a fith part of DeI. Would be cool
    thx Riffler

I will check if there is updated files, but the DeI team has created their own legions, so there is no need for you to use this mod. Besides as far as I remember this file modifies the lua scripting and that would mess with the reforms

Quote Originally Posted by Riffler View Post
    Hey thank you for posting this here its exactly what I was looking for but could you please update the download for there is now a fith part of DeI. Would be cool
    thx Riffler
    Sorry for the late reply Riffler, my steam became a mess after patch 10 came live, and I could not use most of my mods, you can download the 5 DEI&LEGIONS here http://www.filedropper.com/deilegions_4 (is also updated on the OP) However you are better off using Dresden's Historical legions mod I assume. I am not personally using this mod anymore