Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Blood & Roses; A Campaign Mod for the War of the Roses Era

Civis

Default Re: Blood & Roses; A Campaign Mod for the War of the Roses Era

That bad this mod looking great. Like Used2broz tried geomod and bare geomode with just vanilla basic files to test your map. If it dont even start than you know it something with your map. After add thing by thing. And if it crash with geomod it a good sign it will crash on the game too. It even have a debug tool in geomod for invalid location of ressources, port. It help alot and to work the map it really easy, you can even switch between region, height, terrain with just one click. And even paint like a layer. You can add a lot of basic thing real easy too like city andgeneral. Finaly you can almost do a working mod just with it!
    I will say keep the basic thing and add them with Geomod it should not very long if the map work.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

The problem lies within the map itself. You see the map has several colours on it which have no reference in the descr_regions file.
    Also there are several entries not valid in the descr_strat file..
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Civis

For the colors problem can you just not bucket fill the bad one with one of the 200 colors you didnt used for the region map? The longest part of doing a map are the terrain map. For the region the longest thing it to draw frontier after you can just bucket fill or change colors easily.
    And again geomod tool help with descr_strat. Some descr_strat error are often on the game logs too. Some time it no so hard to find error in that file. The geomod tool will crash near 79% if it have invalid thing in the desc_strat when you load a mod in it. You can see all % crash when loading the tool in the geomod tool manual near the end.
    So what I do when it crash near 79% it to make a backup of a working version of the file and every time you ad thing and it crash near 79% you can spot the line by adding few line at the time or delete few line at the time. Than do reload try and error. If you test every time you add thing you can fix error like missing coma or little thing you can miss with the eye easily that geomod is sensible to. So you know which lines to look for the error.
    The debug tool of geomod can help find some error too. The tool dosnt help for every files, but for the 4 majors maps and descr_strat files you should try it for sure, it real easy it like a map editor of some others game have.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Can someone not just take this over and bring it back to life. GOT is out and yet what it is based on my be died in the water

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Is this mod still in development? Reason I'm asking as it's an interesting time frame for a mod and I started working on a mod for this theatre based off the vanilla british Isles campaign map and don't want to create a mod someone else is already working on.

If no one is working on this and as it would save tremendous amounts of time are the mod leaders willing to let someone take this on and finish it? I'm not sure if my envisioning will line up with what was originally thought or not but would really like to get a good mod out there for this period. I have mainly an idea for gameplay, with coding/scripting/programing what I get paid for day to day at work, to make this or a similar mod very realistic based on the period. I am able and am willing to create this mod or finish this started mod.

If the original members of this mod can be reached let them know I'm saying this as I've been working for 2 months on a similar mod before I found this thread. I don't want to continue my work if I can work with the founders of this mod to give a well polished mod that will imerss you in the World of The War Of The Roses.............

Lancaster or York....back your King wisely

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So I assume this mod is dead then?

Some one for the love of god, just take over this great projected!

Someone is doing "Albion" which think is around the same time and really looks good.

No Albion is set in the High Medieval just before the Scottish war of independence around the 13th Century, this is war of the roses set around the 15th Century in the late Medieval. For the love of the god, leadhead
    save this mod.

this mod was first started in 2010, its 2018 now...this is long dead

2 questions? 1. Does anyone have the download link for this mod? 2. Can I have permission to use this mod for any upcoming mods that I may do in the future?

CloneCaptainJoe's Avatar Laetus

^^^^^ Yeah I need this mod badly