Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Blood & Roses; A Campaign Mod for the War of the Roses Era

Tighes_Hood's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Blood & Roses; A Campaign Mod for the War of the Roses Era

Looks superb cant wait until i get to play it

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Tell me you're still going with this awesome stuff? XOXO
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    *creeps back in to say hi*

pleased to see this is still progressing.

I had to drop out, my old eyes and hands can't cope with text editing any more.

I do have a nice new monitor and upgraded PC though so playing this should be a doddle.

I've tried out a kingdoms crusade campaign without problems, and I'l probably do a britannia one too just to get into the swing of things.

Sadly i don't have any of my notes I used to have or files

I had a major clear out and they went along with all my stainless steel stuff.

Still have my source books though.

Has anyone had problems with the new steam version of M2TW / kingdoms. I read some mods won't work with it ?

I have steam but haven't included M2TW in it.
    Just got back from another business trip. Yea, that Steam problem might be what is mucking around with the last Alphas compatibility issues. I actually work "around" Steam altogether over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    Tell me you're still going with this awesome stuff? XOXO
    YES. We are just hampered by the fact that I've been getting pulled back in to work abroad over and over again so much. That and our original mod leader's disability onset.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; March 31, 2015 at 08:59 PM.

cant wait to see this. I've only just found this thread but I've thought for years why didn't TW make a WOTR add on considering they even did the Vikings! how soon could we be looking at and please tell me ill be able to download this via torrent?

Quote Originally Posted by chris.k View Post
    cant wait to see this. I've only just found this thread but I've thought for years why didn't TW make a WOTR add on considering they even did the Vikings! how soon could we be looking at and please tell me ill be able to download this via torrent?
    What makes the Wars of the Roses seem less appealing to the general demographics baffles me as well. Not just in games, but in most media. It took the Game of Thrones TV series (not even the books) to get the GP appetite ready for the WotR material (such as White Queen) that George Martin drew on.

But what confuses me re Total War omission of the period, is that the underlying structure of the M2TW game, including the Battle AI, appear better suited for it than any of the other periods that the Grand Campaign encompasses. It is as though the studio built a game about the WotR, and then replaced the setting with everything else medieval for hundreds of years pre and post.

In other news; Though I have returned to my home studio since last week, with NO further business travel date set for months (Yaaay!), I yet have some work to catch up on here. Once I've swept it away I'll be resuming trying to get the build to launch again.

And as you can see, we have our Mod Leader back. Unfortunately his health does not permit him to work at the computer in a manner conducive to modding. We will continue to call myself, Sandy, and any others who contribute to B&R as members of the Rozteam. It seems likely that we can still count on him for our Alpha and Beta testing phases, as well as for his historical knowledge of the period.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; April 05, 2015 at 11:56 PM.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

If I can be of any help, let me know, I'm not too well informed on the period, but I am very interested in it, and do know how to conduct historical research and have a good general base of knowlage to build on.

(Id offer more practical help, but I'm only just getting the time to try modding, and i'm struggling with skins as it is, so... XD)
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Live2sculpt, nice to hear the good news.

A quick update on my part. I have been busy modding my own mod in the past couple of months, mostly mapping and text-editing. I am now learning Autodesk Maya and I am almost done with a basic male body with proper topology (can be used to get high-poly models for rendering), unlike any model you get in Milkshape. I am now getting more and more comfortable with it, almost to the same degree as with Milkshape. It is probably not going to add any value to the mod, and may in fact slow me down. However, I feel I need to learn Maya so that I can continue doing 2D/3D-graphics as my hobby in the future. In any case, I will have to use Milkshape as intermediate tool due to lack of direct conversion tools. Once we have a stable version, I will be able to quickly produce many units based on the 3 armour levels I already made adding many more in the process. Inter-faction variation can be simulated by using different colors (main color + secondary color for each faction) on tunics, brigantines and banners, and possibly some AOR troops with different weapons. These models can be easily converted into stratmap models (with lower detail) for captains, generals etc.

I have also made new stratmap textures for all ground types and models such as trees (bigger and denser, yet less polygons - less lag). Such aesthetic things can be ported at the later stages into the mod, if required.

Sandy

release soon? i cant wait for this to be done, lol i check this almost every day!

Sick idea brah.

I remember reading the original thread on the SS submod section.

Will this mod still use stainless steel as a platform?

Also, will the King of England be represented by the pope, like originally planned?

EDIT: 14/04/15

Has anyone watched The White Queen? John Lunn's music would be very suited to this mod. Imagine playing to this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwB6AiCQK8

It would be awesome!
    Last edited by the duke dude; April 14, 2015 at 04:56 AM.

What's "GP"?

I've taken a look at the EDU you've sent me back in October. The weapons I can deduce from the EDU entries, but where does it say what armour each unit is wearing? I need that information too. I'll draw up a list of the quality level of each unit and send it to you to look over.

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    Live2sculpt, nice to hear the good news.

A quick update on my part. I have been busy modding my own mod in the past couple of months, mostly mapping and text-editing. I am now learning Autodesk Maya and I am almost done with a basic male body with proper topology (can be used to get high-poly models for rendering), unlike any model you get in Milkshape. I am now getting more and more comfortable with it, almost to the same degree as with Milkshape. It is probably not going to add any value to the mod, and may in fact slow me down. However, I feel I need to learn Maya so that I can continue doing 2D/3D-graphics as my hobby in the future. In any case, I will have to use Milkshape as intermediate tool due to lack of direct conversion tools. Once we have a stable version, I will be able to quickly produce many units based on the 3 armour levels I already made adding many more in the process. Inter-faction variation can be simulated by using different colors (main color + secondary color for each faction) on tunics, brigantines and banners, and possibly some AOR troops with different weapons. These models can be easily converted into stratmap models (with lower detail) for captains, generals etc.

I have also made new stratmap textures for all ground types and models such as trees (bigger and denser, yet less polygons - less lag). Such aesthetic things can be ported at the later stages into the mod, if required.

Sandy
    Thanks for all your hard work. I hope this little mod can serve as a great showcase for your artistry and skills.

Such s small and tidy mod really, not overly ambitious, and yet stymied by Roz' becoming unable to use his PC monitor for more than 5 minutes, and my career unexpectedly surging into a higher gear.

I'll say again, we have a catch 22 scenario here; where we NEED a dedicated mod forum of our own, to get the traffic needed to net additional team members that can help make our next Alpha launch-able, but we NEED to make the next Alpha launch-able to merit a dedicated mod forum of our own.

I myself, have been bogged down this month. But May is being deliberately left clear.

EDIT* Maybe I'm mistaken. Discuss; What would be the possibility of Moving this mod over to a dedicated forum? Will a moderator approve of such a set up? Should we go for it? What is the likelihood that doing so could help inflate our team with the necessary talent we need to push this project past the next hurdles?
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; April 25, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

It would be best to ask a moderator to learn the answers to those questions.

This is an interesting idea and I hope something comes of it.

Hows progress guys?

I am still waiting for a proper package of the mod. All the models I made are on my computer. I have a backup just in case though. Otherwise I haven't been modding much lately. My own complete overhaul mod is like 30-40% done for Western Europe 14th ceutury. I am keeping it a surprise, at least until a playable beta is ready for testing. I was hoping I could transfer some later units and stratmap models from my mod into BR and vice versa. Right now I am gathering inspiration and motivation to get back with new stuff. This year has been the hardest for me in RL, so... will see. PLUS there is a sale on steam, so... Basically I have been finding excuses for myself lately. Really, it's been three months I haven't touched anything. Other modders would totally know what I mean.

Autodesk Maya just slowed me down and killed all my momentum. Its like a swamp of new stuff, I figured the basics and even got a full model. For a game like Med 2 I am using like the most basic set of tools in it, like 10% of it, so its potential is wasted on older games. However, you can do most of the stuff in 3D view, so its much faster and natural. At the end I realized it's not even worth the time making a quality model in it, since there is no proper way to convert models. Most information gets lost when you convert them back and forth. So you can't make much editing after you are done. I will go back to using Milkshape it seems. However Maya or any similar software is definitely a must, if I will continue modding for modern games later on, probably after I am done with these mods.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; June 22, 2015 at 02:59 PM.

I get what you mean, I do some modding for Mount & Blade, and it is hard to keep the momentum going between RL and actually playing games.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Hnnnnnnggggg! Want this mod so bad!

So it seems like what we need is a working game that Sandy can put the units in and I can do the stats for after.

Sorry guys. My work doubled down again this summer. Just as I took care of one investor deadline, a NEW job came up. This one is extra special, and ironic.... I'm being paid to develop sculptures for a WotR war-game.

It turned out my research for this mod ended up paying for stuff after all.

I'm also going to be participating in the Battle of Tewkesbury reenactment this month, and catching up with Graham Turner in person.
    Fun stuff for an artist from San Francisco.

I know this isn't what many of you want to hear. I just find it ironic.

This will probably be very good extra research energy however.
    Anyone care to meet me there?

ps: I might end up a bit embarrassed if/when Graham asks me what happened to this mod after he granted me permission to use his art some years ago.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; July 04, 2015 at 03:34 AM.