Thread: Excommunication Issues

Icon1 Excommunication Issues

I am a casual player so I tweaked (lowered) units' upkeeps and AI money things and started a game as Avelorn on M/M. Fifty turns in, every 'loyal' faction but me, Eatiane and Chrace have been excommunicated. How did this happen? Was it somehow because of my tweaks?

I have played this a bit previously but never had a storm of excommunications like this. I know that there is code in place to change the religion of factions who are excommunicated, so is reconciliation even possible in this mod?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Excommunication Issues

Hi merkava,
    Reconciliation is not possible for AI factions after they are excommunicated. That's only possible for the player.
    Lowering the unkeep may have caused a financial boost for all the factions and this can increase their agressivity.
    If some faction is at war with Caledor, it will be excommunicated, so it has a direct relation.

Thanks, but doesn't solve the issue-Mr. Phoenix King just seems to randomly hate people . Is the excommunication chance also based on % cultists?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

No, sorry.
    The excommunication is working just like in the vanilla game.
    I have tried by all means to reduce the chances of Caledor attacking any Asur faction but sometimes he becomes crazy :\

I know what you mean. I started a new game as Saphery and when the Cultists and Nagarythe are at best minor annoyances Calendor starts attacking lots of people...one of which was mostly beating them down . I am kind of surprised there is no way to code in an auto-reconciliation though.