Thread: Regarding all these updates and mods remaining un-updated

Default Regarding all these updates and mods remaining un-updated

so before patch 9 hit I was enjoying playing with the greek unit packs that a steam user by the name of Smarmy made.
    and so far besides radious (not big fan of his roman/greek unit pack) no other mod comes close to what this guy has made and unfortunately these mods are now unusable because the moder in question seems to have disappeared.

its kind of a shame really, I understand CA is a business but this sort of updating every 15 to 30 days is getting really on my nerves... well I just hope that they update the game less frequently but when they do make it worth while...
    Last edited by Toho; February 17, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Regarding all these updates and mods remaining un-updated

Iam not sure if this game really worths all the frustration. It never will be a worthy successor to Rome Total War even if CA manages eventually to iron out every single bug.

As well it came to my mind that this new continuous patching process could be a new sneaky double sided tactic to piss off modders and make them walk off...after all the engine got locked up since Empire and while its technically no problem to give modders an almighty creation kit with all necessary assemblers,packers and unpackers CA is pussyfooting around this issue since Empire and modders never got anything significant which would allow for mods of RTW/M2TW-Kingdoms scale.
    To me it seems that all this "We care for moddability" talk is only claptrap in order to maintain a public image but behind the scenes,well....think about it.
    Last edited by chris10; February 17, 2014 at 06:01 PM.

I agree with Chris tbh. The base game is so rotten atm that even the best and most compehensive mods won't do that much to make it playable.

Have you tried unchecking the option to auto-update the game every time there's a new patch out?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    To me it seems that all this "We care for moddability" talk is only claptrap in order to maintain a public image but behind the scenes,well....think about it.
    That`s what it is. That`s all it`s ever been. All propaganda since Empire just to keep people hanging on and wasting their lives in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    I agree with Chris tbh. The base game is so rotten atm that even the best and most compehensive mods won't do that much to make it playable.

Have you tried unchecking the option to auto-update the game every time there's a new patch out?
    I tried doing that so patch 9 wouldn't mess up my mod campaign, but steam wouldn't let me play until I allowed the update ...
    long story short, I updated the game and haven't played it since

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    so before patch 9 hit I was enjoying playing with the greek unit packs that a steam user by the name of Smarmy made.
    and so far besides radious (not big fan of his roman/greek unit pack) no other mod comes close to what this guy has made and unfortunately these mods are now unusable because the moder in question seems to have disappeared.

its kind of a shame really, I understand CA is a business but this sort of updating every 15 to 30 days is getting really on my nerves... well I just hope that they update the game less frequently but when they do make it worth while...
    If just the unit pack then I'm sure it's fairly easy to make it compatible with patch 9 (assuming you have modded Rome 2 before). I think it's just the land_units that needs to be updated. Of course that's why I'm basically playing vanilla right now and will start modding (and play mods) again once the TW is release and no new patch/content for Rome 2 is release.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Back on topic though, can't issues with the frequent patches all be negated by disabling auto update and waiting to update your game until the mods you use have been made compatible with the latest patch???
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 18, 2014 at 05:44 AM. Reason: continuity

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by patrick993 View Post
    Back on topic though, can't issues with the frequent patches all be negated by disabling auto update and waiting to update your game until the mods you use have been made compatible with the latest patch???
    To ensure the patch will not be updated you can only run in offline mode all the time.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I love culling posts, especially the ones that are about other members. This one went a bit further then merely deleting.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 18, 2014 at 05:48 AM.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

only way is to learn how to do that yourself. it is alot of work, but it is worth it if you play alot.

and wth is wrong with radious unit packs? dude got tastes and skills.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Indefinitely Banned

there are some mods that were made and I agree with Toho.They are not being maintained in the work shop.People have lives and college etc.It cant be easy to maintain them always.
    Last edited by John ''True Grit'' Wayne; February 20, 2014 at 05:25 AM.