Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Major Update v2.4 (The MEGANING) - Plan and Progress

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Next Major Update v2.4 (The MEGANING) - Plan and Progress

It wont make too much of a difference really. Currently there are only 3 recruitment slots per province.

With this system 1 region factions will only be able to recruit 2 units (so 1 less) minimum. The player may be able to recruit more but will be able to recruit less in newly invaded provinces.

We may still need to tweak it further if the AI is handicapped too much by it. But need to test it thoroughly first before we made decisions on it.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ive decided to include some of the changes planned for the 2.4 update to be included in the next release (patch compatibility update). No its not the Germanic pack but some other minor changes which have been completed. Will list exactly what once the update is uploading later today.

so how is v2.4 coming along? any update news for the fans?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

well its not certain, but we are currently looking at releasing an earlier version within the next couple months(i guess it would be like a v2.35) with everything we've been working on for the last 8 months (greeks/redone romans/parthia/germans/bithynia/some of the arabians + a bunch of the other mechanics stuff).

Unfortunately this would mean a lot of the areas we were planning to have ready will not be ready. Previews will slowly start being put together now though. Currently the Parthian Preview is being assembled (in the non stickied thread) and the greeks and bithynians will follow.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

The v2.35 release will see a change in the mods file structure.

The base mod will now have 4tpy and x2 unit sizes and then 3 additional modules (x1 unit size, 2tpy, 1tpy)

This will reduce the number of the mod files from 6 to 4 and improve usability and avoid confusion hopefully.

Additional Modules will also be added for textures and will be required (these would have been added anyway regardless of the above changes.)

In the future we may eventually discontinue the x1 unit size and 1tpy/2tpy version though no decision has yet been made.

Ill start a poll to see who actually plays the mod on x1 and small unit sizes. If there are not many I'll porbably remove the x1 unit size module as well. x1 unit size can still be achieved with the x2 settings by lowering the unit size in graphics options.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have done research on Macedon if you need any mate!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    I have done research on Macedon if you need any mate!
    Cheers for the offer mate, have a chat to our lead researcher Roach who has been working on the Macedon research.

If you would like to help out with other research, add me on steam via the mod workshop page and we can discuss from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12