Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

Default Re: Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

Whick files should I copy to implement ONLY one rank fire and nothing else? I want to test that with Bran mod, then play with this improvements.

Alternatively, can someone tell me what could I do to mod it by myself

Default Re: Simple tweak for Darth MOD NTW: Fire by Rank removal and increased ammo

I too would like to know which packs do what. All I really want is the removal of fire by rank and the pack that makes formations tighter. Does anyone know which pack those are in?

Yeah I'd also be in for a version with fire by rank removal only

Removing fire by rank and tightening formation are simple, BUT VERY TEDIOUS!
    You have to disable fire by rank firing method and edit EACH unit's parameters. Check "can skirmish"check box and edit unit's spacing index...for almost all infantry!
    Anyway, thanks to Pack file manger&guides, it's very easy to edit MOD.pack files. I think you should try editing by yourselves if you want the game to suit your liking.
    I'm not in mood to do that again... I'll wait till ETW2 or NTW2 will be released instead.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme4
    CPU: Core i7 4790k @4.5GHz
    MEM: DDR3-2400 8X2GB
    SSD: Plextor PX-G256m6e 256GB
    VGA: R9 290 4GB(1150/1400)
    AUDIO: Creative Sound Blaster Z

Hi Sturmtrooper. I downloaded this for my NTW and I LOVED IT. Question though, i still play my ETW quit frequently (with darthmod of course) and i've always wanted a formation like yours in NTW. I was wondering if you could teach me how to do this with ETW?

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

a simple FBR removal only would be quite welcomed
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by omerta0414 View Post
    Hi Sturmtrooper. I downloaded this for my NTW and I LOVED IT. Question though, i still play my ETW quit frequently (with darthmod of course) and i've always wanted a formation like yours in NTW. I was wondering if you could teach me how to do this with ETW?
    I don't play ETW anymore, because it's very buggy&poorly optimized for me to play(:\)
    So I have no idea about exactly how to, but basically it might be same as NTW.

Any way, with Pack File Manager,
    Open Darth MOD ETW pack(I'dont know exact file name)
    Go db -> unit_stats_land_tables -> unit_stats_land
    and there, change values for each infantry units as below
    close_formation_spacing_horizontal=0.65
    close_formation_spacing_vertical=1.1

this will make infantry formations "tighter", I suppose.

I recommends you to try changing other values or so,(of course after you take back up!) and launch the game&and play to see what changed.
    You can learn what that value means and how it works that way. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ialyxxiieee View Post
    a simple FBR removal only would be quite welcomed
    OK, I'll do that.
    Last edited by Sturmtrooper; August 30, 2015 at 06:27 AM.

Love using this mod, however Its Annoying that my line infantry seems to not want to rank up past 2 chevrons
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU

Units gain experiences by suffering casualities(up to 3 chevrons) and by killing enemies(up to 6 chevrons).
    And experiences gained by killing is reduced by replacing casualities with new recruits.
    So if you want to keep the units' chevrons, merge experienced ones together instead of let them recover over time.
    Or, Open DMN_DarthMod_Napoleon.pack with Pack File Manager and lower units experience threshold to let them gain experiences quicker.

Has anyone noticed their line infantry doing a weird shuffling in battles. The units sometimes start turning and changing angles.
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU

Quote Originally Posted by ialyxxiieee View Post
    Has anyone noticed their line infantry doing a weird shuffling in battles. The units sometimes start turning and changing angles.
    It's a bug of this game engine....
    By double clicking Toggle fire at will button, the unit will stop turning and return to the designated position.
    Let's hope this would be fixed in ETW2 or NTW2 coming in the future.

Is it possible to make the mod without changing the accuracy because I feel like the mod is really good without the accuracy changes. When I played the game, it took a long time for infantry battles because it took so long to hit each other. So is there any way you can give me a link without the accuracy changes?

This is an amazing submod! this is what i was looking for! can you also do this for Darthmod Empire? I would be forever thankful. Thank you for this simple yet amazing small submod.

So, I downloaded the mod and now French 6 lb artillery is not getting any kills in the Egypt Campaign. Is this a bug?

This is a lovely submod... but it makes using unit packs problematic. Meh, nothing in life comes without trade-offs I suppose.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Is this mod volley fire or just the first line fires?

Geniuswas's Avatar Civis

Any reason why some units fire with all ranks but some only fire with 1st and/or 2nd rank? i.e. with French Empire units Regiment de Westphalie, fires with all ranks, but other units such as Swiss Regiments/Regiment de Catalonia only fire from 1st and/or 2nd ranks.

Libertus

is this compatible with bran mac born edits?

This little tweak is great, but it would be a lot better if we can have the following:
    1. Don't slow down the cavalry. At a lower speed, the cavalry's charge becomes less powerful. It becomes tactically a lot less useful.
    2. I agree with less musket damage at long range, but more lethal at short range. But I would increase the short range damage even more. At the current settings, musket fight becomes forever even at close range. I would love to see a volley at close range would knock down rows of enemy and then bayonet charge to end the fight.
    3. Probably want to increase accuracy for skirmisher or rifle units a little bit. Because with reduced long range damage, skirmisher ans rifle units don't kill many people. Then if you move closer, it can be charged very easily by the line infantry. So tactically, these units become less useful.
    4. Increase unit ammo load even more (maybe to 60), I remember that's the standard issue for the armies during Napoleon time. Bigger ammo counts really help out with long battles.

After trying Bran Mac Born, I decided to switch. The slow cavalry speed and reduced cavalry charge really kinda ruin the game. You won't see infantry got knocked to the ground by the horses anymore. Also reduced arty accuracy is kinda bad. One battle I had an Arty duel with AI. I had 3x12pdr's + 1x6pdrand AI only had 2x6pdrs. The AI was able to knock out 2 of my batteries while my shots were landing harmless a mile away. The only good thing about this tweak is the tighter unit spacing and 2 rank volley fire and more accurate canister shots, that's about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast