Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patch and 3.5 Beta questions

Default Patch and 3.5 Beta questions

Im trying to install the 3.5 Beta, but I need to figure out if I have downloaded and correctly installed the 3.4.1 patch. I followed the directions but no where on my screen does it say version 3.4.1. I followed the directions on subs power and 3.5 beta but it doesn't look like anything has changed. Should there be a way to help? Ive checked the forums and couldn't find any answers. Thanks

Default Re: Patch and 3.5 Beta questions

Thought Id share a screenshot from my cloud. Still cant figure out how to update to 3.4.1. Is there a way to tell it has been patched?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

The launch screen will say "Powered by ZoR" if you have Zone of Recruitment (which is 3.5) enabled.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

I don't have that on my opening screen. It should all be installed but I'm not sure how to access it or get it in the proper place. I copied and pasted the proper files to install the patch and then I installed 3.5, but didn't know where to go from there.

I always read threads before deciding to try a mod. Red flags all over the place for me on this one, but the modders involved make good stuff and it looks really good...

I got to the opening screen, saw Powered by ZoR and it crashed. I'm doing a complete reinstall as I had a lot of mods in there at one time, just thought it would be better. The install instructions on this mod are a bit scattered and incomplete, I figured out what to do after having 4 tabs open and going on moddb.

So I've got 3.4, the .1 patch, music mod, 3.5 and the subpower mod ready to install in that order. I've noticed some people asking about how to install the 3.4.1 patch as there are no instructions, they said they put all the files in the data folder and it didn't work, no one ever answered their questions. Hopefully I can get MechDonalds BSM mod to work (best smoke ever) and General Andy's muskets (best sounds) to work with this.

I made a submod for Napoleon once and in the install instructions I used BOLD TYPE, different colors and organized everything as step 1. 2. 3. etc. People are dumb and if it is not laid out very explicitly you'll have issues.

If I get this to work I'll share exactly what I did.

The rules are the same for everyone.

Installation

Requirements
    1) Empire: Total War (preferably with Warpath addon)
    2) ACW Brothers vs. Brothers 3.4.1 version (3.4 patched to 3.4.1)
    3) husserlTW's Subs Power
    4) NO OTHER MOD MUST BE INSTALLED

Process
    1) Install ACW 3.4 and 3.4.1 patch.
    2) install husserlTW's Subs Power launcher
    3) download the ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
    4) unzip the ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
    5) run setup.exe and follow installer's instructions
    6) Do not forget to select "Zone of Recruitment" (a.k.a. ZoR, a.k.a. v3.5) in the launcher Submods, to run 3.5 Beta+

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    The rules are the same for everyone.

Installation

Requirements
    1) Empire: Total War (preferably with Warpath addon)
    2) ACW Brothers vs. Brothers 3.4.1 version (3.4 patched to 3.4.1)
    3) husserlTW's Subs Power
    4) NO OTHER MOD MUST BE INSTALLED

Process
    1) Install ACW 3.4 and 3.4.1 patch.
    2) install husserlTW's Subs Power launcher
    3) download the ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
    4) unzip the ZoR - Open Beta 3.5
    5) run setup.exe and follow installer's instructions
    6) Do not forget to select "Zone of Recruitment" (a.k.a. ZoR, a.k.a. v3.5) in the launcher Submods, to run 3.5 Beta+
    I'm not one of those 'can you make the belt buckles with red trim and make this flag for me' type of person haha, but I do have a wee suggestion; take exactly what you typed right there and put in maybe a 'Installation instructions' sticky?

I'm still re-installing ETW, but I'll post exactly what I did if I get it to work.

Thanks Trig, can't wait to play. I've got a cousin who has played TW for 10 years and has never used a mod (yes they exist haha) and I'm going to help him install this one after I get it going. He's a huge ACW buff and after he saw some screens of this he was floored.

Ok so, installing patch 3.4.1, there is no installer, last time I just put the pack files in the main ETW data folder, is this correct or do they go into the ACW data folder, I can't find any instructions regarding this part. this was the question I saw a few other people asking as well, this might be one of the things causing CTD.

I'm going with main data folder cause that makes sense...
    Last edited by Wolves In The Throne Room; February 18, 2014 at 05:23 PM.

my problem is I cannot get it to patch to 3.4.1

That's what i did as well in the steam folders and i couldn't tell if it worked but i don't think it did because nothing has changed

vonkinderei's Avatar Libertus

The 341 files go into the empire total war\ACW\packs folder NOT the ETW data folder

Hope this gets you guys up and running

that is the folder I put it into

Story i didn't realize he had said ETW

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    I'm not one of those 'can you make the belt buckles with red trim and make this flag for me' type of person haha, but I do have a wee suggestion; take exactly what you typed right there and put in maybe a 'Installation instructions' sticky?
    Well this text is in the installation instructions on ModDB and also in the 3.5beta sticky here. But ok, I'll make another thread if those two are not obvious enough.

I still can't figure out why the patch isn't working after I copy and paste it into the correct folder

I got it working. Love it! Really great mod! Who all worked on this so I can give reps all around?

This is what I did for anyone having issues (feel free to copy this and repost).
    1. Deleted ETW via steam and physically deleted ETW folder (had saved my TAR rar so re-installation of that is simple too)
    2. Re-installed ETW (I'd already purchased Warpath long ago, all DLC you have auto installs)
    3. Installed ACW 3.4
    4. Opened 3.4.1 patch rar and copied files directly into the main ETW data folder
    5. Installed 3.5
    6. Installed SubPower
    7. Installed ACW music mod
    8. I'd backed up the smoke and musket sound mods I used and copied those back into main data folder (musket mod isn't overwriting ACW sounds though?)
    9. Opened steam as admin
    10. Ran ACW desktop shortcut as admin
    11. Used 'check file' all good
    12. Edited user script to add my two mods
    13. Selected warpath and selected ZoR submod
    14. Started game, no problems

Noticed after I edited my save game via ESF to make it 40 units per army that the AI suddenly merged all of it's wayward single units into a 40 unit army and moved on Richmond! (Very Hard difficulty).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    I got it working. Love it! Really great mod! Who all worked on this so I can give reps all around?
    For up to 3.5:

Team
    husserlTW
    Trig
    Chieftain John K.
    [NC]Master
    Minas Moth

Credits

JaM for support and letting us to use his ETW Realism
    DaVinci for setting us in the right direction
    Flikitos for help with buildings
    husserlTW for solving problems
    Baron Von Beer for his submod
    Tharros for paving the way

Special Thanks
    shokh, hinkel, primergy

Nowadays, for 3.6 mainly just Pappagoat and myself, with some good advice from Wangrin and bits and bobs from other good people.

I really hope I don't have to do all that just to get 3.5 installed, or 3.4.1 for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyguy6759 View Post
    I really hope I don't have to do all that just to get 3.5 installed, or 3.4.1 for that matter
    Well, you can volunteer to make us a practical single file auto-installer, for instance.
    As a reward for you, I promise not to at you half as much as some people do at us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast